PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland going to Heck

ni_teach
06-14-2001, 06:27 AM
My wife and I went to Disneyland last night, 6/13/01 and were totally disturbed with what we saw. There has been a lot of talk about how bad the Tiki room is falling apart, but what we saw at Spacemountain was far more troubling.

First the upper standby line area had not looked like it was sweep up all day. There was trash everywhere. Then we saw the vandalism of large areas of paint which guests had pulled away from the wall. We are not talking about one or two places. We are talking so many places that you can't count them all. On closer inspection there was also a lot of graffiti on the walls. One was dated may, 18 - that's over a month ago!!

The final shock was seeing two holes in the walls and one in the ceiling. On the first ramp down from turning into the show building there were holes that people had punched into the dry walls and you see into the insulation and other parts of the building. These are not small holes we are talking about. One was about 10 inches by 4 inches and the second smaller one was about 5 by 5. We also saw a third hole in the ceiling where someone had pulled out one of the decorative strips. This hole looked like it had been there for a very long time because of the dirt and spider webs that we saw.

I think that many annual passholders miss this because they use fastpass and go around this area. But the next time your there go up and take a look.

The bottom line is that the standby line area wasn't just dirty, it was totally filthy.

PirateoftheCaribbean
06-14-2001, 07:21 AM
How Horrible!! Did you take any pictures?

ni_teach
06-14-2001, 07:35 AM
I'm sorry to say that I didn't have a camera with me.

blusilva
06-14-2001, 10:37 AM
When I was there on June 1, there was a huge hole in one of the POC cave walls where it looked exactly like someone punched it through!

I wonder if the same vandals that attacked Space Mountain did the work in Pirates....

SimFan1985
06-14-2001, 11:44 AM
I knew Disneyland was looking bad, but I wouldn't have guessed that it would be that bad. Something's gotta be done.

Corith
06-14-2001, 12:53 PM
Something is . . . .

Mandrake Linux
06-14-2001, 04:47 PM
You know.... the peeling paint may actually be a good thing. If you notice, behind the peeling paint in Tomorrowland, THE REAL PAINT IS STILL THERE! So hopefully the new paint will peel its way into the past. Therefore, Tomorrowland will look good once again. I got to say, this new metallic paint does not remind me of the future. I'm all for the 80's style! Bring back The White and the Blue. Wooo!!!:D :D :D :D

Napsto
06-14-2001, 05:03 PM
that is not good.

Lacrosse Boy
06-22-2001, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by ACDC Therapy
You know.... the peeling paint may actually be a good thing. If you notice, behind the peeling paint in Tomorrowland, THE REAL PAINT IS STILL THERE! So hopefully the new paint will peel its way into the past. Therefore, Tomorrowland will look good once again. I got to say, this new metallic paint does not remind me of the future. I'm all for the 80's style! Bring back The White and the Blue. Wooo!!!:D :D :D :D

So are you going to start chipping paint off the walls? I would consider that vandalism!!

Dlandmom
06-22-2001, 12:58 PM
ni_teach, did you see the story about the grad niters and their high schools who got in trouble because of their pranks at DL? I wouldn't be surprised if some of their vandalism is what you saw. It's a completely different crowd now from when I was a grad niter (won't tell you how long ago!).

ni_teach
06-22-2001, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Dlandmom
ni_teach, did you see the story about the grad niters and their high schools who got in trouble because of their pranks at DL? I wouldn't be surprised if some of their vandalism is what you saw. It's a completely different crowd now from when I was a grad niter (won't tell you how long ago!).

No I didn't read that story about Grad Night. I was also wondering if anyone has been on the stand-by line to see if anything has been fixed.

Dlandmom
06-22-2001, 02:56 PM
The Grad Nite info is in David Koenig's report today.

The last time I went through the stand by line at SM, it wasn't looking great, but it wasn't bad...just a little bit of trash here and there (unfortunately the norm these days). I haven't been there since your visit, though.

Morrigoon
06-22-2001, 09:33 PM
I agree ACDC... Long live the white and blue!!!!

Rok
06-22-2001, 11:13 PM
I was in the standby line tonight (6-22) and I didn't notice any peeling paint or vandalism. It must have been cleaned up.

Busy night though, lines of 100+ minutes for splash mountain. *sniff*