PDA

View Full Version : Just got back with tips/thanks!

Disneyfan&mom
08-01-2002, 02:32 PM
Just wanted to check in here and leave a message for all of you who have given such wonderful information. My kids and I just returned from our week in Anaheim and had a blast!
The information I collected from this message board made our visit so much better and helped me out so much- thanks!!
I thought I would try to pass along a few things I learned on the trip, although they may have been mentioned before.

-I found out there is a bus which picks up at the Anaheim Resort Transport stops, that takes shoppers to the Santa Ana Main Place Mall.
I wasn't aware of this and went driving all over looking for a mall when I had a car for 2 days. Next time I'll take the bus. I believe it's free for riders with an ART pass.
- When we arrived, we took a taxi to a grocery store ($8 each way!!) next time I would find a shop somewhere on the ART line and take the shuttle back and forth. At the time I didn't realize I could take ANY shuttle with the pass, not just to DL.
- While food shopping the first day, next time I will stock up on snacks to pack in a bag for taking to the park, like cereal bars, etc. The DL park snacks nearly broke me...$2.50 for a churro, $3 for popcorn! -yikes!
- Don't bother with the airport shuttles if you have 3 or more in your party. Taxi from Anaheim to the John Wayne airport is about $35 and the shuttle is per person pricing...

Most of all...
DON'T MISS....the show at California Adventure called "The Power Of Blast" It was absolutely amazing and wonderful. I'd love to see the entire production if I get the chance. The kids loved it too!

Ghoulish Delight
08-01-2002, 04:07 PM
Don't know if you got any advice from me directly, but as a representative of the community as a whole...I'm glad we could help :D

And thank YOU for the ART tips. It's spankin' new, so most of us (especially the locals who don't really need it) are clueless about it. I'm sure your insights will help someone else along the lines.

Yes, Blast! is awsome. Sadly, it is leaving in September, possibly never to return :( Guess I'll have to spring for a full priced ticket to see that actual tour show if I want to get my fix again.

HBTiggerFan
08-01-2002, 05:39 PM
Are you going to write a trip report for Brian? On the mouseplanet home page you can find out how to do that. THere are alot of reports for WDW but not many for DL.

Glad you had fun!!!!

stinkerbell
08-01-2002, 06:37 PM
I was going to look into ART as well. I need to find Krispy Kremes and fish tacos on this visit in October, but I will have no car. I had forgotten about it. Thanks for your reminder! :)

PXSgeek
08-01-2002, 07:43 PM
just a tip to those who think they will miss Blast! at DCA.
just like me:D get the dvd!:D :D

Disneyfan&mom
08-02-2002, 04:45 AM
Just thought I'd add a few more things about ART. First, the drivers were (mostly) wonderful! Full of great info and jokes:-) One used to be a tram driver in the old parking lot and he had some cute stories to tell. A couple were school bus drivers in the school season.

For Stinkerbell: We were given the ART passes by our hotel when we checked in (We stayed at the Anabella) but one driver told me some of the hotels are selling the passes. I don't know how much they are charging, but worth checking into ahead of time I'd think.

By the way- I recommend the Anabella Hotel (located next to the Anaheim Convention Center on Katella) We had a wonderful stay there and everyone was very nice. Very clean with great pools and comfortable home-like rooms. We would definitely go back, unless we get the chance to stay at one of the Disney properties...

AVP
08-02-2002, 11:28 AM
I'm glad you had a good trip, and I'm really glad the MousePadders were able to give you some tips. Don't forget to post your Hotel and Restaurant reviews on our New System (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/find.cgi), to share you expereiences with other trip planners.

AVP