PDA

View Full Version : Spiders on Indiana Jones

Pages : [1] 2

LuckyFin24
11-11-2007, 11:13 PM
Can anyone tell me if there is a spider "section" on Indiana Jones? A friend of mine is saying they will not go on this ride because, they have heard there is a part of the ride where spiders come at the car.

CV12Pirate
11-12-2007, 04:14 AM
Afraid of fake spiders?

Leap for Joy
11-12-2007, 05:35 AM
Yes, there is a spider section. The spiders are projected onto the walls and there is a mist "web" that you drive through. This part terrified my niece when she was 9.

The spider images are normal size (not gigantic spiders) and they're a little fuzzy. As an adult, it's easy to see that they're not real.

winniethesuzie
11-12-2007, 05:40 AM
Afraid of fake spiders?

I believe it's called Arachnofakephobia:cool:

The old man
11-12-2007, 06:32 AM
I believe it's called Arachnofakephobia:cool:
Very, very good. :D

Rkkm
11-12-2007, 07:23 AM
Just shut your eyes during that part of the ride.

TTFN92
11-12-2007, 07:54 AM
If you are sitting in the back of the car you miss the whole effect.

FoodLover
11-12-2007, 07:58 AM
I am terrified of spiders (in fact, so terrified that I still haven't experienced "It's Tough to Be a Bug" because I know there are big fake spiders in it) but honestly the effects in Indiana Jones do not bother me.

Mary

princessy777
11-12-2007, 08:23 AM
I much more afraid of the spears I can feel whizzing by just missing my head!:eek:

Niwel
11-12-2007, 08:47 AM
The spiders are lumped in with the other bugs and are projected on the wall. The mist you go through is when the rats "fall" into your car (sometimes the projection doesn't work right -- so you just see the mist). HTH! :)

Toocherie
11-12-2007, 08:49 AM
LOL! And I haven't gone on Indy because of the giant fake snake . . . . .

PanFan
11-12-2007, 08:57 AM
LOL! And I haven't gone on Indy because of the giant fake snake . . . . .

Aw, leave Fluffy out of this!

yohomama212
11-12-2007, 09:05 AM
Afraid of fake spiders?

It happens. I had to leave the bug show at DCA because of those spiders. My mom told me they weren't that big or that close. Guess she remembered wrong. Just the thought of them now is making my palms sweat. My mom is the same way with fake snakes, it might as well be the real thing.

Elizabeth

potzbie
11-12-2007, 09:13 AM
"Snakes! Why did it have to be snakes!"
- Indiana Jones

(See? He wasn't afraid of spiders.)

Toocherie
11-12-2007, 09:45 AM
Aw, leave Fluffy out of this!

So, if I were to brave an encounter with "Fluffy" which side would I sit on to be the furtherest away from him/her?:D

Bytebear
11-12-2007, 09:49 AM
"Snakes! Why did it have to be snakes!"
- Indiana Jones

(See? He wasn't afraid of spiders.)

He wasn't afraid of snakes either, until he fell in to a railcar filled with them (see The Last Crusade).

Rufus T Firefly
11-12-2007, 12:50 PM
So, if I were to brave an encounter with "Fluffy" which side would I sit on to be the furtherest away from him/her?:D

The left side.

cynthia312
11-12-2007, 05:25 PM
Yeah I'm afraid of snakes too. It took me quite some time to be able to brave that ride. The first few times I went, I had to cover my eyes during the snake part.

I'm terrified of snakes. I can't even look at one on T.V. :| Not joking.

Toocherie
11-12-2007, 05:31 PM

Right there with you sister! Can't look at them in magazines, on t.v. -- hate westerns because invariably if some cowboy is out and puts his hand somewhere he can't see there will be a rattlesnake!

Let's not even think about going into the reptile house at the zoo . . . . I think it is going to be a while before I get up the nerve for Indy!

Mrs Mouse
11-12-2007, 07:42 PM

I'd take snakes over bugs any day. Ugh.

That being said, I don't find the bugs in Indy that disturbing. Also, I was fine in It's Tough to be a Bug until the stupid hornets starting stinging. I did not like that part. :|

dehnehsu
11-12-2007, 10:02 PM
Yes, there is a spider section. The spiders are projected onto the walls and there is a mist "web" that you drive through. This part terrified my niece when she was 9.

The spider images are normal size (not gigantic spiders) and they're a little fuzzy. As an adult, it's easy to see that they're not real.

Perhaps the mist web you're refering to is the puffs of air shot from above into the Troop Transport during the Bug Sequence. I always thought that part was lame. You can hear the load blasts of compressed air but can barely feel it as the Transport drives thru the area. It sounds and feels like what it is... Load puffs of air and not Spiders falling onto your head.

bigrockstar
11-13-2007, 07:18 PM
Ah, yes... the mind can be a dangerous thing. As an adult, unless you come from a tiny village without electricity or any links to the outside world, any and all of the effects would be easily dismissed as just that: effects. Just go and have a great time. There are no spiders. Just light projected through mist onto brick walls. There are no snakes. Just a big animatronic log with scales and big teeth painted on. The sound effects are really the only convincing part of these particular effects (to an average adult). If these effects bother you, I recommend staying away from theme parks (and farms) altogether. :)

Rufus T Firefly
11-13-2007, 10:03 PM
Ah, yes... the mind can be a dangerous thing. As an adult, unless you come from a tiny village without electricity or any links to the outside world, any and all of the effects would be easily dismissed as just that: effects. Just go and have a great time. There are no spiders. Just light projected through mist onto brick walls. There are no snakes. Just a big animatronic log with scales and big teeth painted on. The sound effects are really the only convincing part of these particular effects (to an average adult). If these effects bother you, I recommend staying away from theme parks (and farms) altogether. :)

Farms? :confused:

lofosho
11-13-2007, 11:54 PM
The first 8 times I rode on Indy I had my eyes closed the entire time! Needless to say I've matured since then.... :)

sjcivilady
11-14-2007, 11:28 AM
I do not like I'ts tough to be a bug - I know the spiders are fake, but I close my eyes during that part. I only go see it if I'm with someone who hasn't seen it before. Indy spiders are nothing - tell your friend he or she can close their eyes at that part. The music adds a lot to it, though, I think - makes it easy to imagine bugs, thank goodness they don't make it so you can "feel" them. ..... I HATE big spiders! :eek: