PDA

View Full Version : Web Cam on Main Street

slikn2000
11-13-2007, 12:44 PM
What you all think if Disney was to Launch a Web Cam on Mainstreet where everyone could the decorations go up and see people there? Or maybe from the castle looking towards the Station? Any Thoughts.

princessy777
11-13-2007, 12:55 PM
People do obnoxious and not very "Disney" like things when they know they are on camera. Not to say that they shouldn't do a web cam but it is a concern. There are websites with people who flashed the ride cams as well. I guess it comes with the territory.

bigrockstar
11-13-2007, 12:56 PM
What you all think if Disney was to Launch a Web Cam on Mainstreet where everyone could the decorations go up and see people there? Or maybe from the castle looking towards the Station? Any Thoughts.

I've been thinking this for years... Anybody know of one currently in existence? I know about the one on the HoJo, but it's not a great view...

disneyhound
11-13-2007, 01:23 PM
I've been thinking this for years... Anybody know of one currently in existence? I know about the one on the HoJo, but it's not a great view...

I think the HoJo is the best live view of DL available on-line...

slikn2000
11-13-2007, 01:51 PM
I know people do some stupid stuff in front of web cams but I'm not sure people would get too crazy as many would forget it was even there and are more excited to be at DL. I can see more of a problem at night when people are getting bored and leaving but then you won't really be able to see them due to it being dark.

I think it would be really nice to be able to check Dl out event when I cannot be there.:D

CV12Pirate
11-13-2007, 08:01 PM
I think it would be really nice to be able to check Dl out event when I cannot be there.:D

That's why it will not happen. They want you in the park.

cynthia312
11-17-2007, 09:51 PM
That's why it will not happen. They want you in the park.

true. imagine watching POD or Christmas Fantasy on cam conviently at your own house!?!? :p There would be no ppl at Disneyland!

charpaul
11-19-2007, 09:08 AM
true. imagine watching POD or Christmas Fantasy on cam conviently at your own house!?!? :p There would be no ppl at Disneyland!

And I personally do not see any problem with fewer people at DL when I want to be there to see things in person:fez:

GORGON
11-19-2007, 09:20 AM
I have to agree with princess on this one. I thought of that as well as i could tell friends and family to tune in at a certain time and see us there.

samdisneylandca
11-27-2007, 08:53 PM
they use to have one at wdw looking down main street after 9/11/01 it went down. :crying:

danyoung
11-28-2007, 06:35 AM
Yeah, they had one in Epcot and in D/MGM too, before the BAH. They weren't moving video cameras - they just took a still every 5 minutes or so. But they were really fun, especially around sunset as you could see the lights of Main Street coming on. Sadly, security concerns put an end to them.

shadyln
11-28-2007, 07:29 AM

I love this idea although I think the snow on the castle has a better chance of lasting through out the year.

DaDuckFan1955
11-29-2007, 10:59 AM
Perhaps they could post a webcam high enough so that people would not be able to act crazy? Perhaps on the top of the Castle or Roof of Main St or Railroad Station or New Orelans Square or the Tree house-giving a panoramic view without be able to manipulate the camera?

Just my thoughts....

olegc
11-29-2007, 11:04 AM
well, if someone can find the web cam feeds from KABC TV then you;d have the Castle with snow on top all the time. Comes from the Train Station and looks toward castle tops - and some of the heads of passers by.

DianeM
11-30-2007, 04:02 PM
I think it's a terrific idea, and it would be great marketing. I frequently check out the webcam on Waikiki Beach, and dream of standing in front of it. Seeing the beach on the web does not diminish my desire to actually be there, and people don't act goofy around it (most don't even notice it - you really have to be observant to know it's there). It's a nice way of keeping in touch when you can't be there.

DianeM
11-30-2007, 04:03 PM
I can't imagine why. How is a web cam a security concern? If they're worried about terrorists using it to scope out the park, then they might be worrying a bit much - it's not exactly hard to take pictures at Disneyland.

they use to have one at wdw looking down main street after 9/11/01 it went down. :crying:

Bolivar
11-30-2007, 05:28 PM
There are live web cams all over the place and they never get flashed or mugged to in any way because people don't know they are there. I don't know that I would say they are hidden, but they aren't obvious or look like security cameras.

Putting in web cams so that people can watch the happenings and excitement and all the fun others are having is a great marketing tool that generates excitement to actually be there. It would increase visits not decrease them. That is why every ski resort has them.

I can not come up with a single thought as to why a web cam could possibly be a security issue. I can't even come up with an outlandish use a nefarious person would use a web cam for. But I really don't know anything about security.

Mickey
12-02-2007, 05:44 PM
Hello, I have a question about the Hojo webcam, can you see the fireworks ?
Because I just knew about the cam and I see that it moves from several points, the thing is I go to the link where it says "control it yourself" but its not working and right know its moving from diferent angles alone. Is this automatic from the hotel?

When the fireworks are on, can you see then from the HOJO CAM?

Thanks!!!!

Mickey