PDA

View Full Version : Millie's Restaurant?

kranders
08-05-2002, 07:53 AM
I've seen Millie's Restaurant from the monorail and was wondering if it's a good place to eat. It's on the east side of DL on Harbor Blvd. Has anyone eaten there? Opinions?
Thanks

Gemini Cricket
08-05-2002, 07:58 AM
I've eaten there several times and enjoyed it. They have good cornbread. I highly recommend it.
:)

justagrrl
08-05-2002, 07:58 AM
As an Anaheim local, I wouldn't eat there. That's just me though. Other opinions may differ. :)

MammaSilva
08-05-2002, 08:04 AM
we ususally stay at the Fairfield Inn and eat at Millies three or four times during a week stay, think 'upscale' Dennys and you have it, the food has always been good, nice variety and good service has been our experience....what I want to do now is try the Mimi's next door! We have one here and I love their turkey Royale sandwich yummmmm

justagrrl
08-05-2002, 08:08 AM
Mimi's on the other hand - Quite the tasty treat indeed! A choice between Millies or Mimi's - no contest in my book.

kranders
08-05-2002, 08:23 AM
Thanks for the quick replies...but now I'm confused! When I saw the restaurant in June I looked at the name and thought that it was Mimi's, but a search on Yahoo didn't show any Mimi's in the area but a Millie's at the right location. Then I just assumed I remembered the name wrong(not unusual at my age :( ). The restaurant I saw had colorful awnings on the windows(I think they were purple). Any idea which one I saw??

MammaSilva
08-05-2002, 08:32 AM
that "sounds" like Mimi's, the two are basically 'side by side' with some landscaping seperating them, mimi's is the First one you see as you round the corner, Millies is closer to the McDonalds......

mad4mky
08-05-2002, 12:50 PM
We've eaten there several times....it was just ok. But their desserts are VERY good!

Great Ice Cream treats!:D

kranders
08-05-2002, 01:10 PM
I did a little further checking and it is indeed Mimi's Cafe that I am interested in reviews/opinions.:)
Thanks!

TP2000
08-05-2002, 02:11 PM
Mimi's is very, very good. They have a huge menu, with lots of hearty American fare. Plus huge salads and some pasta dishes. They also have fantastic desserts, and a decent wine offering. All of their entree's are always very good, and their pot roast is fantastic. The service is flawless and very friendly every time I visit the Harbor Blvd. location across from Disneyland, and every other Mimi's I've been to has great service as well.

We were impressed one evening with the skilled, gracious and attentive service we received from the Mimi's hostess, our waitress and the busboy. It was worthy of note because we had received lazy and sloppy service with barely an attempt at hospitality just 5 hours earlier at the Blue Bayou for lunch. We spent almost 200 dollars for our Blue Bayou lunch, but received a markedly better level of service out in the real world at Mimi's for just less than 100 dollars for our party of 5.

With the great food and service however can come long lines at Mimi's. If you arrive right at the dinner hour, especially on weekends or when Disneyland is busy, you may be sitting outside on the park benches for up to an hour before you are seated. Try to hit Mimi's, any Mimi's anywhere, at a non-standard eating time and you'll be fine and can usually walk right in.

Millie's, next door to Mimi's, should not be confused with the latter. Millie's is your usual motel coffee shop with sticky tables and gum smacking waitresses. I had pancakes there one morning when out of town friends were staying in the Fairfield. I don't need to go back to Millie's ever. Just walk the extra 30 yards across the parking lot and go to Mimi's!

mad4mky
08-05-2002, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by kranders
I did a little further checking and it is indeed Mimi's Cafe that I am interested in reviews/opinions.:)
Thanks!

I have only eaten at the Mimi's near us here in No. California. We have enjoyed the meals there...

I personally love their breakfast menu. Great stuff.

My good friend goes there every Thanksgiving. Her children are grown and out of the house (son is overseas in the military...daughter goes to in-laws in San Diego) and her husband has to be out of town everytime during that holiday. She LOVES going there on Turkey day...they even give her extra to take home!

But...as it is a chain...some locations might be better than others.

awinner
08-05-2002, 03:00 PM
there is one right down the street from me...there food is pretty good, nothing special, although their motto is that they "have the best cinnamon rolls you've ever tasted", and they are pretty amazing!!!