PDA

View Full Version : Disneyana Store Signing - How do they do it?

KarenW2
11-27-2007, 06:36 AM
We'll be coming to DL on Sunday, for the CP, as well as the Jane Seymour signing event. Since the Disneyana Store is so small, how do they work the signings there? Do they have one line to pay for the product and another to wait on, for it to get signed, once you've purchased it?

I haven't been to a signing there, my DH has, but it was years ago and he doesn't remember how they did the Sleeping Beauty Castle purchase/signing.

I'm also trying to figure out which mode of transportation will be easiest and safest for me - either my wheelchair or my walker. I know the doorways in the stores are very narrow, so I'm thinking of using the walker for the waiting/signing, but I don't know how crowded it's going to be and I really don't want to get knocked down. I'm thinking of starting with the walker, until we get our print signed, then go back to the car, to switch out the walker for the wheelchair, for the rest of the time.

If there are 2 lines, will they let me wait in the line to get things signed, while my DH is paying for it and then let him join me, once he's gotten it? Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this safely for me?

Do they let you get your photo taken with the artist, while they're signing the piece, or just as they finish?

Many thanks in advance, for any info you can give me, so I can be as prepared as I can be for this!

cstephens
11-27-2007, 10:18 AM
I've been to Disneyana for Olszewski signings, so I can tell you how that works. Not sure if Jane Seymour would be handled the same way.

There are two lines - one for purchase and one for signing. The purchase line has lately been starting at Disneyana and heading towards the castle. The signing line starts at Disneyana and heads down towards the entrance gates. Not sure if they'll have anything pre-signed, but for those who want pre-signed or don't care about the signing, they can just get in the line to purchase. Anyone who wants a signing right there can then get in the signing line. I've seen that when there are two people in a group, one gets in the line to purchase and the other gets in line for the signing.

The artist is usually at a table in the back. CMs control the doors to both lines and will let people in as others clear out. From what I've seen, you have a couple minutes to talk to the artist while they're signing your stuff. I don't know if there's a limit to how long you can stay there. Obviously, they're not going to want you to spend a lot of time there if there's more people in line waiting.

I've seen people in wheelchairs for the releases/signings, and it doesn't seem to be a problem. Recognizing that Disneyana is small, they're pretty good at not letting it get very crowded in there.

I've seen people have their picture taken with the artist, though I haven't paid attention to when that's done.

As I said, this is what I've experienced with Olszewski, but since things change like the wind, I can't guarantee that'll be how it works this weekend.

KarenW2
11-27-2007, 01:26 PM
Thanks so much for your info! At least it gives me a bit of an idea of what to expect. Now watch them "reinvent the wheel" and come up with a new way of doing this! Oh, well, we'll just hope that it isn't raining and that it doesn't last too long!!

Thanks again!