PDA

View Full Version : Barrage Returning to Disneyland???

kpkenney
07-31-2002, 04:56 PM
According to their website:

http://www.barrage.org/tours.htm

Barrage returns to Club Buzz Aug 6-25.

This may not be accurate.

This is a high-energy young group consisting of seven fiddlers and four others, playing world music very energetically.

The 'European cast' is listed as playing - I don't remember if this is last year's team or not.

THE DISNEYLAND RESORT DOESN'T SHOW THIS IN THEIR LISTINGS - they just have a 'Club Band' listed. I'm hoping this isn't a mistake by the Barrage website, changing the year of the schedule but forgetting to remove old items... (I'll see if they have an email address)

ASIDE: Going to Tower Records to look for their album last year, and not finding it in the World Music section, I asked at the counter. They had the group listed in their computer as 'Hip Hop', and sure enough, I found the album in the Rap section. I wonder if this was because of their jumping around on stage, or if they were mixed up with "Bar Rage", if such a group exists...:)

Uncle Dick
07-31-2002, 05:40 PM
Barrage is indeed returning to the park. Here's another thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8413) about the "good news".

JBKMC
07-31-2002, 09:17 PM
Well I hope that they are better than their last visit.

I struggled but made it through 3 of the tunes at Club Buzz and i must say that we left very disapointed, but the bright side was there was no line for the monorail so it was to Downtown Disney and the Lego store very easy.

Dont get me wrong on this date we went to the parks my whole reason was to see both Blast & Barrage. We saw the Blast show with no problem as the show was either half-full or half-empty.

We worked our way over to the Club Buzz area and were way to early but not early enough to get a table in the dinning area so we grabbed some chairs on the dance floor near the main trash shute on left side of floor.

I had no idea going in what Barrage was and i guess for us, we really werent in the right frame of mind as we did not seem to like the show after 2 tunes but gave it one more tune and looked at each other and when the rest of the row got up we just went along with them.

I think i might have enjoyed this show more if i was either half-drunk or full drunk but without even a "buzz' it sure was a strugle.

I shall pass on their return visit but hope that all get a chance to enjoy at your own pace.

sydney
07-31-2002, 11:22 PM
while everyone is of course entitled to an opinion, i'll have to disagree. I enjoy barrage's enthusiasm, and I see the more intimate performace (as opposed to blast) as a plus. also the tunes are beautiful... can we say "mountain spring"? :) anyway, while I did feel that the canadian cast was a bit stronger (at DL in 2001), they've been doing it alot longer, and from what I heard, the european cast is much more diverse and also has spent the last month in rehearsals. so they may come back a stronger group next week. here's hoping.

Sydney

kpkenney
08-01-2002, 09:03 AM
I did inquire at their website, and this was their reply:
(Note the days off.)

Hi Kevin

The Euro cast of Barrage is scheduled to play at Disneyland Los Angeles from August 6th (sound check on Aug 5th) through the 26th of August with 2 days off during the run (I think the 15th and 16th), so please spread the word.

The Canadian cast appreared last year (Europeans were in LA June/July of this year).

Thank you for your continued interest in Barrage. We really appreciate it.

Frees
08-01-2002, 09:36 AM
Never heard of Barrage, but I eagerly anticipate hearing anything other than bad Jennifer Lopez covers.

sydney
08-01-2002, 10:45 AM
don't you guys think it's a shame that disneyland has stopped listing which bands will be playing which days on the hours/show schedules website? it seems that they're happier just stating "club buzz band" or "pacific wharf band" or whatever, rather than taking the time to actively promote the booked talent of the day. it seems counter productive, as it leaves those that do plan trips to see bands at the resort having to keep guessing as to when things will happen. ;)

just a thought.