PDA

View Full Version : BBQ Restaurant behind Thunder Mountain

mstg666
07-30-2002, 03:53 PM
I forget... What is the name of that Big BBQ Restuarant behind Thunder Mountain? Its no longer there it was removed about 4 years ago or so.

I cant for the love of me remember:confused: :confused:

I want to start writing to guest relations and request it be brought back.

Traci
07-30-2002, 03:56 PM
I think it was called Big Thunder Ranch BBQ, but I'm not quite sure. I can tell you this though, in that Mexican restaurant next to Thunder Mountain they also have BBQ, I think this is the same BBQ that was at that previous restaurant, have you tried eating there?

mstg666
07-30-2002, 03:59 PM
Thanks.
No I have been too scared. I know review of the food was alot better than before they remodeled it. But I remember the food there was just aweful before that. I
'll make sure to try the BBQ next time I go in Sept.

stevemo
07-30-2002, 04:21 PM
The BBQ options at El Zocalo are pretty good, and the menu is almost exactly that of Big Thunder Ranch, sans the tri-tip. I really enjoyed Big Thunder Ranch BBQ, too. It was a relaxing place to eat on a summer night. The problem was, because it was an outdoor venue, it couldn't operate year round. By moving it to a covered/enclosed location a hefty chunk of real estate has been freed up in frontierland. Maybe a new land or attraction in the future?

JCLowesman
07-30-2002, 06:40 PM
Let's not jump into this land use thing with the present gang of thieves. Just keep in mind that these are the folks that brought you DCA.

Let me see, they haven't installed a Tilt-a-whirl or Scrambler yet. Hey, maybe one of those wonderful Truck rally rides with all those beautiful flashing lights and horns for the kiddies to beep. I'm sure there is a carnival somewhere that has one for sale.

Sorry I'm so cynical, but it's really time for thw stockholders to dump Eisner and his gang of boobs. In my opinion, Walt Disney is the best case for legalizing cloning!:rolleyes:

mousey_girl
07-30-2002, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by JCLowesman
Let's not jump into this land use thing with the present gang of thieves. Just keep in mind that these are the folks that brought you DCA.

Let me see, they haven't installed a Tilt-a-whirl or Scrambler yet. Hey, maybe one of those wonderful Truck rally rides with all those beautiful flashing lights and horns for the kiddies to beep. I'm sure there is a carnival somewhere that has one for sale.

Sorry I'm so cynical, but it's really time for thw stockholders to dump Eisner and his gang of boobs. In my opinion, Walt Disney is the best case for legalizing cloning!:rolleyes:

I am confused... was this post meant for another thread?:confused:

Techie7
07-30-2002, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by mousey_girl

I am confused... was this post meant for another thread?:confused:

I think JC was trying to say that nothing else should be built until a management change. This was in response to the comment that a new land and attractions could be developed in the area.

mousey_girl
07-30-2002, 07:57 PM
oky doky!! that would make sense, thank you... the more i tried to understand the more confused I got...

Techie7
07-30-2002, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by mousey_girl
oky doky!! that would make sense, thank you... the more i tried to understand the more confused I got...

I read through it a couple times too. :)

stevemo
07-31-2002, 08:18 AM
Easy there JCLowesman; the scope of my comment was meant only to embrace the fact that many of us lament the removal of a cool dining location that was well themed and had good food. It was also meant to express the opinion that the food selections could be found at a newer alternative dining location that has intriguing theming all its own. The post was also meant to express the hope that someday, in the FUTURE, the open geography might be implemented for a cool new attraction, thusly lessening our feeling of loss. I disapprove of current management as much as the next guy, and I vote my shares in such a way as to show my disapproval, but please keep the rant comments on a rant thread and allow the threads that express a bit of hope that the company may improve in the future to continue to do just that. Thanks for your understanding.

Of course, this is America. Say whatever you want.

Bill Catherall
07-31-2002, 08:24 AM
It's good to know that the BBQ is still available. It was my favorite place to eat...for the food and the atmosphere. It's sad that I can't enjoy the atmosphere anymore, but at least I can have the food still. I've got mixed feelings on that though.

JCLowesman
07-31-2002, 11:49 AM
Sorry about that, I just lost it there for a few seconds. Deep breath. . .count to ten. . .exhale. . .aah, that's better.:o

stan4d_steph
07-31-2002, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by stevemo
The BBQ options at El Zocalo are pretty good, and the menu is almost exactly that of Big Thunder Ranch, sans the tri-tip...

Actually, I was there recently (within past 2 months) and they had the tri-tip on the menu. It's not always there and I think it's only an option at dinner, not sure. Anyway, I like the food there and the chili is a good deal.

danyoung
07-31-2002, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by stevemo
The BBQ options at El Zocalo are pretty good, and the menu is almost exactly that of Big Thunder Ranch, sans the tri-tip.

On the Mexican side of the Zocalo, I can vouch for the quality of the taco salad - yum!!!

Cadaverous Pallor
07-31-2002, 12:27 PM
Some wise Padder once said, "That abandoned Big Thunder Ranch area has big E-ticket written all over it."

I don't remember who said it, but I agree. :D

EDIT: They still use the area for big corporate parties and such, so God only knows when they'll tear it out.

Dlandmom
07-31-2002, 12:34 PM
I really like the bbq at Zocalo...it doesn't quite have that "freshly" bbq'd taste like the Ranch (err, maybe it was the smell of the smoke that I missed), but the bbq was certainly tasty, and the portions were generous (well, at least the servings weren't small compared to the price you paid!).