PDA

View Full Version : Recommended & not recommended restaurants in Disneyland

nana2002
08-02-2002, 03:22 AM
Recommended & not recommended restaurants in Disneyland, I mean with prices, how clean there is and so on

Disneyfan&mom
08-02-2002, 04:52 AM
We ate at the Carnation Cafe one day (on Main Street) and the food was delicious. Long line up for a table though.
Outside the park, there was only one place we had a bad experience. It was at Tiffy's restaurant next to our hotel on Katella at ...West St? (or was it Disneyland Drive?) anyway, the restaurant was dirty and the food was ...not very good. They have delicious homemade ice cream though. I think they should stick to that!
We ate a few times at Cocos which is a major chain but had yummy food, clean and friendly atmosphere. These are family restaurants. I went with kids so didn't really get the chance to enjoy any 'real' restaurants.

hbquikcomjamesl
08-02-2002, 07:30 AM
The "Hollywood & Dine" food court didn't do much for me, but I can't, off the top of my head, think of any other in-park restaurants I've eaten at that I didn't like.

My favorites would have to be the Blue Bayou in DL, and the Soap Opera Bistro in DCA. (Please note that the entertainment in SOB isn't just for soap opera lovers.)

I also like the French Market and the River Belle (especially for breakfast), and the Plaza Inn (but it was much better when it was Buffeteria-style). I occasionally also eat at the Tomorrowland Terrace, the Hungry Bear, or the Village Haus, but that's kind of rare.

disneynut
08-02-2002, 10:38 AM
We haven't eaten at the Village Haus in FL (I think that's the name of the restaurant) in years because the food was horrible the last time we were there. Last week when we were at DCA we ate at Taste Pilot's. After telling the people we were with how good it was and making a point of eating there (they'd never eaten there before) two of our party ended up getting sick from the food. Usually, I enjoy this place but it was just plain bad last week.
We like eating at Redd Rockets at DL and we love Rancho del Zocalo. Redd Rockets has great pasta, about $8.00/plate though, but there is plenty to share between two people. Rancho has good Mexican and BBQ, a little more than Redd Rockets but really good food.

blusilva
08-02-2002, 11:01 AM
Highly recommended: Carnation Cafe, Plaza Inn, Redd Rocketts, Soap Opera Bistro

Not recommended: Cafe Orleans (food is overpriced, selection is poor, staff is surly and tables are never clean. Eat at the French Market or River Belle if you need to eat over in that neck of the woods.)

AVP
08-02-2002, 11:20 AM
Nana2002, you can also find good advice our new Review System. (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/find.cgi)

When you get back from your trip, don't forget to add your own reviews to the system so everyone can find them! :D

AVP

Cooie
08-02-2002, 11:53 AM
I love, love, love Carnation for breakfast. Love it! Mouse Waffles and the Cafe Scramble... mmmmm! Prices are good, service is great.

For lunch/dinner, my faves are French Market (though I think the lunch menu is better than the dinner offerings), Rancho Del Zocalo and Blue Bayou, all of which are a little pricier, but worth it. IMHO, there's few places you can go wrong for food at DL.

Grandbreaker
08-02-2002, 04:37 PM
and on the cm side bungalow grill and DRC cast cafe stay away from inn between

Brat
08-02-2002, 07:39 PM
Outside the park, there was only one place we had a bad experience. It was at Tiffy's restaurant next to our hotel on Katella at ...West St? (or was it Disneyland Drive?) anyway, the restaurant was dirty and the food was ...not very good. They have delicious homemade ice cream though. I think they should stick to that!

We have had just the opposite. We make it a point to eat at Tiffy's on every trip, sometimes every day for breakfast because we love it so much. That's a lot of Tiffy's after 4 years, and we have NEVER had a bad experience there. We usually even have the same server, but for the life of me, I can't remember her name... anyway, she's wonderfull. She calls my son by name, and he hugs her the first time he sees hor on each visit.
Am I babbling now? Sorry, you know those pregnancy hormones...

cstephens
08-02-2002, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by blusilva
Not recommended: Cafe Orleans (food is overpriced, selection is poor,

I completely agree. I used to love Cafe Orleans because they had one of my favorite foods at the park - cajun chicken caesar salad. Very tasty. Then they changed the menu a while ago and now there's absolutely no reason for me or my husband to eat there as they took away the stuff he liked as well. And the things on the menu now don't sound good to me at all.

I still really miss Casa...

Uncle Dick
08-03-2002, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by Grandbreaker
and on the cm side bungalow grill and DRC cast cafe stay away from inn between
Mmmmm... I love the Bungalow Grill! bluepearl doesn't seem to be too fond of it though. Something about the food being too greasy. I've always considered that a "plus". :D

I had the pasta for the first time at the Plaza Inn this evening, and it was wonderful. With a drink and CM discount, it came out to $10. Unfortunately, the tables we sat at (all 6 of them) weren't especially clean. About half of them didn't appear to be wiped down and there were plenty of crumbs on the "clean" ones.

I tend to enjoy the pizza at R2P2. The Mousepad crew likes to split a couple of whole pizzas (about $28 each, before discount). They can easily feed 4-5 people. The tables there tend to be a bit messy (and hard to find if the lower outdoor dining section is closed) but it's easy enough to snag a CM with a washrag to clean off an eating area.

Terri Pix
08-04-2002, 07:13 PM
Disneynut...I ate there last week and was sicker than a dog for the whole day!! Ask me where all the rest rooms are at DCA and I can tell you!!!

We like the Plaza Inn for it's fried chicken and the pasta. It is "over" air-conditioned and feels so nice on a hot day.

HBTiggerFan
08-04-2002, 08:21 PM
I'll eat there (Plaza Inn) when the rest of the MPers want to, but I won't go on my own. IMHO the selection is to limited and waaaay over priced. They have a cobb salad, pot roast, chicken and pasta. Its good, but to slim a selection. I prefer Cafe Orleans and their slim selection (which includes soup, salad, sandwiches and other stuff) to a place with 4 items.

Grandbreaker
08-04-2002, 08:53 PM
Which is better Westside Dinner or Inn Between I work hotels so I goto Bungalow Grill

JeffG
08-05-2002, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Terri Pix
Disneynut...I ate there last week and was sicker than a dog for the whole day!! Ask me where all the rest rooms are at DCA and I can tell you!!!

You probably either had a stomach virus or food poisoning from something you had eaten long before you arrived at DCA. When people get sick like that, it is a common instinct to blame the most recent food that you ate, but it is >very< unlikely that is the real cause. Most common forms of food poisoning start to show symptoms a day or more after injestion of the tainted food.

-Jeff

scottmen
08-05-2002, 12:24 PM
You know I really don't have that good of luck anywhere at DL. I mean most the time the food is just good. It’s way overpriced, which I have come to expect from the park. But when I really think about it I don't think the food is that good. The pizza port is ok, but come on the prices are kind of high. The clam chowder bowls are good, but they should really be called bread bowls with a little chowder. Now it’s been a real long time since I have eaten at the Blue Bayou so I can't comment on that. I really have thought about the fact that would I eat at these places if it wasn't at Disneyland? And the answer is no, most of the time probably not. Now I go to Disneyland a couple times a month and to drop $30 on dinner between my girlfriend and I on just something to quench our hunger was getting a little ridiculous, so we rarely go and have dinner in the parks anymore.

Scott

hefferdude
08-05-2002, 01:34 PM
Mrs. HD and I like Redd's for a quick lunch. We split
a slice of cheeze pizza - a caesar salad - and a
couple of large ice teas and we're ready to go.
AND French Market has been good for dinner. Not
terribly fancy or anything, but much better than
burgers and fries. Like the jazz trio if they are
playing. Good people watching spot.
AND Gibson Girl Ice Cream Sundae from the front
window during a parade.
Teri Pix should study "Happiest Potties" before
going to DLR next time.:D

disneynut
08-05-2002, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Terri Pix

That's the same thing that happened to two of our party. I don't know if the food was bad or if they were cooking it differently or what. But it looked and tasted just plain nasty. Like I said we usually enjoy that place but something was off last week.

merlinjones
08-05-2002, 07:51 PM
Just remember... fries come with the burger!

Terri Pix
08-05-2002, 09:32 PM
Hehe!! I had the "new" chicken burger. Something was not quite right!! But I did learn where ALL the rest rooms are!!