PDA

View Full Version : refurb. schedule

elimoon
08-03-2002, 11:13 AM
Hey Again! I just looked at the info for the time I will be at DL and I noticed that the Matterhorn is due to open Nov. 9 ...The day I leave! Do you think that it may be possible that they could finish early and it will reopen sooner? I told the kids that it will not be open at all so they don't get their hopes up! Also I heard that Fantasmic will probably not be running while I am there (Nov. 1-9)
if anyone knows or has any idea about this I would greatly appreciate your help...thank you ! ...eli ......Oh and any insider secrets about entering the parks from GCH would be great too!

disguy
08-03-2002, 11:16 AM
I would worry more about Matterhorn taking a longer time then shorter. You just never know with rehabs especially that ride it needs a lot of work! As far as I know Fantasmic ends Sometime in Oct. I have no idea if they are brining it back for Holiday season I doubt it since they already will have Haunted Mansion,Xmas parade and belive plus there xmas show at Fantasy land theatre it will be pretty filled, entertainment wise.

tredla
08-04-2002, 08:56 PM
well you can count both of them out no way the bobsleds will be done early and fantasmick ends in october. An artical i read with Disneyland resorts vp said they are running the show season to season with no promisses for the next time if ever that they will run again. still you are going at an incredible time of year so sit back and enjoy the holiday magic. have fun!

elimoon
08-05-2002, 04:03 AM
Oh well....Like I said as far as I was concerned the ride would be closed so no biggie and I can deal without Fantasmic as well, it will be easy not to spend the $200.00 I would have spent on the balcony seats! Thanks so much for the info...how crowded do you think it will be during this time ? I think I read somewhere that the kids are off from school in S. Cal...is this correct? Have a Happy Day and thanks again...elimoon :p

socabch
08-05-2002, 09:01 AM
I think I read somewhere that the kids are off from school in S. Cal

My kids are not off that week. Maybe year round track kids are. We only have a few schools in our district that do year round and during that time they are only off on 8th, Friday.
It should be pretty calm compared to the summer and holidays. The Haunted Mansion Holiday should attract a little more than usual than it did before it started last year.

zapppop
08-06-2002, 12:07 PM
When will The Haunted Mansion and It's A Small World close for their Christmas makeovers ?

Disney Nick
08-06-2002, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by zapppop
When will The Haunted Mansion and It's A Small World close for their Christmas makeovers ?
Zapppop HM doesn't have a Christmas makeover. It is a Holiday makeover that includes Halloween :D (giving you a hard time is fun ;)) Anyways shouldn't HM be closing after Labor Day if they intend to be open by Oct. 3rd?

disguy
08-06-2002, 03:47 PM
I hoping not since I'll be there on the 13th of Sept!