PDA

View Full Version : A FastPass flub?

Bytebear
11-23-2007, 09:13 AM
Three of us went to the park yesterday with Deluxe passes paying for a black out day. Well, interesting thing, we ended up with two passes, the day black out and the deluxe pass. We discovered that two of us could use both passes for fastpass, but one person could not use their deluxe pass as it say "Pass was not used for admittance". Well, we ended up with an odd assortment of fastpasses as we tested the fastpass machines - we actually got messed up on Space Mountain when the ticket dropped to the floor, and we couldn't find it amongst al the other "Not a valid fastpass" tickets. Turns out we really didn't need the passes as the park was not that busy, but we couldn't figure out what was different between the three of us.

Nonamia
11-23-2007, 01:41 PM
I've done this before... When my friend and I bought blackout day tickets, they scanned it and our deluxe AP at the gate...we were both able to get a fastpass with both our blackout ticket and our AP pass! It was tons of fun. :cool:

Mermaid
11-23-2007, 04:13 PM
hmmmm that is interesting! The FP machines never like my AP. They always tell me it was not used for admission the first time I put it in. The second time it gives me a FP. I had let my AP expire between trips and my new card has the same problem. Since I always get one the second try, it is kind of a running joke!

HobbitFeet
11-24-2007, 01:18 AM
I got that message on what should have been a FP, on one day of our last trip. I didn't notice it for over an hour, so I don't know if it would have worked on a second try.

But it stressed me out, so I went to an Info desk guy, and after some very strained conversation where neither of us understood what the other was talking about, we finally figured out that he was telling me to take my AP to city hall, and that they would give me some sort of ticket to use in the FP machines for the day, so that I could get FPs. He called it a "Fast Pass ticket" (which was mystifying to me at first). I thought they would just run my "admission media" aka my AP through a turnstile again, but no, they just wanted to give me some sort of ticket to use in the machines.

I didn't have time at that moment, and actually never did do it b/c we didn't NEED any FPs (only one FP was needed during 6.5 days!), but it was good to know what the solution is.

disneyhound
11-24-2007, 06:23 AM
What is the price paid for a "blackout day"?

Mermaid
11-24-2007, 07:14 AM
$40

Leofoenget
11-24-2007, 11:18 AM
I ended up wiht a "fastpass ticket" once. A CM gave it to me. Can't remember why.

Nonamia
11-24-2007, 02:50 PM
When I first got my AP from the office they told me it would take an hour for it to work with the FP machines...but it didn't...it gave me the "wasn't used to get in" message....so I left the park and used it to "get in" and then it worked! :D

Computer glitch I guess? lol

samkj
11-24-2007, 06:11 PM
I was given a "fastpass ticket" just last week when my AP wouldn't work for fastpasses. The CM at the Indy FP area gave it to me. She said either my card wasn't scanned or was scanned twice which can cancel it out. I had given the CM at the gate all 5 APs for our family, so I can easily see that something like that happened.