PDA

View Full Version : Right after opening, or just before closing?

Pages : [1] 2

River Belle
11-15-2007, 12:41 AM
When would you rather be at the park?

Disneyland after dark is my absolute favorite time to be at the park.
I love the lights, the dwindling crowds, the quiet "happily ever after" energy of the place, but I'm guessing there are some early birds out there who may disagree with this night-owl.;)

emmah
11-15-2007, 01:11 AM
i'm in the early bird camp; i love it first thing in the morning, when you get a sense of a town just starting to wake up, plus the excitement of the count-down and the announcement that the park is now open - its all so exciting.

oregontraveler
11-15-2007, 03:36 AM
I'm an early-bird by nature, but I would rather be in the park at night
feeding off the day's energy. Like you said.

disneyroxxx
11-15-2007, 03:46 AM
I like the morning, although Disneyland at night is truly wonderful.

In the morning, the excitement is just much stronger for me.

bloodnswash
11-15-2007, 05:13 AM
I like first thing in the morning. The park just seems to have such a special feel to it at that time of the day.

Also, the people that are at the park first thing in the morning aren't too cranky.......yet. ;) So that definitely helps make that time so much more enjoyable.

CV12Pirate
11-15-2007, 06:24 AM
Definatly a morning person. My thing is to get up for EE, stay in till liunch then go take a nap. Get up again and it's like a second morning only it's evening and the lights are just coming on. Dinner at RBT and fun till closing.

After closing go back to sleep more then get up and do it all over again.

olegc
11-15-2007, 07:12 AM
busy days? 1st thing in the morning...

Slow days? end of the day. closing definitely. The quiet with all the lights is amazing.. and try to stay REALLY long until they politely start to usher you out. That is when it's a "magic" feel for me.

mommy-san
11-15-2007, 07:13 AM
Night- ride Dumbo last thing at night and you will see things in a whole new way. The park is emptying out, the musics loud and the lights are twinkling. Ahhh I can't wait.

Bytebear
11-15-2007, 09:21 AM
I am a night owl. I never hit the park before 11 (but as a local, I don't have to fit it all in). I love the park after the fireworks when the majority of the crowds have left. It is wonderful wandering through the park in the dark with no one around. I especially love Adventureland when the park is dead. I love going on Jungle Cruise with no one in line!

Mrs Mouse
11-15-2007, 10:22 AM
Both!

Early morning and late at night are my two favorite times to be in the park. I love being there right after opening, when it's still relatively cool out and Main Street is empty. It's great to be there when the park is just waking up. But I also love it right before closing, with the music and the twinkling lights - it's just beautiful! IMO, any time is a good time to be at DL! :)

Wobble
11-15-2007, 12:01 PM
I would be happy to be in the park at any time. ;)

but I do really love the park at night.

itig
11-15-2007, 01:19 PM
Both!

Early morning and late at night are my two favorite times to be in the park. I love being there right after opening, when it's still relatively cool out and Main Street is empty. It's great to be there when the park is just waking up. But I also love it right before closing, with the music and the twinkling lights - it's just beautiful! IMO, any time is a good time to be at DL! :)

What she said :)

dawnid
11-15-2007, 01:44 PM
If I chose between EE or late night its a tie. Not being a morning person, if I can't do EE I like nights best.

Mickeygirlforever
11-15-2007, 01:53 PM
Well, the crowds are a little lighter in the morning but I prefer the night. After the sun goes down, everything is a little more magical (especially during the holidays!!!). I always insist that we eat at Rancho at night with the flickering lanterns, the lazy music, and BT in the background. Leaving in 2 days!!!!

River Belle
11-15-2007, 02:30 PM
I always insist that we eat at Rancho at night with the flickering lanterns, the lazy music, and BT in the background. Leaving in 2 days!!!!

This is one of my favorite evening rituals, too!:) Have a great time!

princessy777
11-15-2007, 02:34 PM
I love the evenings. My six year old neice likes to swing dance with me over near the castle where the big band music is played. We get cocoa on main street and ride the materhorn with no line.

What is funny is the really young kids at that time. They are passed out in strollers or in a parents arms. You can still make out traces of lolipops and chocolate around the mouth but the sugar high is gone and they've crashed! If they wake they either try valiantly to "look alive" so they won't have to leave or they are just all out cranky! I find it so cute. Yep no kids yet.

partyof5
11-15-2007, 03:37 PM
I love Disneyland at night! When the sun goes down and all of the twinkling lights come on I feel like a little kid again. It's just magical! We leave soon for DL I can't wait to see the castle and all of the Christmas decorations at night.

potzbie
11-15-2007, 09:21 PM
For the swing bands at the Carnation Gardens Plaza and for the rock bands on the Tomorrowland stage, you'll have to go at 7:00 p.m.

For Billy Hill and the Hillbillies, the Dapper Dans, the Trashcan Trio, you'll have to hit Disneyland in the daylight hours. Likewise for the Disneyland Band, which has even more-limited hours indeed.

The piano player at Refreshment Corner goes to closing, so both day and night is good.

The photo op meet-and-greets are purely DAYTIME activities. -- So "no princess for you" if you get to DL after, say, 5:00 p.m.

No Mark Twain and no Columbia, no Indian canoes, and no Tom Sawyer's Island, after dusk, you know!

So, your choice. What are you willing to MISS OUT ON?

mgg1234
11-16-2007, 07:38 PM
I love night! Years ago my dad worked for IBM and each year they would have a private night in Disneyland. It was always the first Friday in November, and it was only from 6 p.m. until midnight. We would crowd as much into those six hours as we could and it was always so exciting to be in the magical sparkly park. I had been to Disneyland about 10 times before I ever saw it in the daytime. There are some great things to do and see during the day, but night, with all the lights, is still my favorite time.

DisneyJenn
11-17-2007, 09:43 AM
Am I allowed to say both? I just can't decide. The air just feels so fresh in the morning when you are at DLR. What a way to start a day! You just know it's not possible to have a bad day and all the problems that you are having are put aside for a day. You see all the happy people and know you've truly just entered the happiest place on earth.

And night... the park is so amazing at night. You've just watched the fireworks and/or Fantasmic or gone on a dozen rides because everyone else stopped to watch. I especially love it around the holidays when it's decorated.

I do have to admit that the worst part of the day is when you have to start walking out of the park because it's closing. I find myself walking super slow and trying to take everything in as though it's the last time I am ever going to see it -- even if I am coming back the next day.

disneyperson
11-17-2007, 11:25 AM
Night time.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
11-17-2007, 01:08 PM
I agree with the feelings the OP has about the park. HOWEVER, I get a sad feeling too, knowing that my day at the park is almost over, especially if it is the last day of our trip. So for THAT reason only, I prefer the mornings.

tod
11-17-2007, 03:22 PM
Right after opening.

The sun is shining bright, the streets are still wet from their early-morning hosing. Main Street is full of freshly-stocked merchandise and freshly-clocked-in Cast Members who haven't had their goodwill battered by the rude and unpleasant guests who inevitably turn up. It's easy to shop and easy to find a locker to stow stuff in.

The band often plays in the mornings in Town Square.

If you head into the park, the lands are uncrowded, the ride vehicles cheerfully clicking their way through ride cycles as Cast Members push the flashing buttons on their control consoles.

There are pleasures to be had in toddling up a dark deserted Main Street as the soundtrack plays "After The Ball"... but I'll take mornings any time.

--t

TTFN92
11-17-2007, 03:28 PM
Both. I am not a morning person but I am when we are at Dis. I also love it at night. There's something special about walking around in the dark, with the cool, damp night air that only S. Ca. has, bundled up in a jacket. I love it! It even smells good! I love to ride the Matterhorn in the dark too. So, while I love both, if I had to choose, I would choose night. :)

A Touch of Destiny
11-17-2007, 11:40 PM
Definitely Night! It is so magical then- My mother and I have fond memories of Disneyland evenings, watching the parades and the fireworks. I also love walking on the rides in the evening/night during fantasmic- and some rides are fun to experience at night, like splash mountain.
Aside, we ARE NOT morning people, in any sense of the word. I am a total night-owl.