PDA

View Full Version : Coat of Arms Cart Still at Disneyland?

Dlandmom
11-14-2007, 02:24 PM
Not sure where this thread belongs, so please move if necessary.

I vaguely remember a cart that researched Coats of Arms at Disneyland. I can sort of picture it in that cluster of carts outside the former Motor Boat Cruise across from the Matterhorn. I also vaguely remember it possibly being one of the shops inside the Castle.

I looked on the Disneyland site and couldn't find any mention of this. Does anyone happen to know if this is still at Disneyland? If not, does anyone happen to know if one of those carts/shops is anywhere in the OC area?

Thanks.

Dlandmom
11-14-2007, 02:28 PM
Sorry, I'm getting blind in my old age. :( I just found it. Castle Heraldry in the Castle. Hope it's open when I go. :)

hefferdude
11-14-2007, 02:49 PM
I've always wondered about that shop walking through FL. Do they actually research and print a Herald or COA if your family has one and if not what do they have? Really curious.

cookie7762
11-14-2007, 05:46 PM
My boyfriend had his family crests printed at DL last summer. They had both his maternal and paternal side, which was neat. All you need is the last name and country of origin, unless your last name is pretty unique, then chances are there will only be one shield to choose from. eople like me with the last name of baker with little knowledge of their family origin are screwed. As far as accuracy goes, I'm not too sure. We researched his crests online and found some variations, but all were pretty close to the DL version.

stan4d_steph
11-14-2007, 06:19 PM
I've always wondered about that shop walking through FL. Do they actually research and print a Herald or COA if your family has one and if not what do they have? Really curious.If you want authenticity, you should do the research yourself. I highly doubt what they're selling is the real deal, but if you just want an interesting souvenir, go for it.

VickiC
11-14-2007, 07:10 PM
My boyfriend had his family crests printed at DL last summer. They had both his maternal and paternal side, which was neat. All you need is the last name and country of origin, unless your last name is pretty unique, then chances are there will only be one shield to choose from. eople like me with the last name of baker with little knowledge of their family origin are screwed. As far as accuracy goes, I'm not too sure. We researched his crests online and found some variations, but all were pretty close to the DL version.

Baker is an English name and it means... well, baker. It seems unlikely that historically bakers would have had coats of arms but these days someone has created one for vitually every surname out there.

Jon
11-14-2007, 09:49 PM
If you want authenticity, you should do the research yourself. I highly doubt what they're selling is the real deal, but if you just want an interesting souvenir, go for it.

I agree: those pre-made ones are very generic. For a somewhat long-winded (but good) explanation, check this (http://www.fleurdelis.com/nofamilycrest.htm) out. Still, it's a fun souvenir (I have one) and a cool little place to window shop.

Wobble
11-15-2007, 12:14 PM
Crests have a lot of meaning behind them, so I doubt they would be 100% authentic if bought in a shop. My family has our crest only because it's on our ancestors belongings, and we have records of it, etc. So unless you do a lot of research or your family has knowledge of it, it probably won't be 100% authentic.

However, they are really fun to have, must say. ;) My friend got one in Disneyland and he has it framed in his bedroom. He tells people he is the descendent of kings. :)