PDA

View Full Version : Package Check Service

EpcotMex
08-02-2002, 10:52 AM
I read this in Disneyland.com, tips section.

"When purchasing items, take advantage of our Package Check Service and keep your hands free all day. Check your packages at the Main Entrance at the Newsstand and pick them up as you exit the Park. "

Questions:

Where exactly is this Newsstand located? Is there one for DL and other for DCA, or this is a place between the parks?
Is there a service of delivering your purchases directly from the stores to this place, or you have to carry them to that place?

AVP
08-02-2002, 11:26 AM
The old Package Express service has been replaced with Package Check. You now get to carry your own packages to the front of Disneyland or DCA to check them until you leave.

At Disneyland, the Newstand is located *just* inside the park, on the west side of the main gates. At DCA, you check your packages at Greetings from California, the store inside the park, on the east side of the main entrance.

If you are staying at a resort hotel, you can have your packages sent to your hotel, where you can claim them the next day.

AVP

marron-cream
08-03-2002, 02:02 AM
They're also starting Package Check at Pioneer Mercantile and the Star Trader, I think. Or maybe it was Premiere? One of the two. There are only so many shops in Tomorrowland.

Uncle Dick
08-03-2002, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by marron-cream
They're also starting Package Check at Pioneer Mercantile and the Star Trader, I think. Or maybe it was Premiere? One of the two. There are only so many shops in Tomorrowland.
Beginning Sunday, Package Check will be available at the Mercantile and the Premiere Shop.

DwoernAdale
08-03-2002, 02:40 AM
I made purchases in the NOS Gallerey and DTD's World of Disney on Sunday the 28th. I left all of my packages at Disneylands Newsstand. As did others with me.

We expected to have to re-enter the park to retrieve our packages. Nope. Approached the newsstand from the Esplande side, produced our tickets, and were on our way.

I would suggest leaving packages there simply because they have later hours, and have counters inside and outside the parks.

~DW