PDA

View Full Version : Early Entry on New Year's Eve?

canadasunflower
11-23-2007, 06:51 AM
I know that Early Entry is available on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. New Year's Eve is a Monday, and New Year's Day is a Tuesday. Will EE be offered on those days?

If it is, I am planning on going NYE for early entry, to get as much as possible done in the first few hours, so we can go with the flow the rest of the day.

SportyTink
11-23-2007, 10:22 AM
Unfortunately I cannot speak to whether or not EE will be offered on NYE but as someone who has done NYE at the park a numerous amount of times (4 or 5) I would advise against doing EE even if it is offered. My experience with NYE is it is a VERY VERY long day as it is and this is coming from someone with a ton of energy and passion for the park and was going in my early-mid 20s. Even getting there at regular opening time 8AM, by about 6PM you are toast just because of the volume of people that are in the park that you may not be used to. Then, if memory serves (haven't done it in about 3 years), between about 6 and 8PM is when they start handing out the party favors which is typically a hat and some kind of noise maker that makes those last 4-6 hours even that much more draining because you have a ton of teenagers with noise makers running around.

Now that being said the park doesn't get very busy until after about 11AM so you definitely have about 3 hours from when the park opens to do a bunch of the things that you would want to get out of the way as it is. Plus after midnight there is a huge flood leaving the park and by 1230 or so the crowd has thinned out pretty good and it stays open until 2AM so you would still have that hour and a half on the backside (plus mainstreet stays open until a half hour past closing time for shopping) with a lighter crowd. Even the years that I got a hotel to be able to go back to for an hour around 11ish to get back in before they shut the gates around noonish we were still super worn out by 10PM.

Don't get me wrong, obviously it is an AWESOME, AMAZING experience (Obviously since I've done it so many times) but it is a very long day and I can't imagine getting up that much earlier and adding a couple of hours on the front side. Just my 2 pennies. GOOD LUCK and HAVE FUN!!!!

Malcon10t
11-23-2007, 10:25 AM
I don't think there will be EE on New Years Day. Considering the park "closes at 2" which means the park is cleared by 330am, I doubt they will have it all done by 8am. I would double check with Disneyland to make sure EE would be offered NYD.

Disney Daddy of 4
11-24-2007, 08:14 PM
I spoke to the ticket office today and at this point EE is a go. I too am planning on doing it with my 4 kids... It is a long day, but it's DL...:p

Mickey
11-25-2007, 12:38 AM
Im kind of sad im not spending new years at Disneyland for this 2007,

Ive been there on new years, for the past 4 years, and my cousins said that "ONE MORE" new years at the park would be madness, they are so over the "same music", the "same fireworks" that they are just through with Disneyland on new years.

We had an argument about the park and its activities on new years eve, (of course I was defending) and they say that Disneyland is so "non'-entertaining" that night that they dont offer anything but playing "disney remix cds" "disney party jams" " fantasmic" (which you can see any other day), and that the music in "Fantasy in the sky fireworks" at 12am is so from the past that show is not worth it , they will not tolerate the song "its a new day a new day a braaand new day" at 12am one more time, or the hosts on the castle saying "you are the first guest of 2008" they just get sick of even thinking of it.

I say : I LIKE IT!

im actually a fan and would love to spend time there again but I guess this year I won't have anyone to go with.

Anyone have these issues with friends or family?

:crying:

Tutter
11-25-2007, 05:51 AM
I will be in California for New Year's Eve - if I were to go to Disneyland to see the fireworks what time would I have to be there by in order to get in?

(If I turned up at 7pm would I get into the park?)