PDA

View Full Version : Got a favorite Cast Member?

Pages : [1] 2

WifeyMommy
11-24-2007, 07:28 PM
By far our favorite CM is Chappy. A spry older fellow from the East Coast who works at the GCA hotel entrance to DCA. He always makes our family laugh and seems to enjoy his job. He takes his position quite seriously but still maintains the old style Disney employee flair. Hats off to Chappy :D

BlewByYou
11-24-2007, 09:03 PM
I took an Adventures by Disney tour in Costa Rica. Michael Rodriguez was our tour guide. He is a tour guide at DL when it's the off season in CR. We really liked him.

dittersdorf
11-24-2007, 11:24 PM
My favorite is definitely Julietta, who I often see at the pin trading stand on Main St. and also in the Emporium. She is wonderfully sweet, full of great enthusiasm, and even sang to me on my birthday!::D
However, to paraphrase Will Rodgers, I've never met a Cast Member I didn't like.

Niwel
11-24-2007, 11:37 PM
If anyone would like to write up their story about an experience with a CM, Cast Place would love to hear it (click on link in my sig). :)

MiaTurner
11-25-2007, 05:37 PM
I'm not sure what her name is, but there's this one dancer with black hair and really poofy bangs who I know dances in the HSM pep ralley and the Block Party. She just always stuck out to me as one of the best performers up there, and even with the constantly changing cast for both parades, I've never managed to see a show without her in it... She's great :)

Gone2Disneyland
11-25-2007, 05:56 PM
Bob at the Carnation Café. My friends and I often go there on the weekends for breakfast. He's come to recognize us as "regulars" and since then, he's always welcomed us back warmly, making us feel right at home. Thanks, Bob! :)

Jon
11-25-2007, 09:58 PM
I don't know his name, but my favorite is the Jedi Master mentioned in some other threads here. He looks the part and is great on the spot. My 5-year-old cousin and I love to watch the Training Academy show and that guy is always coming up with new lines and keeping the audience laughing and cheering. We love that guy (although my cousin is too afraid of Darth Maul to participate - he tried once but froze up when Maul came out. I think he understands it's not real, but he still panics a little.)

I also love any CM who yells at people for taking flash photos in HM. God bless you, mysterious voice from nowhere.

CV12Pirate
11-26-2007, 03:20 AM
PanFan is my favorite Cast Member.

Malcon10t
11-26-2007, 01:39 PM
My favorite cast member quit in October. Bora had been there about 10 years. She was in special events and handled the Fantasmic! premium seating.

Another favorite is Karen in Guest Services.

BIRDGIRLS
11-26-2007, 01:43 PM
Us bird girls really like Lee at California Screamin'. We met him over a year ago when we were standing waiting to be let into the train (at the little gate thingys). For some reason we were all smacking our lips and he turned around and did it back! We came back a week later and did it again, then he did it back at us. We came back every week with a new noise to do at him. One time we did a bird noise (errah errah) and he started calling us the bird girls. When we're there now he plays with our hair and talks to us over the intercom in line ("Raise your hand if you're ditching school! Raise your hand if you're LYING!"). Cast members of honorable praise: Ignacio, Doug, Luis, Dolores, Jay, and Bob, all from California Screamin', who also recognize us as the Bird Girls.

Another time when my sister and I went to DCA on my birthday, and we decided to eat at the Golden Vine Winery restaurant. Unfortunately, I'm allergic to onions.. and all but one of their salad dressings had onions, and the sauce for their meatball sandwich had onions in it too. So we ended up getting a dry meatball sandwich and a salad with vinaigrette instead of dressing. They felt bad for me since it was for my birthday, so we got a free meal. The only thing we paid for were our drinks. I don't remember the guy's name but he definitely receives commendations from us.

PanFan
11-26-2007, 01:46 PM
PanFan is my favorite Cast Member.

Awwww :)

biolabetty
11-26-2007, 02:39 PM
Bob at the Carnation Café. My friends and I often go there on the weekends for breakfast. He's come to recognize us as "regulars" and since then, he's always welcomed us back warmly, making us feel right at home. Thanks, Bob! :)

My kids love Mr. Bob, we have asked sometimes to wait until he had a table open in his area. I don't know her name, but she works at BB, and is a very bubbly, blond person. I know that whenever I get her, I will be well taken care of. I have a hard enough time reading the menu in the dark there, so to see her nametag is even more difficult.

A few years back, Craig at City Hall helped us out with a few things. He was wonderful, and even went so far as to call me at home to make sure our arrangements were set. I definitely left a compliment form for him.

MiaTurner
11-26-2007, 03:30 PM
Kudos to Ron in the City Hall at Disneyland for putting up with me and my friend's odd request to see the certificate of compliace for the Haunted Mansion and letting us get a picture ;)

T&Rshep
11-26-2007, 04:23 PM
Maynard is, and has always been, my favorite cast member. Can't wait to see him in just a few weeks!

Trogdor the Burninator
11-26-2007, 07:37 PM
Our favorite cast member is Farley back in Reindeer Roundup and Frontierland. He is awesome! He always takes the time to talk to our family and has played Happy Birthday for each of us on his fiddle. I know he's been at Disneyland for a long time. He always brings a smile to our faces when we talk about him. Only a few more weeks until we get to see him again. We hope he'll play the Reindeer Hokey Pokey.

Mrs Mouse
11-26-2007, 07:59 PM
By far our favorite CM is Chappy. A spry older fellow from the East Coast who works at the GCA hotel entrance to DCA. He always makes our family laugh and seems to enjoy his job. He takes his position quite seriously but still maintains the old style Disney employee flair. Hats off to Chappy :D
We've met Chappy too and think that he is fantastic! He's always so friendly but incredibly professional at the same time. Great guy.

I'd have to say my all-time favorite CMs would be the ones that made my engagement so special. Pierce, Kristen and Jeanette all work in Tomorrowland and around the castle and they did everything possible to make sure our moment was extra magical. Pierce (Kristen and Jeanette's lead) even blocked off the castle for us so that we could walk across the drawbridge entirely on our own - it made for some fantastic post-proposal photos! Also from that same day were Brad and Jennifer (yes, their real names!) who we met at the Gallery viewing of Fantasmic. Super friendly, full of Disney knowledge and so accommodating. You can bet that they all received a special mention from us at the end of our trip! :D

curtsinore
11-26-2007, 08:42 PM
Just returned and the three that stand out are the lady driving the yellow horseless carriage, our very first ride at DL and she gave us all buttons and saw her through out the week with her great smile and energy. There was Brian on the Jungle Crusie, working hard at the wheel and getting us exicited about the sights ( Took my first time visit DGF immediatley on another cruise to show her how great Brian was at the mike as we got a dud at the mike, he acted new and had a tough crowd)

And a fellow in Frontierland pin sales, very friendly and willing to share about the hobby, the only person we found in DL who had any knowledge or was gracious about the pins. Woman IN DCA across from Ariels was also helpful.

Another Dimension
11-27-2007, 02:18 AM
all from California Screamin'

Cali does have some really cool and many very sweet CM's on it's crew ... and IMO always has since DCA opened.
Just many cool people on that crew, no matter how many times new people are trained and some regulars move on, time and time again... and most of my favorite Resort CM's over the years have worked Screamin' crew.

Over the years I've gotten to be good friends/beyond being a fan with many of the incredibly talented Resort musicians too from various groups...

But my favorite DLR CM is Maynard.

mushroom
11-27-2007, 05:55 AM
Our family loves Maynard too.

ER Nurse
11-27-2007, 07:48 AM
I want to say that Joanne at the Monorail went beyond her call of duty for my family when there there on the 14th-15th of November. She opened up the last car (we called it the nose cone) for my 3 year old daughters first ride. We all loved it and realized we had a dream granted when we got off and they locked it up again. So THANK YOU!!! for making my daughter so happy :)

Lisa

MrsPooh
11-27-2007, 09:12 AM
We have YET to see Maynard, and we want to. I hope we find him when we go in January.

My all time favorite cast member is Luis the waiter in Club 33. He really knows his stuff, and his DL/C33 trivia. He made my first visit there a very memorable one. I'll never forget him.

I also loved the crew over at the Subs. I had a bout of claustrophobia when I tried to ride them in August. They made me feel like it was no big deal, and sat and chatted with me while my family rode. They rock!

Mermaid
11-27-2007, 09:22 AM
I loved Wes the Photopass man. He got us to "Vogue" and was just hilarious! He even had our first Photopass guy (I forget his name, also good) get in some pictures with us. It was hilarious!

MiaTurner
11-27-2007, 10:10 AM
Cali does have some really cool and many very sweet CM's on it's crew ... and IMO always has since DCA opened.
Just many cool people on that crew, no matter how many times new people are trained and some regulars move on, time and time again... and most of my favorite Resort CM's over the years have worked Screamin' crew.

I agree. Last trip, I left my sunglasses on the ride TWICE. (After the second occurance I slip them in my bag now instead :|) And both times the CM's were really great about getting right in there and retrieving them right away, and then returning them with a smile and a sincere "Don't worry, it happens all the time", instead of the annoyed attitude you might excpect anywhere outside Disney.

TinkR
11-28-2007, 10:29 PM
Chappy is charming and is always fun to see. We enjoy seeing Richard, who bounces around Fantasyland (Snow White & Alice is where we see him most). Our favorite, though, is a sweet lady that we've been visiting for more than five years. Her name is Debi (now blond) and currently working in the coffee shop on Main Street. When we first met her she was working in thw watch/jewelry shop on Main Street, then she moved across the street where the collectibles are sold. Next she worked in the corner photo shop. Over the summer she was a dream maker. We saw her a couple of days ago and it was great.

Nancy
11-29-2007, 09:17 PM
We met Chappy for the first time last week. We have also met Maynard many times but my all time favorite is Steve the fireman. He has been there for 30+ years and still looks so young. We try to get a picture of him every trip but missed him last week.