PDA

View Full Version : Just Plain Mark and Zippy

TecTalker2K
08-01-2002, 12:56 PM
Located in Disneyland were a pair of crazy radio personalities that apeared on Radio Disney. All of a sudden, they disapeared and I was curious as to what happened to them them and where they are now. Anyone know?

Grandbreaker
08-01-2002, 02:19 PM
Think there are doing radio in Baker CA

Just Kidding I have no idea sorry do a google on them

MonorailMan
08-01-2002, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Grandbreaker
Just Kidding I have no idea sorry do a google on them

Fine, I did a Google (http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&q=%22Mark+And+Zippy%22) on them, happy? :D

Nigel2
08-01-2002, 09:23 PM
Didn't someone say that the guy in the booth now isn't real kid friendly?

MonorailMan
08-02-2002, 06:40 AM
Your right Nigel!

It was Al's update here! (http://www.mouseplanet.com/archive/update39.htm)

Mansion Man
08-02-2002, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by TecTalker2K
Located in Disneyland were a pair of crazy radio personalities that apeared on Radio Disney. All of a sudden, they disapeared and I was curious as to what happened to them them and where they are now. Anyone know?

I heard somewhere that when their contract was up, they rightly attempted to get more $ (as their numbers were very good), Disney decided not to renew and brought in a cheaper replacement (sound familiar??). I don't know where they landed...

:crying:

TecTalker2K
08-02-2002, 09:04 AM
It really is too bad, I use to listen to them all the time. they truly were great on air personalities. I guess this is just another one of Disney's (or should I say ABC Radio) screw ups.

RStar
08-02-2002, 09:35 AM
My son and I got to know them pretty well and spent many afternoons in the "Club House" with them, but while my wife got sick and was in the hospital we hadn't visited for a while. Then suddenly they were gone. Mary (the studio manager) said they moved back to their home towns, and if they are doing radio at all it would not be together. I don't know if that means that their relationship had problems or not. If it did, it didn't show while they were there. I know mark grumbled to me one day that he wished he was back in the "Rock&Roll" field with girls "Of Age". Mary indicated that they wanted to go home....

I wish I could get a hold of them one last time, they were great guys. The treated the kids with dignity, and my son like he was a worthy person.