PDA

View Full Version : Character Closeup in DCA

ktrm
11-18-2007, 09:29 PM
Just came back from DL and wanted to let everyone know of a new display in the Animation Building in DCA called Character Closeup. It just opened. Don't want to give too much away but it has a Toy Story display of how animation is done which is absolutely fascinating. My children and I were in there for about 15 minutes just trying to figure it out. I consider it a not to be missed item.

cstephens
11-18-2007, 09:32 PM
Are you talking about the zoetrope, in the room where the maquettes are? That's been in there for a couple of weeks, but I agree, it's incredible. We stood watching it for quite some time.

ktrm
11-18-2007, 09:34 PM
Yes. My family and I really enjoyed it. The new Snow White drawing display was also nice for fans of the movie. I always like when I go somewhere in the park expecting the familiar and discover something new.

Darkbeer
11-18-2007, 09:46 PM
As mentioned above, the Zoetrope has been around for a short while now.

The 70th Anniversary Snow White exhibit, which basically takes over the center section, including all the projection screens and main music, opened to the public Saturday, and is a great thing to check out (Photos are at the link below).

stan4d_steph
11-19-2007, 07:47 AM
The zoetrope was created for the Pixar anniversary exhibit, which was traveling around to art museums. I saw it at MoMA in NYC. It really is very cool.