PDA

View Full Version : Hannukah at Disneyland?

anbjacobs
11-26-2007, 01:00 PM
I'll be visiting Disneyland next week and I was wondering if anyone knows if they do anything special for Hannukah? I believe the first day if Hannukah is Wednesday - it will be fun to spend it in the Magic Kingdom! My luck daughter gets to celebrate both Christmas and Hannukah!

Barb

Toocherie
11-26-2007, 01:35 PM
Not sure if they do anything, but the Holiday Time Tour included an explanation of what Hannukah was (given in front of the doctor's office on Main Street).

Bytebear
11-26-2007, 02:23 PM
I believe in the past some of the hotels have displayed the Menorah in some form or fashion. The fireworks show does include the Dreidel song.

anbjacobs
11-27-2007, 08:28 AM
Thanks for the info! I can't wait to be there!

Barb

dougeebear
11-27-2007, 10:24 AM
Wait, you mean there's no Hannukah Processional with a Living Menora and celebrities telling the story of the oil lasting eight days? Smacks of religious preferentialism to me.

motomickey
11-27-2007, 10:56 AM
i noticed lots of hannukah:) things last week when I was there

dittersdorf
11-27-2007, 11:29 AM
i noticed lots of hannukah:) things last week when I was there

Me too, especially merchandise! I plan to buy a few for my room mate. I also saw a Kwanza pin as well!

Niwel
11-27-2007, 12:43 PM
I'm working on a Chanukah guide to the park. It is a leaflet -- one sentence.

Kidding.
Pretty much it is the mezuzah on main street with the menorah in the second-story window. Merchandise can be found on main street (not a huge amount). There is a Chanukah pin (ask the CM if you can't find it -- some stores sell out faster than others). I don't think there is a candlelighting on property (since they have a law about fire).

But .... you can always get some begnets from Brennans and some jelly packets from La Brea and make your own jelly doughnuts; and enjoy some mickey gelt (also sold in the park). :)

Drince88
11-27-2007, 12:53 PM
But .... you can always get some begnets from Brennans and some jelly packets from La Brea and make your own jelly doughnuts; and enjoy some mickey gelt (also sold in the park). :)

Don't the Beignets sold at Cafe Orleans come with a jelly-like substance? (I know they come with something that you would NOT find at Cafe-du-Monde.)

Niwel
11-27-2007, 01:01 PM
Don't the Beignets sold at Cafe Orleans come with a jelly-like substance? (I know they come with something that you would NOT find at Cafe-du-Monde.)

Hmmmm.... can't remember if it is chocolate sauce or raspberry sauce

anbjacobs
11-27-2007, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the info Niwel - I'll definitely pick up the Mickey gelt! I'm also on the hunt for a cute disney menorah. Where about on Main Street is the mezuzah? I'm assuming you mean it's on one of the door posts, right? That would be fun to see.

Barb

Niwel
11-27-2007, 01:57 PM
I'm also on the hunt for a cute disney menorah.
I've seen one, but you might have better luck online.

Where about on Main Street is the mezuzah? I'm assuming you mean it's on one of the door posts, right?

On the left side of the street as you face the castle -- before you get to the jewelry store. There is a door that says "Dr. Benjamin Silverstein" it has stairs in front of it. :)

Mrs Mouse
11-27-2007, 01:58 PM
Last time I had them they came with some type of berry jam/compote stuff and a warm vanilla sauce.