PDA

View Full Version : Aladdin's Oasis

Undertaker72
08-02-2002, 04:46 PM
I was wondering, is aladdin oasis any good? My sister says it is a good show. Was just curious.:)

Matterhorn Fan
08-02-2002, 05:33 PM
It's a pretty cute show.

disneynut
08-02-2002, 05:37 PM
I'll second that.

Nigel2
08-02-2002, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Undertaker72
I was wondering, is aladdin oasis any good? My sister says it is a good show. Was just curious.:)

Just to clarify (you never know) the show is no longer a dinner theater type show, it's now story telling. :)

cstephens
08-02-2002, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Undertaker72

Yep, I'd recommend it. I think it's a good combination of fun for the kids and fun for the adults. And the performers are really into it. We see the show on a periodic basis and just saw it again this past Sunday. Still a lot of fun. Part of it is interactive, involving the audience, especially little ones, and they're adorable to watch.

adriennek
08-03-2002, 12:02 AM
If you like this show, please see it soon. If you really like this show, please stop by City Hall and let them know.

The show has been budgeted through September but people who've never even seen it weren't funding it past September. (Yes, take out all the good shows-- let's make more ads for pizza restaurants in the resort...)

The show runs daily in the summer. The oasis always fills to capacity, so if you want to be sure to make a certain show, arrive about 15 minutes before show time. They start to fill the Oasis about 10 minutes before the show and sometimes they fill up so quickly that they start early.

It's a fun show-- there's a script but the actors have been known to improvise. They also interact with the audience. Both adults and children can appreciate the humor. I really could go on and on because I think this is a GREAT show.

I wrote about it in this column (http://www.mouseplanet.com/akrock/akrock20.htm) and there are photos of the show in the article.

Adrienne K

madamemortem
08-03-2002, 12:53 AM
:D I agree that the storytelling show at Aladdin's Oasis is quite entertaining (wish noise)
I was lucky enough to get to see the long lost dinner show that was there (still have the button they gave out ) Did anyone else get to see the dinner show? Why did they stop doing the dinner show, anyone know?

Trader Sam
08-03-2002, 01:34 PM
According to one of the actors in the show, it's leaving after Thanksgiving. The actors in the show are really nice and we talk backstage all the time. I've never seen the show, but it seems like it's really good, since it's pretty packed every show. I don't get why it needs to leave since Aladdin broadway style will be at the Hyperion this fall. Oh well, us JC Skipps will have a million dollar break room again. :)

Not Afraid
08-03-2002, 01:45 PM
I LOVE that Aladdin and Jasmine show.

Anything that I end of referencing bits in everyday speech has to be good.

Jafar - Ahhhhhhhh!

Wish Noise

Salam

boom bada boom bada boom badada

Plus, there's something for everyone there (if you know what I mean).

DUDE!

Pirate
08-03-2002, 04:54 PM
adriennek & all, thanx for these posts as Aladdin's is the only DL attraction I haven't done. I will see it soon.