PDA

View Full Version : How Often Do You Visit The Park?

Pages : [1] 2

dittersdorf
11-23-2007, 09:53 PM
I got my AP in August. It's the first time in over a decade since I've had an AP, and though I didn't forsee this happening, I've found myself using it almost once a week since I bought it. Most people I know think it's the oddest thing they've ever heard of - but even though I've been visiting DL since I was a kid (the early 1970's), I never seem to get enough of the place. I just feel an overwhelming sense of joy when I walk under those archways onto Main Street, and I love that my visits now aren't "attraction driven", I'm not running from one line to another like a maniac, but can just enjoy the beauty of the park.
Anyway, I know no one here will think I'm crazy for my frequent visits - but what I want to know is this - how often do you visit the park? Once a year? Once a decade? Or every week like me? I know I'm not alone - any other Disneyland addicts out there?:)

kelli1rose
11-23-2007, 10:12 PM
My 19 month old daughter and I go every Thursday (Tuesday if we can't go on Thursday), and we both love each moment we are in the park. We have a general routine of rides and shows, but I try to find at least one new thing each visit. I keep the weekly schedules in the basket of my stroller, and have been able to share them with other folks on their way to the park.

I feel instantly relaxed as I pass under the train tracks and enter Main Street, and would not miss this special time together with my baby. My 12 year old son goes when he can, and even marched there last week with his junior high band.

I am always truly amazed at the huge number of cast members it takes to make Disneyland magical, and I am blessed to have the time to spend there with them. I hope you enjoy your weekly visits as much as Katie and I do. You can find us at the merry-go-round at 11:00AM on Thursday, riding Katie's favorite horse, Champion!

Pastafarian
11-23-2007, 10:36 PM
We are from Colorado and go approximately every 6 weeks (give or take a week) and stay for 3-4 days each visit. We are very flexible and look for the best airline and hotel deals; this enables us to go, what I would consider, pretty often for living out of state.

When figured out total number of days spent in the parks, we would probably compare to a local that went once every week and a half or so.

disneyhound
11-24-2007, 06:26 AM
We are from Colorado and go approximately every 6 weeks (give or take a week) and stay for 3-4 days each visit. We are very flexible and look for the best airline and hotel deals; this enables us to go, what I would consider, pretty often for living out of state.

I am jealous, we only manage one annual vacation... :crying: Like you, we look for the best airfare/hotel deal, usually book months in advance!

Rkkm
11-24-2007, 06:35 AM
Dittersdorf! You are my soul brother (or sister)! I feel exactly the way you do .. and use my pass accordingly. Walking through the train tunnel .. I feel the burdens of the real world floating away. I, too, skip the rides on many trips. I love soaking up the happy energy.

BraMax
11-24-2007, 07:24 AM
I would love to visist weekly or even monthly but living up in Canada it makes it tough. Although we leave on Wednesday for our 3rd :D trip this year. We love it there and so do our kids. We are hoping to make it at least once a year if not 2 times. My friends and family don't get it and tell me I'm spoiled but hey it's Disney how can you not love it.

Jon
11-24-2007, 08:41 AM
I go about once a week, too; I love being able to walk around without feeling like I need to accomplish anything. It never gets old because they're always changing something, and there are always little kids (and grown-up kids, for that matter) who are seeing DL for the first time. I usually go on a ride or two, but sometimes I just relax with a frozen lemonade and enjoy the vibe.

blazerslave
11-24-2007, 09:39 AM
Wow! You're all very luck to be able to go as often as you do! We don't live that far away, but with work and family obligations, my wife and I only manage to go 6 times per year. 2 of the times we leave our 16 month old daughter with grandma (also a huge Disney fan) and go alone. Every trip is special and as the saying goes, "absence makes the heart grow fonder". We're usually itchin' to return a week or so after we have gone. Mouseplanet makes the wait in between visits more bearable.

Cheers!

dittersdorf
11-24-2007, 12:52 PM
Dittersdorf! You are my soul brother (or sister)! I feel exactly the way you do .. and use my pass accordingly. Walking through the train tunnel .. I feel the burdens of the real world floating away. I, too, skip the rides on many trips. I love soaking up the happy energy.

Cool, Rkkm - thanks for the shout out, and I consider you my soul brother/sister as well!:D

AlbertaMinnie
11-24-2007, 02:23 PM
I would love to visist weekly or even monthly but living up in Canada it makes it tough. Although we leave on Wednesday for our 3rd :D trip this year. We love it there and so do our kids. We are hoping to make it at least once a year if not 2 times. My friends and family don't get it and tell me I'm spoiled but hey it's Disney how can you not love it.

Hi BraMax! We live in Edmonton and feel the same way! Only our very best friends understand us....everyone else thinks we are insane! We just found out that my husband is expected to attend a conference in the DLH in April...SHUCKS! The kids and I are tagging along for sure even though we were just there in August! Enjoy your trip!

BlewByYou
11-24-2007, 05:48 PM
My friend and I have the So Ca pass. From Jan-June we went every other month. Couldn't go during summer. Since September we have gone once a month. We now have two more friends that got passes. One hadn't been on a lot of stuff so we sat down and marked down everything she hadn't seen and that's what we did. It was fun. We usually have long lunches at Cafe Orleans and go on what rides we can.

BraMax
11-24-2007, 07:11 PM
Hi BraMax! We live in Edmonton and feel the same way! Only our very best friends understand us....everyone else thinks we are insane! We just found out that my husband is expected to attend a conference in the DLH in April...SHUCKS! The kids and I are tagging along for sure even though we were just there in August! Enjoy your trip!

AlbertaMinnie
Hey it's great to meet a fellow Edmontonian. I told my husband what you posted and he said where does he work? I need a job there lol. Enjoy your trip in April. We've got the countdown going now 4 more sleeps lol.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
11-24-2007, 07:39 PM
We live in WA state, and up until 11/1, had annual passes. Opted not to renew them since I am 6 months PG and we don't have a trip planned again until May. However, before now, we would go 2 times a year. I have been 3 times this year, without my kids. Our last family trip was almost a year ago, the first weekend in December with my dad, who hadn't been to the resort in 25 years.
I anticipate we will get APs again next year, and will be back to our 2 times a year trips again after baby arrives.

Mrs Mouse
11-24-2007, 10:38 PM
Hey it's great to meet a fellow Edmontonian.

Me too, me too! We also live in Edmonton, and we try to take a trip every summer. It would be so nice to go more often, but our trips tend to be on the longer side (usually about ten days) so that makes up for it!

micmoushous
12-03-2007, 01:22 PM
Oh Albertaminnie how I wish we were coming with you during Springbreak!!! As I read the posts from other people who "feel like they are home" when they enter the park tears come to my eyes and I worry about not seeing it next summer. I know I shouldn't whine...we are going to Disneyworld instead...but I still know last time we were in World we truly missed Land...how can we do both? hmmm...there is a birthday coming...

bathtubs
12-03-2007, 01:39 PM
Living up in Alberta (another almost Edmontonian [30 minutes out] here) I wish I could go more often. My first time to the park was in '99 for one day, then one day in '01, '03, '04 and then this year we went for 6 happy days in February and then one day at the end of March. I am going again at the end of April with my sons band. One day is NOT enough time.

Heaven Is Disneyland
12-03-2007, 05:35 PM
I got my annual pass last year as a Christmas present. I totally bawled when I got it!

I just renewed it and felt all warm and fuzzy when I got my confirmation.

I checked with guest services and they told me that I have been to the park 34 times this year. Such a Disneyaholic! I can't get enough of the place, I talk about it constantly, listen to Disney podcasts at work and even love going by myself!

I am a total social butterfly and have no problem making friends while waiting in the attraction ques.

I also love to take pictures in the parks, of all the scenery and flowers. I have a digital camera and it is one of my favorite toys. It takes such beautiful pictures, I take tons and then go home and show my family a slide show of that day's pictures. Our new tv has a slot where you can put the memory card from the digital camera and will play a slide show of pictures. They are so crystal clear and beautiful.

My daughter is 20 months old and the days her and I go together are so speical. She is young but it is great to see her reaction to things, I can't wait until she picks her favorite princess!

amarvel
12-04-2007, 10:39 AM
we usually go once or twice a year. we also got AP's in august so this year i may go 3 times. if i lived closer we would go much more frequently.

Bolivar
12-04-2007, 11:47 AM
...since I am 6 months PG ...

I guess you're going to have to change your username!

I went to DL in 1999 after not having been there for a long, long time. It was magical and made me feel like a kid again. I went again in 2003 and felt the same. I went again in 2004 and it was just as magical. But then I went in April 2005, December 2005 and August 2006. That was too much too quickly. That august trip it really started to loose it's magic.

So it amazes me how the magic can stay for those of you who go so often -- I wish it would for me.

Disney Daddy of 4
12-04-2007, 12:03 PM
We currently live in Reno NV and this will be our 5th trip this year... and clearly not enough... I love it there. I have been ever since I was little and even performed there on multiple occasions.

oregontraveler
12-04-2007, 12:41 PM
I guess you're going to have to change your username!

Yes, but will it be 3 boys or 2 boys and a girl :D Anyways, congrats on the baby.

I bought my 2nd AP in July '06, driving down in Jan. for 3 days and one
last trip probably after the July 4th weekend.

Phooey to all those locals that go every week.

Bytebear
12-04-2007, 01:44 PM
Phooey to all those locals that go every week.

I think I will hit the park tonight after work. :p

bag3lbit3s
12-04-2007, 09:45 PM
I can honestly say...I get my money's worth out of my annual pass :P.

There were times where me and my girlfriend would go sometimes 2 times a week. We just can't get enough of the place. It's addicting...and yes, I know what you mean about walking under the train into mainstreet. We call it "home." :)

coronado_g
12-05-2007, 03:16 PM
I go once a month - with a break from the park in July (too crowded). On my yearly vacation, I go at least 5 days in a row. The magic stays special for me even with frequent visits. On my last visit (Dec 3rd), I cried upon seeing Main Street with all the fabulous Xmas decorations. And the cried again upon seeing the castle lit up with the snow lights at night.

darph nader
12-05-2007, 05:57 PM
Physically,only every 2/3 years.:crying: Mentally,every other day.;)