PDA

View Full Version : What's Up With the Apple [at entrance to Snow White's Scary Adventures]?

dittersdorf
11-23-2007, 09:16 PM
The golden apple at the front of the entrance to Snow White's Scary Adventures has been missing since at least July of this year (2007), does anyone know if/when it's coming back? The pedestal it rested on remains, but I miss rubbing the apple and hearing the queen/witch cackle (and it's something I love showing to friends who either rarely go to DLR or have never noticed it before).

Mickey
11-23-2007, 09:36 PM
I miss the apple also, the sound of the queen and lightning is still there, touch the area where the apple used to be and you'll hear it.

Where is the apple? Calling disney imagineers!!!

olegc
11-24-2007, 06:25 AM
I miss the apple also, the sound of the queen and lightning is still there, touch the area where the apple used to be and you'll hear it.

Where is the apple? Calling disney imagineers!!!

we tried the stand on Nov 16th and it was not working.. :(

cstephens
11-24-2007, 09:28 AM

Yeah, it was working for a while even without the apple there, but it's been disconnected for a while. It hasn't worked the last two times we've tried.

someimagination
11-24-2007, 10:07 PM
There's actually a button at the console where the CM sits that controls the sound of the queen/hag cackling, so now-a-days if they press it, it should cackle outside. [It's quite fun to do while guests are about to walk into the attraction.]

dawnid
11-25-2007, 07:56 PM
My DD who recently quit DL-Fantasyland Classics told me that the apple is under refurbishment. She wasn't sure why, if it was loose or something else. She said that if you wave your hand over where the apple should rest the queen should still cackle.

olegc
11-25-2007, 09:05 PM
My DD who recently quit DL-Fantasyland Classics told me that the apple is under refurbishment. She wasn't sure why, if it was loose or something else. She said that if you wave your hand over where the apple should rest the queen should still cackle.

not true. You must actually touch the apple (or now the stand) across it in order to complete the circuit and cause the sound to play. just waving does not do anything (there is no motion sensor).

dawnid
11-26-2007, 09:15 AM
Okay - my bad, I misunderstood her, touch, not wave where the apple should rest and the queen will still cackle. Also there is no on/off switch on the console.

cstephens
11-26-2007, 10:27 AM
Touching, waving or stomping on where the apple used to be doesn't do squat at the moment.

PanFan
11-26-2007, 01:56 PM
Okay - my bad, I misunderstood her, touch, not wave where the apple should rest and the queen will still cackle. Also there is no on/off switch on the console.

There is not an on/off switch at the console per se, but as someimagination said, there is a button the CM can push that will make the witch's cackle sound from the pedestal outside. I've pushed it many a time as unassuming guests enter the queue. It really is quite fun!

IllusionOfLife
11-27-2007, 06:37 PM
There is not an on/off switch at the console per se, but as someimagination said, there is a button the CM can push that will make the witch's cackle sound from the pedestal outside. I've pushed it many a time as unassuming guests enter the queue. It really is quite fun!

That's pretty cool. I never knew that. But do you know why the apple has been taken off of the pedestal or when (or if) it will come back?

–SolarSurfer

PanFan
11-27-2007, 07:42 PM
That's pretty cool. I never knew that. But do you know why the apple has been taken off of the pedestal or when (or if) it will come back?

–SolarSurfer

Sorry--no idea other than speculation that's been on the boards for the past few years. It's been gone since before I started working there.