PDA

View Full Version : Pirates Questions

big_al
07-31-2002, 08:08 AM
Hello all. I've been lurking around here for a year or so, and finally decided to register so I can ask some questions! Hopefully your expertise will be of help to me!

In POTC, we know that the treasure is cursed, but do we know HOW it got cursed? Is there a semi-official word on this?
What about the town? Where does it take place?
The Captain? Is he representative of anyone?

If there is no official word, educated guesses and crackpot opinions will be just as good. Thanks, folks!

al

Matterhorn Fan
07-31-2002, 08:19 AM
I believe there are some excellent educated guesses and crackpot opinions on this thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?threadid=7677).

Flynn
07-31-2002, 08:21 AM
While I can't answer all the questions, I do know that the Captain is supposed to be the infamous Blackbeard. There are two thing that show this: the ribbons in his beard (which is apparently one of Blackbeard's signature things), and the painting of Blackbeard from the Disney movie Blackbeard's Ghost, which is seen as you ride the ramp up to the exit.

As for the town itself, I believe it is supposed to be a generic town in the Spanish controlled Carabean.

I only have a guess on the treasure, which is that it was cursed by the greed of the pirates and haunted by their spirits. As I said, though, that's only a guess.

Hope that helps.

(Edit: Drat. Matterhorn Fan beat me to a response.)

big_al
08-01-2002, 10:24 AM
Thanks guys. I'm pretty clear on the overall story, just wanted to know if there was any 'insider' lore I was missing out on. Apparently not! :)

Oh, and one more question. The Mayor, the guy they're dunking in the well - what's his name again? His wife is calling to him, telling him not to tell, but I can't quite remember the name.

Thanks again.

Ghoulish Delight
08-01-2002, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by big_al
Thanks guys. I'm pretty clear on the overall story, just wanted to know if there was any 'insider' lore I was missing out on. Apparently not! :)

Oh, and one more question. The Mayor, the guy they're dunking in the well - what's his name again? His wife is calling to him, telling him not to tell, but I can't quite remember the name.

Thanks again. "Don't tell them Carlos. Don't be cheeeken!"

[edit]Eep, simultaneous post with NA. For crying out loud, we spelled "cheeeken" the same. :rolleyes:

Not Afraid
08-01-2002, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by big_al

Thanks again.

"Don't tell him Carlos. Don't be cheeeeeken"

Not Afraid
08-01-2002, 10:33 AM
You know you're a Disney Geek when................

(And I mean you too GD):D :D

big_al
08-01-2002, 10:43 AM
CARLOS! That's it! Thanks a TON! Now maybe I can start thinking about something else!