PDA

View Full Version : Please help me

winniepooh
08-04-2002, 12:29 PM
I have convinced my wonderful boyfriend to spend a fourth day at the Disneyland Resort, 3 days in Disneyland, one day in DCA and Downtown Disney. Good for me :D

However, we allready bought the 3 day parkhopper passes online for 90 $, and now we want to change those to the 4 day passes that costs 119 $, but is that possible when we bought them online?

Please help me oh ever wise mousepadders.

MammaSilva
08-04-2002, 12:49 PM
you have to call Disney Travel in Florida ....they are the only ones that can do it and i'm not sure what you have to do ...sorry

MichelleC
08-04-2002, 01:34 PM
On your first day at the park you can upgrade the pass for a 4-day hopper. They will apply the purchase price of the 3 day hopper to the 4-day hopper and you will only have to pay the difference.

MammaSilva
08-04-2002, 01:44 PM
the problem with using that method is that they will charge the difference between 90 dollars and the gate price of a 4 day hopper, if she wants the cheaper pass she will have to go back thru Disney travel :(

Darkbeer
08-04-2002, 01:45 PM
But if you do it at the park, they won't give you the "discount" price, I would call the Travel division tomorrow and ask, I know they do have an "office" at Downtown Disney, it is located on the west side of the mall, behind the Compass Book sotre, right across the "street" from the Disnyeland Hotel, they might allow you to upgrade at the discounted price there....

tredla
08-04-2002, 08:41 PM
Call Disney travel 1-800-960-9283. If they can't help you, which i belive they can they'll know who can, just don't take no for an answer. but sence its in the best intrest of making money they will probualy not have a problem helping get what both you and they want.

winniepooh
08-04-2002, 10:25 PM
Thank you for the advice.

I have emailed Disney, and if I dont hear from them soon, I will have my american friend call on the number you suggested.

DwoernAdale
08-04-2002, 11:00 PM
I recently tried to do exactly that. I purchased 5, 3 day park hoppers online at the $90 price. I wanted to upgrade, to 4 day hoppers so I went to guest relations on the esplande next to the DCA entrance on our final day.

They have no access to the online service at guest relations.

I ended up upgrading at the 'regular' rate. The way it all worked out was I saved $8 per ticket over the single day park hopper they currently offer at $59. I Argued, I cajoled! I lost )

Each upgrade to park hopper status I got, was at $51 a pop.

The CM at the window tried everything she could imho. But that was all she could do from there.

Although I didnt, I would try calling from a pay phone if you decide to go extra days. Because I guarantee you I batted my eyelashes all I could, and it was a matter of 'unable' to, not 'unwilling' to. =)

julia
08-05-2002, 07:56 AM
Hi!

Everyone has a good suggestion for you - I would just keep bugging at them, don't let more than a couple of days pass before you follow up if they don't answer.

Be kind and gracious and apologize for bothering them. They are very busy people with a lot of requests and I find that the kind, gentle and polite way seems to work best. I can't tell you the number of times that I have sat in airports, waiting on delayed flights, and seen angry travelers yelling at gate agents. You know, I've never seen anyone find any success that way. People in the customer service business seem to be really ready to help people "above and beyond" when they are kind, but unwavering in their requests. Almost always, it is all up to the person with whom you are working to make the final decision on prices and availability for you in your situation.

Good luck and have fun at Disneyland!
:-) Julia

winniepooh
08-05-2002, 12:15 PM
My good friends in LA, has called different places including Florida, nobody really knows if it can be done, but they suggested that we shipped our tickets to Florida together with a check for the fourth day, but since our tickets are located in Denmark (where we are too) we have decided it will be easier to buy two 1 day passports for DCA, they are only 35$ at the moment, and it is easier, and with the otherwise added postage not that much more expensive.
Thanks again for your help.
Mousepadders are the best!!:D

btw, I will be in Disneyland on the 18th, the 24th and the 28th of August, will any of you be there?

Darkbeer
08-05-2002, 05:20 PM
winniepooh, before buying the one day tickets, stop by the Walt Disney Travel Company offices in Downtown Disney (Far west side, facing the Disneyland Hotel, next to the Compass Book Store), and talk to somebody face to face, they might be able to help you on site, and if not, then you can go to plan "B", which gets you the discounted DCA tickets if you have proof of Southern California residency (hopefully a friend of your is meeting you).

Have a GREAT trip!