PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Capacity

slikn2000
11-09-2007, 10:54 AM
I have always wondered what the max capacity is of DL? Also, what is it for DCA? (Not like it will ever be reached! ;) Another question I have is on an average day how many CM are working, either in front or behind the scenes at DL? :D

bloodnswash
11-09-2007, 11:20 AM
LOL, aren't these types of numbers secrets?? hehe ;)

Malcon10t
11-09-2007, 02:46 PM
I have always wondered what the max capacity is of DL? Also, what is it for DCA? (Not like it will ever be reached! ;) It's my opinion capacity for DL is around 55,000 on a day with all walkways open, all rides open, and all restaurants open. Attendance on a capacity day has been in the 78,000 range. Not sure about DCA. DCA has hit capacity once.

kiki
11-09-2007, 09:15 PM
DCA has hit capacity once.

Wow, when was that!!!???

Darkbeer
11-09-2007, 09:23 PM
Capacity for DCA is around 32,000 when everything is open and staffed fully.

As for Disneyland, they can get over 60,000 in the park at one time for New Year's Eve, but as some folks show up early, and then leave, the official attendance can get in the Mid 70's, and on some of the days prior, they might actually have a slightly higher official attendance than NYE, as more folks leave earlier, and make room for others.

The "capacity" (how many folks can be in the park at one time) is based on what is open and what is closed, as the Fire Marshall has a formula of how many folks can fit into an area, and if an attraction or area is closed, there is less room.

Attendance is how many different folks can enter the turnstile in one day, and that is a much higher humber than "capacity".

Malcon10t
11-10-2007, 04:48 AM
Wow, when was that!!!???I dont remember the date, but it was in April (or may?) 2006 when the 2-fer was expiring for DCA.

evrythngwmn
11-10-2007, 04:55 AM
I dont remember the date, but it was in April (or may?) 2006 when the 2-fer was expiring for DCA.

I believe it was 2004. I was working dayshift that day and they started parking people in the CM lots. Word of advice, if that ever happens to you, take it as a sign and go home. It was ugly.

kiki
11-11-2007, 01:12 PM
Of all the times that I have been at DCA, it has never been close to capacity.The longest line that I have waited in was 30 for Soarin' (although the fast passes helped alot), but I have only seen GRR with the longest line at 120 min(mid July). That should be a sight to see DCA packed.