PDA

View Full Version : Weddings at Disneyland Question...

Pages : [1] 2

MiaTurner
11-25-2007, 06:06 PM
I hope this is in the right forum... Many apologies if it isn't.

I was just thinking about this while I was riding the Haunted Mansion this weekend... Every time we pass this mosoleum in the graveyard (across from the singing busts) I always point to whoever is in the doombuggy with me and go "That spot right there is where I'm going to get married!" ;) (I'm very girly and a lover of pink... farthest thing from goth, I just happen to love the Mansion.)

Really I'm usually just kidding (if I had that kinda money I'd go for it though ;)) But it raised an interesting thought... I heard somewhere you can rent out any ride in Disneyland as a venue for an event, but that seems kinda outta place to me. (It would be pretty hard to get married in Splash or Space Mtn. for example...) But a place like Haunted Mansion where they've hosted dinners and the like seemed more plausible so... are any of those rumors true?? :eek:

Malcon10t
11-25-2007, 07:01 PM
I hope this is in the right forum... Many apologies if it isn't.

I was just thinking about this while I was riding the Haunted Mansion this weekend... Every time we pass this mosoleum in the graveyard (across from the singing busts) I always point to whoever is in the doombuggy with me and go "That spot right there is where I'm going to get married!" ;) (I'm very girly and a lover of pink... farthest thing from goth, I just happen to love the Mansion.)

Really I'm usually just kidding (if I had that kinda money I'd go for it though ;)) But it raised an interesting thought... I heard somewhere you can rent out any ride in Disneyland as a venue for an event, but that seems kinda outta place to me. (It would be pretty hard to get married in Splash or Space Mtn. for example...) But a place like Haunted Mansion where they've hosted dinners and the like seemed more plausible so... are any of those rumors true?? :eek:Yes, you can rent out a ride or an area for an event. You can also get in touch with Disneyland for more info with regard to weddings. (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/weddings/index?name=HomeWeddingsPage)

adriennek
11-26-2007, 07:06 AM
But a place like Haunted Mansion where they've hosted dinners and the like seemed more plausible so... are any of those rumors true?? :eek:

The key words here are "They've hosted..." dinners at HM. Disneyland didn't rent out the HM, they hosted it. And I think the dinner cost 4 figures per person.

There used to be a way to have a private party just in New Orleans Square. I think it cost something like $300K to $500K about 10 years ago.

Adrienne

AVP
11-26-2007, 07:17 AM
The key words here are "They've hosted..." dinners at HM. Disneyland didn't rent out the HM, they hosted it. And I think the dinner cost 4 figures per person.

There used to be a way to have a private party just in New Orleans Square. I think it cost something like $300K to $500K about 10 years ago.

AdrienneAn Enchanted Evening in NOS was only around $45K the last time we looked into it.

AVP

Andrew
11-26-2007, 07:31 AM
An Enchanted Evening in NOS was only around $45K the last time we looked into it.
For how many people? Including food & beverage?

princessy777
11-26-2007, 07:38 AM
Getting Married in the castle drawbridge with a reception in either the castle village or in front of It's a Small World requires a minimum $50,000 total expenditure. I'm getting married soon and looked into it. Which means you must spend at least that much on food/bev., carriage, trumpeteers, charachters, floral, etc. in order to get the venue after hours when the park is closed.

Still haven't decided.:confused:

Niwel
11-26-2007, 07:41 AM
You might be better off adding HM touches (music, decor) to a non-Disney venue.

MiaTurner
11-26-2007, 12:53 PM
You might be better off adding HM touches (music, decor) to a non-Disney venue.

Just a girl fantasizing about her future wedding right now really ;) I was just curious if one of those fantasies was actually POSSIBLE.

Speaking realistically I'll probably end up getting married at Sea World in front of the killer whale observation area. I'd LOVE to get married at Disneyland but I'd have to marry ridiculously rich :p

princessy777
11-26-2007, 01:07 PM
I'd LOVE to get married at Disneyland but I'd have to marry ridiculously rich :p
Uhuh! It's not completly unaffordable. Some of the packages were like $20000. It's just the castle that is the price of a luxury car. Decisions, decisions.....

janell
11-26-2007, 01:11 PM
You may want to look at getting married at WDW.

I always wanted to get married infront of the castle and it cost alot. Do to the cost, Im planning a wedding at WDW, they starting at 10K. You can also do what they call an Escape wedding which is 3K but you are limited on locations and you can only have a max of 18 guest.

If your interested in a WDW wedding, check this site out.
http://disneyweddings.go.com/site/gate/index.jsp?backLocation=wvh

Malcon10t
11-26-2007, 01:16 PM
I've told MDM if I hit the lottery, the wedding will be in front of the castle. She has actually liked what she saw for a wedding in the Animation building at DCA. Two of mine would be having Disneyland weddings, but the oldest wouldnt go for it, so they can pay for their own!

pastrylover
11-26-2007, 01:55 PM
I was always under the impression that you could get married any where you want at DLR for free as long as you brought you own officiant and you didn't impede the flow of the crowd. My Aunt witness such a wedding a year or so ago.

princessy777
11-26-2007, 02:06 PM
I was always under the impression that you could get married any where you want at DLR for free as long as you brought you own officiant and you didn't impede the flow of the crowd. My Aunt witness such a wedding a year or so ago.

I think most have a formal wedding ceremony in mind.

MiaTurner
11-26-2007, 03:33 PM

That's funny, we always wondered if you could just buy a priest a ticket and go get married for free :p

I'd think it would be hard NOT to impede the flow of the crowd though...

Mrs.N
11-26-2007, 08:05 PM
My husband and I got married in 2003 in front of the Snow White grotto at sunset. (This was also the spot of our first kiss) We brought our own minister, family and friends and had a short and sweet ceremony. Lots of magic, not a lot of money. Afterwards, we dined in one of the nicer restaurants at DTD, and brought our wedding cake into the picnic area. We decided the $20,000+ would be better spent on a downpayment for a house!

Drince88
11-27-2007, 07:18 AM
That's funny, we always wondered if you could just buy a priest a ticket and go get married for free :p

I'd think it would be hard NOT to impede the flow of the crowd though...

And I'm not sure if the 'not impeding the flow of traffic' is the official rule, or the de facto one that just won't get you stopped. I saw a ceremony once on a storybook land canal boat. They filled the whole boat with people from their group, and just had the CM drive.

princessy777
11-27-2007, 07:53 AM
I read here in the cast member stories about a man who fell in love with the girl at the Dreyers Ice cream window on Main St. They eventually got married by having their small group suround them and the officiante near the wishing well.

I want something way lavish so that wouldn't work for me. But it is sweet and romantic.

Malcon10t
11-27-2007, 09:53 AM
There was a small wedding like this not that long ago on the Mark Twain also.

cstephens
11-27-2007, 10:00 AM
There was a small wedding like this not that long ago on the Mark Twain also.

I have a friend who got married on the Twain a few years ago. My understanding is that Disney doesn't condone getting married in the park on your own, and they will stop a ceremony if they see it going on. The friend had to do everything fairly surreptitiously. Maybe things have changed.

Jon
11-27-2007, 12:52 PM
I got married in a church, but I popped the question at Disneyland.

That was free. :)

princessy777
11-27-2007, 12:55 PM
I got married in a church, but I popped the question at Disneyland.

That was free. :)

Your quote is priceless! As is cstephens' on private school. Made me spit my water with laughter! :D

missmonkey
12-02-2007, 07:21 PM
We decided the $20,000+ would be better spent on a downpayment for a house!
I have to agree. I'm hoping it's just my thrifty immigrant genes and nothing grinch-y but I'm aghast when I hear about people spending tens of thousands of dollars on a wedding. It's true that an event like that should be celebrated and done up as big as you want. But. . . but . . . sheesh!

Topic? I would spend my lottery winnings on a private wedding party in NOS. :D

disneyjunkie
12-02-2007, 11:28 PM
My dd got married at the DLR in Sept of '05, the total cost was 14,080. That included : Ceremony in the RG at the DLH, reception in The Pavillion room at the DLH, rehersal dinner at the Parkview balcony at the GCH ( that was 40 guest ) the ceremony was 60 guest. It was important to her to get married at the DLR ,since she was a little one we have always been a DL family. I love the pics of her in our hotel room at the DLH in a pink stripped dress with mickey sunglasses on, holding her autograph book and pen . She dated her dh there first date and then some, she took her first born there at 6 weeks just for a quick goofys kitchen dinner and later at about 12 weeks for his first DL Christmas. They had season passes when living back in the Orange Co area.
The wedding was beautiful, the reception fantastic with a Cinderella theme,Mickey and Minnie, a beautiful cake ( cakes ... wedding , grooms, sons first birthday.) Later after the ceremony a Fantasmic waterfront dessert view... comp'ed by the wedding staff.
For her getting married at DLR was never a maybe she planned it everytime she went there she is a girly girl and loves DL ever since the picture I have of her outside the DL hotel in bathing suit with again the mickey mouse sunglasses and she is like 3 years old and beaming at the camera of where she is , the same area she walked around in her wedding dress to take pics on her wedding day.The next baby visited when he was 5 days old and the oldest loves DL and was looking at the website with the Christmas castle and wants to go to DL for Christmas to ride HIS monarail.

princessy777
12-03-2007, 07:22 AM
I have to agree. I'm hoping it's just my thrifty immigrant genes and nothing grinch-y but I'm aghast when I hear about people spending tens of thousands of dollars on a wedding. It's true that an event like that should be celebrated and done up as big as you want. But. . . but . . . sheesh!
:D
Yes, that is fine to each there own. But PLEASE keep that opinion to yourself when talking to an engaged couple! Nothing is more disheartening to a bride then people who criticise what her and her family are spending on their wedding! When they start hitting you up to foot part of the bill then you can express your pangs of conscience. I'm sure you are referring to your inner monologue but not everyone is that kind.

Also where is it stated that just cause one has a big wedding they cannot also have a house? We plan on having both so that rational doesn't apply to everyone.

cstephens
12-03-2007, 07:42 AM
Nothing is more disheartening to a bride then people who criticise what her and her family are spending on their wedding!

If one didn't advertise what one was spending on their wedding, I would think that would cut down on the criticism. If the information is put out there, that opens it up to more comment and opinion.