PDA

View Full Version : Am I Crazy or did Tiki get shorter between July and October?

Pastafarian
11-23-2007, 10:44 PM
We usually do Tiki once every other trip or so, and I remember going in July to get out of the heat, rest, and listen to the birds. We skipped it on our Sept trip, then when we went in October, it seemed to be shorter. I remember napping a little in July during the show, but in October it did not seem to last as long. The fountain scene seemed shorter for some reason. Also the masks on the walls didn't seem to do their whole song.

Am I out of my mind or have they shortened the show?

p.s. Don't get me wrong, I don't go to it to nap. I love the tiki's and I don't actually "nap" per say, more like the half awake/hear what is going on doze that you can only do when listening to something relaxing, yet it feels like you slept for hours when it's done. Does anyone else ever do that or I am crazy in that way too? lol

Niwel
11-23-2007, 11:17 PM
Nope -- same show :)

TTFN92
11-24-2007, 07:49 AM
I actually always fall asleep in Muppets. I even fell asleep in Lights, Motor Action at WDW. It is a very loud car show but I was so tired. I think it just has to do with finally getting to relax. You're not weird, just tired ;).

biolabetty
11-24-2007, 11:04 AM
I noticed a change to the show myself a few years ago. There used to be a long fountain sequence where the water would go up and down and change colors during Barcarolle by Jacques Offenbach. I remember that because when my students would play the piece, I would tell them it was performed at the Tiki Room at Disneyland. It was very noticeable to me when it was removed. But recently, as in this or last year, there hasn't been a change that I can tell.

biolabetty
11-24-2007, 11:13 AM
I found this on youtube, it is the original show including the Offenbach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhApjPASb64

Pastafarian
11-24-2007, 12:07 PM
I found this on youtube, it is the original show including the Offenbach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhApjPASb64

THANK YOU!

biolabetty
11-24-2007, 02:05 PM
Well, I've been watching that youtube video and it doesn't appear to include the Offenbach after all. I have googled it online and can find various references to it having been in the show, but I can't find another video of it. Sorry.

Another Dimension
11-25-2007, 03:54 AM
The Offenbach piece was officially removed from Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room soundtrack, years ago... not between July and October 2007.

:)

potzbie
11-26-2007, 01:11 PM
I actually always fall asleep in Muppets. [...] I think it just has to do with finally getting to relax. You're not weird, just tired.

That's funny ... I usually "rest my eyes" in GREAT NAPS WITH MR. LINCOLN -- I mean, GREAT MOMENTS WITH MR. LINCOLN.

K & S
11-27-2007, 06:21 PM
So I guess the general consensus is that the show hasn't changed, which means Pastafarian is crazy.

;)

Pastafarian
11-27-2007, 09:05 PM
So I guess the general consensus is that the show hasn't changed, which means Pastafarian is crazy.

;)

LOL! I TOLD the voices in my head I was, but they wouldn't listen.

3disneyangels
12-05-2007, 06:13 PM
went in february 2007 and saw tiki at WDW seem as long as before, went in august 2007 and i thought it was shorter, mind you this is not one of my favorites, but my daughters like it and it was as hot as hades so i figured i could go and take a nap( yes i try to sleep thru this and the country bears) but they must have cut out a big chunk because it was finished too fast for me too cool off or nap.

pooh74
12-11-2007, 01:29 PM
Is there any place to find an audio version of the entire Tiki Room show?

Niwel
12-11-2007, 01:37 PM

Yes, the 6-CD musical history at Disneyland collection and the Adventurous Jungle Cruise CD/Enchanted Tiki Room both have the full versions. :)

pooh74
12-11-2007, 01:45 PM
Thanks!!! :D

Drince88
12-11-2007, 02:07 PM

We got an LP when we visited when I was in Junior High (77 or 78). But I think my parents got rid of all their LPs... :D

coronado_g
12-12-2007, 06:47 PM
You stay off of my bach and I'll stay off of your bach!