PDA

View Full Version : New show in Flik's Fun Fair

DisneylandBoy
08-02-2002, 01:59 PM
I was looking through Backstage West today (an actor's trade newspaper) and saw the following audition notice:

AUDITIONS: UGLY BUG BALL featuring Madame Butterfly

"Character Singer and strong actor with great comedic timing and good movement. She is a delightful dance teacher who is charming, funny, encouraging and maternal. Once a big star on Bug-Way, performing hit shows on dircared TV dinner trays, she has opened her own studio, where she can share her talents wil little grubs and mites. She is accompanied by a one-bug-band as she belts out Bug-Way standards."

Looks like it might be a good show. Also, for anyone interested in auditioning, here is the info:

Alto range: A below middle C to middle C
Auditions Tuesday, August 6 at 11:00 am (sign-in begins at 10:30) at Disneyland Resort Rehearsal Hall. Must be at least 18 years of age or older. For more info call (714) 781 - 0111.

DisneylandBoy
08-02-2002, 02:20 PM
Just found out that FFF opens on Friday, October 4! Yay!

Sailor Butterfly
08-02-2002, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by DisneylandBoy
Alto range: A below middle C to middle C

Okay, I haven't played the piano in a long time, but isn't that a range of only 3 notes??

DisneylandBoy
08-02-2002, 02:38 PM
Well, if you count sharps and flats, it's a range of 4 notes. Um . . . interesting.

Matterhorn Fan
08-02-2002, 05:39 PM
Alto range: A below middle C to middle CI assumed this meant "a person who can sing in the range below middle C to middle C."

Or maybe you're right, and this part only has to sing 4 notes. Either way, it's poorly written.

The musician's version of "Who's on first?":

--"What key is this piece in?"
--"A Minor"
--"Well, yeah, but which minor?"

:rolleyes:

Uncle Dick
08-03-2002, 12:34 AM
Can we hope to hear the fabulous "Ugly Bug Ball" from Summer Magic in this new production? Or is it not considered a "Bug-Way" standard? :rolleyes: At any rate, it would be a great way to interest adults in an otherwise kid-oriented land.

Sheila
08-03-2002, 12:42 AM
I suppose I'm the only one picturing Michael Hurst in this role....

I guess it's a Hercules/Xena thing.... ;)

Sheila

SueKruse
08-03-2002, 08:56 PM
I was looking through Backstage West today (an actor's trade newspaper) and saw the following audition notice:

Looks like it might be a good show. Also, for anyone interested in auditioning, here is the info:

I've seen concept drawings for the show and had it thoroughly described. I can't tell you anything about what I saw or heard (due to the signing of an NDA), but I can tell you it looked pretty entertaining to me.

Oh, and Disneyland Boy? I think Sutton's pretty darned entertaining too. So glad she won the Tony! (and Harriet too--Skillful mime and brilliant laundrycartess). ;)

Sue

Morrigoon
08-03-2002, 09:02 PM
I would *SO* like to audition for that!

But alas... this madame butterfly (uhh.. do they realize what they're comparing her to?) is going to be on Kaanapali Beach that day!