PDA

View Full Version : I met the Mickey Suite Winners for today!

codewoman
11-26-2007, 08:12 PM
I saw them at the parade (at the very end!). I knew, because the CM with them was carrying a giant Grand Marshall sign (they were from Bakersfield). They were chosen at 10:39 am getting off Peter Pan (drat, I skipped it because the line was too long!). So it wasn't me, but I got to touch one of them.

They seem very nice and genuinely excited to have been chosen. Incidently, you get Concierge (because the suite is on the 11th floor of the Dreams tower).

backsthepack
11-27-2007, 04:06 AM
That is so cool. We sort of met the people that won when we were there in June. The Dad had been in line behind me (at will call) while the Mom and kids were in line at another window. They were waiting to see which would open first I guess. Well, he left the line I was in and went to the second window. Next thing I knew, they were winners.

samkj
11-27-2007, 06:20 AM
We met the family that won back in February. They won around 9:30am getting off Pinochio. She was SOOOO excited and was making frantic phone calls changing their flights and calling work since they were supposed to be on their way home that day.

codewoman
11-29-2007, 10:24 AM
I would be the same way!! If I won on my last day, I would definately change my plans....

oohykitten
12-01-2007, 03:47 PM
Gee so a lot of Fantasy land rides seem to be the place in the mornings

disneyhound
12-01-2007, 05:47 PM
Hmmm, Fantasyland....

tink123
12-02-2007, 09:24 AM
We won a dream on Thursday the 29th. My husband was coming off of the Heimlick chew chew train in bugs land and there was the dream team. Two ladies one with a white vest on and one in reg cloths with a video camara. They started asking him questions and said he was a potential winner. And asked if we would come the the winners lounge. We said yes and the said our whole family could come along. We had about 16 people there.
When we got there (we were freaking out) they asked 3 questions. Do you have photo id, does any of your family work for disney and i cant even remember the third but it was a easy thing. They then said you have won. They popped in a video really fast and it said we had won. My husband was the Grand Marshall and we all were on the big bus (16), we got dream fastpasses, a meeting with mickey and dinner at the Blue Buyou for him and 5 guest. We also won a night in the Mickey Penthouse. I was in shock all day. It was the most amazing day every. We have the big signs off the bus on our walls at home. We love Disneyland.
Oh and the winner is predetermined by the ride and seat by a computer probably. And in advance. so you have to be at the right place at the right time.

Heaven Is Disneyland
12-02-2007, 04:48 PM
Congratulations to everyone that won! I would just start bawling if the Dream Squad approached me with a video camera!

I won Dream Fast Passes over near the winery area at California Adventure a few months back. I called in to the Mousestation Podcast and left a voice mail about winning. They played my voicemail on their podcast, episode 94, exactly 22 minutes into the podcast. That location may be a usual hang out for the Dream Squad, I asked another family weeks later where they got theirs and they said the same place, so who knows.........

It was such a great experience and comparative to what you can win, we won a small thing but I was soooo excited!