PDA

View Full Version : Indy Sea Plane

Mr. D. Duck
08-02-2002, 12:25 PM
I found this "prop" (http://www.mouseplanet.com/tokyo/tdstour/Indyseaplane.jpg) pretty neat:
(for those of you who don't know what it is, it is a sea plane outside of the Indiana Jones ride @ TDS.)

Couldn't Disneyland easily put one of these near the Jungle Cruise? I think this would really add to the Indy theming!

MonorailMan
08-02-2002, 04:03 PM
I love the "C-3PO" Lucas' SW tie-in. :)

JeffG
08-02-2002, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by MonorailMan
I love the "C-3PO" Lucas' SW tie-in. :)

That is actually from the movie. It was the serial number on the plane in "Raiders of the Lost Ark" as well.

-Jeff

Nigel2
08-02-2002, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Mr. D. Duck

Couldn't Disneyland easily put one of these near the Jungle Cruise? I think this would really add to the Indy theming!

Ummmmm... I will probably say no since there realy isn't any room right there (even on the water). But we have an actual movie prop right at the enterance to the attraction. (That truck is supposedly from Raiders).

Kuzcotopia
08-02-2002, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by JeffG

That is actually from the movie. It was the serial number on the plane in "Raiders of the Lost Ark" as well.

-Jeff

Close. It was OB-CPO in the movie.

Here's a link to a screen-grab:

http://www.indygear.com/props/images/Jock2.jpg

I'd rather it be one that said OB-CPO.

And I agree, they don't have room!

Ace
08-04-2002, 08:48 PM
I think the plane should EXPLODE IN A BURST OF FLAME AND MAYHEM AND THEN COME TO REAT INCHES FROM THE BOAT ONLY TO DO IT AGAIN IN TEN SECONDS!!

innerSpaceman
08-04-2002, 09:18 PM
I think they should suspend the seaplane from above the area where the the queue first starts. It has always amazed me that they built a great wienie for this ride (the pyramid-like temple) that is completely invisible and thus unable to function as a wienie. Not that this ride is suffering from a lack of interest, but the "front" of the ride that's visible from walking thru Adventureland should, imo, have more of a punch.

And yes, the plane should read "OB-CPO." The C-3PO call letters, besides being inaccurate, are just too corny. (And yes, the plane should explode every ten seconds).

Nigel2
08-04-2002, 10:00 PM
Well they probably want to keep the front as realistic as possible since all the FP stuff killed some of the realisim. But what makes me wonder is why indy doesn't have a boat or something docked outside? :)

The Jazzman
08-05-2002, 12:28 AM
Maybe it could swoop down like a crop duster over the hippo pool in JC and spray Hippo Retardent Foam, ya know, since the skippers keep "forgetting" their guns lately...;) :D

JeffG
08-05-2002, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Kuzcotopia

Close. It was OB-CPO in the movie.

Of course you are right. It has been a while since I've seen the film (I wish they would put it out on DVD...) and remembered that the call number referenced C3PO somehow, but didn't recall the exact variation. I just mistakenly assumed the one at TDS was an accurate reproduction.

-Jeff