PDA

View Full Version : New ToT construction photos are available

Darkbeer
08-03-2002, 02:15 PM
Westcoaster.net has just put up pages of photos dealing with the DLR, including the start of the steel frame for ToT, check them out by using the link.....

http://www.westcoaster.net/update.php?id=0803021

Nigel2
08-03-2002, 08:45 PM
Cool, an all natural and living version of TOT made entirely out of decorative trees!:D

slaakker
08-03-2002, 10:07 PM
Gotta give another favorite site a plug. Disneygeek.com also has a new update posted with pics from DL and DCA.

tredla
08-04-2002, 08:49 PM
ok i checked out both updates and i like the sence of humor at westcoaster and the pics there are better in my oppinion. Still to make another plug mouse info has the most awsome pics when they do updates they like are very own AL do them up right. :)

stagestar
08-05-2002, 04:27 AM
OK, great pictures - can't wait to see the same construction to happen at the WDS in Paris but I fear this will take a while... but what I wanted to ask you as regulars of DL: with ToT now under construction how would you rate the chances for the Geyser Mountain project to be realized?

That ToT-style ride was originally developed for DLP but according the the columnist MickeyFantasmic, that provides the website I'm working on (www.dlp.info) with reports, is still under consideration for DL Anaheim.

Yours
Dirk

DisneyFreak2000
08-05-2002, 06:17 AM
I really would like to see that attraction open up behind Thunder Mountain, because we need something over there. It would be a nice touch to Disneyland Park, but it probably wouldn't happen for a while due to the plans for TOT and the 50th that will carry through first. Then however, I'm sure that they'd do a Tomorrowland rennovation sometime after the 50th (maybe we'll finally get Alien Encounter or Buzz), but that doesn't mean we still can't get Geyser Mountain. Hell I want it! Perhaps Geyser Mountain could open 2010.

By the way, three parks are opening up in Paris by 2017?!? That's an awful lot of work to do, even when Disney Studios out there doesn't have much to offer yet. Or will this be like Disneyland Resorts proposed third park, and will silently fade away and out of discussions for now?

Thomas
08-05-2002, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Darkbeer
Westcoaster.net has just put up pages of photos dealing with the DLR, including the start of the steel frame for ToT, check them out by using the link.....

http://www.westcoaster.net/update.php?id=0803021

Caution to people who post on westcoaster though.

You have to kiss the moderator's ***. He does not like to be proven wrong, as I did to him regarding "X" at SFMM. Second, he does not follow his own rules for the use of language on the board. When I pointed this out, I got kicked off his board undert the name I was using. He does not realize that I have 3 other identities on his board though. And I still don't kiss his ***.

Third, the website is not really about rollercoasters, but a cheap disquise of a disney website such as MP. Notice the logo when the site opens.

My honest opinion only.

justagrrl
08-05-2002, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by tredla
i like the sence of humor at westcoaster and the pics there are better in my oppinion.

I found the photo captions to be rather lame myself. "pit of stinky doom"? "Fiendish Jungle Gym Of Not Quite As Much Stinky Doom"?

Whatever.

Thomas
08-05-2002, 10:22 AM
I think the moderator of that board finds himself humorous. I think he is the only one.

Bill Catherall
08-05-2002, 10:57 AM
Just a little reminder that it is against the MousePad Community Policies (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7984) to criticize other websites and message boards. "If you can't say something nice..." This is not the place to be bashing other sites and the moderators.

justagrrl
08-05-2002, 11:56 AM
Sorry Bill. I guess I forgot.

Although I do think it a bit of a double standard to allow good things to be said about another website - but I can't express my opinion to the contrary. However, I understand the rule - and that'll be the last I'll say 'bout them. :)

Thomas
08-06-2002, 10:32 AM
On the update today, there was a picture of ToT going up (the one with the crane in the background). THis is the same picture (I think) on Disneygeek.com and that westcoaster (aka DLR site). Each site takes credit for the picture. Who actually took the picture and why are so many people taking credit for it?

Bill Catherall
08-06-2002, 10:46 AM
Thomas - They are not the same picture. If you look closely you will see that the picture on Westcoaster.net doesn't have a rail in the foreground and there's a person standing under the ladder in the bottom center of the photo. The picture used by MousePlanet has a rail visible in the foreground and no person under the ladder.

Thomas
08-06-2002, 06:34 PM
OK, they look the same. I wasn't looking too closely. Thanks.:o

LIMANDL4EVA
08-06-2002, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Thomas

Caution to people who post on westcoaster though.

You have to kiss the moderator's ***. He does not like to be proven wrong, as I did to him regarding "X" at SFMM. Second, he does not follow his own rules for the use of language on the board. When I pointed this out, I got kicked off his board undert the name I was using. He does not realize that I have 3 other identities on his board though. And I still don't kiss his ***.

Third, the website is not really about rollercoasters, but a cheap disquise of a disney website such as MP. Notice the logo when the site opens.
I could not agree more! i was just afraid to express my opinion cuz i knew he would get SO mad for NO reason. Glad im not the only one.

Bill Catherall
08-06-2002, 08:29 PM
LIMANDL4EVA - Did you not see my reminder? That was not a suggestion. Now my reminder has turned into a warning. No more criticism of other sites. And yes, quoting other's criticism and saying you agree is the same thing. Leave them alone.

newhdplayer
08-06-2002, 08:40 PM
Who cares. Per D.I.G. quote, it is going to suck anyway.

"The story is still very mixed on this one - we are getting a cutback version of this attraction, at least as far as how it was done in Orlando. (They have eliminated the "fourth dimension" room the elevators travel through before the drops.) Whether this means they have come up with something better to replace what they took out we'll have to wait to find out.

Considering the abysmal track record of current management, I will not be holding my breath on this one. So far the DCA story has been one of disappointment after disappointment. The blind have been leading the doomed here."