PDA

View Full Version : No Fantasmic? [after Sunday, January 13]

Poppins
11-27-2007, 11:32 AM
We're heading to the park Jan. 17-21, and the schedule doesn't show any Fantasmic shows. Say it ain't so Darkbeer!

Andrew
11-27-2007, 11:58 AM
It looks like the show will be dark after Sunday, January 13 through at least the end of February. It's pretty normal for shows and attractions to go under refurbishment around this time of year, but check the calendar as it gets closer to your trip as things may change.

Cynnielovesminnie
11-28-2007, 10:18 PM
NOOOO!!! I was totally fine with all of the other closures, but not this!!!!! I've only seen Fantasmic once, and it was as we were walking by when I was 17... didn't get to stop. We're going for the end of February... :( this totally bums me out.

Cyn

danyoung
11-29-2007, 08:01 AM
I feel for you, Cyn. Not to rub it in, but I think DL's Fantasmic! is one of the finest mixed media outdoor presentations on the planet! Ah well, there's always next time . . .

jamielj
12-22-2007, 02:45 PM
PLEASE let it be that they just haven't posted the times for Fantasmic yet past January 13!!! It was cancelled Friday night our last trip due to poor weather conditions, and we left Saturday afternoon. We are staying over Saturday night this time for one reason only... just in case it got cancelled again on Friday.
My entire family will be VERY disappointed! I would have booked Mon-Friday instead of Tues-Saturday if it wasn't for Fantasmic.

jamielj
01-02-2008, 01:20 PM
We're heading to the park Jan. 17-21, and the schedule doesn't show any Fantasmic shows. Say it ain't so Darkbeer!

I e-mailed guest relations, and indeed Fantasmic is going "dark" January 14-March 6. My family is SOOO disappointed!!!:crying:

However, we do feel lucky to be going to Disneyland and will have an awesome time!:) My girls have countdown calendar and we are very excited!

weluvdisney
01-07-2008, 12:02 PM
It doesn't appear on the schedule but is not being refurbished. Is it normally dark this time of year? Sorry I usually travel to DL during summer or Christmas.

Darkbeer
01-07-2008, 12:04 PM
While some work will be done on Fantasmic! while it is on hiatus, in the past, Disney used to only offer either Fireworks or Fantasmic! during the slow off-season. So the primary reason for the closure is cost savings. It is scheduled to return for the busy Easter/Spring Break season.