PDA

View Full Version : AP Processing in DCA?

Toocherie
11-15-2007, 07:50 AM
Adrienne posted a picture of the AP processing center in DCA--I didn't know there was one (thought you had to go to the bank at Disneyland instead). could someone confirm that there is one and if so tell me where it is and is it open the same hours that DCA is open?

thanks!

gtpinoy
11-15-2007, 08:43 AM
When I renewed my PAP, after paying at the ticket booth I was told to go DCA (I was expecting to go to DL). There they had my PAP filed under my last name in little card boxes.

It is located to your left right when you enter DCA, before the Under the Sun store. It's tucked in there, so you don't see it right away. As far as I understand, they are open the same hours as DCA is.

Bytebear
11-15-2007, 09:08 AM
As far as I know, you have to have your photo taken at the Disneyland Bank, but if you are renewing (even after expiring) and don't need your photo taken, they print it up at DCA.

DangerMouse
11-15-2007, 10:51 AM
What if I want to upgrade my hopper to an AP, and haven't been a APer for just over a year? Will they still have my photo on file? I would love to avoid the lines at the bank in DL and have this taken care of in DCA.

Darkbeer
11-15-2007, 12:05 PM
The DCA center is just a place to pick up AP's.

They do not have cameras and cannot handle money.

Basically if you go up to any ticket window and try to buy a new AP, or renew one, and they have your photo on file, the Cashier will print out a special ticket that requires you to enter DCA, and ONLY DCA, and at the same time, the computer also sends a request to the special AP printer at DCA. By the time you walk to the entrance, and get past the turnstile (it requires the CM to manually enter the voucher number into the turnstile computer), the AP should be printed, and waiting at the desk.

If you show up after DCA is closed, then you are sent to the Bank of Main Street, where they will print out the AP while you wait.

THpoohbear
11-15-2007, 12:39 PM
Just to throw out another option... last year DH and I went to Guest Services (to the left of the DL entrance gates), and there we paid to renew our pass and they printed off the APs right then and there. They said we'd have to go to DL if we wanted a new pic, but choose to go with the old one to save some time. It's a one stop AP shop!

THpoohbear
11-15-2007, 12:41 PM
What if I want to upgrade my hopper to an AP, and haven't been a APer for just over a year? Will they still have my photo on file? I would love to avoid the lines at the bank in DL and have this taken care of in DCA.

I bet you could do this at guest services. I think they keep your photo on file for two years since your last pass expired. If I were you, I'd check their first since they can handle money AND print out APs.

Bytebear
11-15-2007, 01:47 PM

Yes, they still have your photo, but you have to pay for it somewhere, and let them know you are there to pick it up. Just go to a ticket booth or guest relations and they will give you a temporary pass to get you into the gates of DCA, and by the time you walk to guest relations, they wil have printed out your pass. There is never a line at that counter.

Malcon10t
11-15-2007, 02:56 PM
The DCA center is just a place to pick up AP's.

They do not have cameras and cannot handle money.Just to verify, is this just to the left (inside) of the turnstiles? If it is, I have upgraded and used cash there. I paid the difference between a 1 and 2 day hopper there and had the hopper upgraded (this was in July.) Was this a different place? (They don't have cameras.)

Darkbeer
11-15-2007, 03:17 PM
There is Guest Relations, which is the first stop at the Left side, they handle money and can do anything that City Hall can do, such as foreign exchange and upgrading tickets.

Next door (a small area between Guest Relations and Greeting from California store is a small area, that originally was Lost and Found, until the combined the 2 parks and made one area just outside of DCA) is the AP Redemption Center, and it called that for a reason, it is a place to redeem the vouchers that you bought at the Ticket Windows and exchange it for the actual Plastic AP.

Toocherie
11-15-2007, 03:27 PM
Next door (a small area between Guest Relations and Greeting from California store is a small area, that originally was Lost and Found, until the combined the 2 parks and made one area just outside of DCA) is the AP Redemption Center, and it called that for a reason, it is a place to redeem the vouchers that you bought at the Ticket Windows and exchange it for the actual Plastic AP.

So, do they give you a plastic card without the picture? And then you can add that later in the Disneyland center? I am just asking because going with Mom on Sunday/Monday, she has mobility issues and we are planning to do DCA the first day (because of crowds) and Disneyland the second day--I was trying to avoid having to go to the Bank in Disneyland on Sunday and do that when we go to Disneyland on Monday. So, original thought was to buy a two-day Parkhopper and then get her the AP on the second day--but if we could get the AP in DCA (with less of a line) I would prefer to do that.

Darkbeer
11-15-2007, 03:36 PM
So, do they give you a plastic card without the picture? And then you can add that later in the Disneyland center? I am just asking because going with Mom on Sunday/Monday, she has mobility issues and we are planning to do DCA the first day (because of crowds) and Disneyland the second day--I was trying to avoid having to go to the Bank in Disneyland on Sunday and do that when we go to Disneyland on Monday. So, original thought was to buy a two-day Parkhopper and then get her the AP on the second day--but if we could get the AP in DCA (with less of a line) I would prefer to do that.

No, this "Redemption Center" is only for those folks who have a picture on file, and bought their voucher at the Main Ticket Windows.

I recommend the ParkHopper way, so you can avoid the need to visit the bank until the second day.

Toocherie
11-15-2007, 03:51 PM
Great! That's what I will do! (will be doing on-line tomorrow and printing out--did it before and it worked great) Thanks!

Mermaid
11-16-2007, 09:17 AM
I have done mine the PH way twice and will be doing it that way for my bf in three weeks. I like it because after I have used EE I can just look at the bank everytime I walk by and I stop when the line is short. It has always worked for me!