PDA

View Full Version : ABC Primetime Preview Weekend ?????!!

kc2002
08-02-2002, 02:43 PM
I've have spent alot of time and energy (and money!) booking our (10 of us) exciting first trip to Disneyland for Aug. 22-24. Now I see here there is going to be an ABC special being filmed while we are there. I am a little concerned about how this is going to affect us as far as foot traffic problems, theatre performances and rides being closed, etc. throughout California Adventure while they are filming that day. Though seeing some of the "stars" will be kinda fun, my 4 and 9 year old could care less. I called Disneyland Guest Relations yesterday and they were unable (unwilling?) to tell me anything! Has anyone heard anything about how this is all going to take place that weekend? Any tips, comments, suggestions would be great! Thanks!

Traci
08-02-2002, 02:51 PM
If it helps you any, you might want to go to www.abc.com and check it out.

Unfortunately, there are going to be TONS of stars there that weekend, and I have a feeling it's going to be massively crowded. Start your day off at the crack of dawn on the 24th, cause you'll be dealing with lots of people.

Being an AP'er, I would love to attend that weekend, but to save myself stress, I will not go, cause I am not too good with the whole crowd thing. Maybe some good news is since this is all happening at DCA, Disneyland might be less crowded.

I hope this doesn't ruin your vacation. Have fun! :D

Traci
08-02-2002, 02:52 PM
As a side note.... I was at DCA during the ABC Super Soap Weekend, and that wasn't so bad.

Darkbeer
08-02-2002, 07:09 PM
Check out this thread.....

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8209

TimBuk2
08-20-2002, 08:11 PM
I'm looking forward to the ABC Primetime event this coming weekend.

Yes, it will be very crowded. My friend was at the Soap Stars event and she said you had to stand in line for a long time just to get to the table they were sitting at.

But I think this might be different by looking at their schedule of events. They are also doing a live taping of the Drew Carey show Who's Line is it Anyway. Looks like all of the theatres will be getting good use this time.

It's not a taping of a particular show, it's mainly stars doing a meet and greet, plus other fun stuff.

If you want to see what's happening there, check out this link:

http://abc.abcnews.go.com/primetime/previewweekend/schedule.html

EandCDad
08-20-2002, 09:28 PM
kc2002, If you are gonna be there three days why not go to DCA on either the 22nd or 23rd and go to DL on the 24th. My recommendation is to go to DL on the 22nd and 24th and DCA on the 23rd, then you will miss the ABC Stars weekend event on the 24th. Its at DCA only, not Disneyland.

Also, as was mentioned, start each day at the earliest opening time (probably 8am), that is, be inside the park at that time. Don't be walking up to the park or getting a bagel, be inside the park and then you can head to your favorite rides when the rope drops in Disneyland. This is especially true for getting your 4 year old on Fantasyland rides, ride Peter Pan and Dumbo (if they are wanting to ride those) FIRST. Everything else can wait. Ride those first, if you come back later in the day, you will be waiting and waiting.

Have fun and let us know how you did. Post anymore specific questions here, people love to help.