PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving turkey down main street, time?

ochibiyo
11-08-2007, 06:37 PM
Hi all! We've planned a trip to DL during Thanksgiving week. My mom heard that the turkeys who are pardoned by the President go down Main Street. Is this true and what time on Thanksgiving Day does that happen? She really wants to see this, so she is making me ask. HAHAHA! All I want is candy canes and fudge! YUM!!:~D

ChipmunkStar
11-08-2007, 07:37 PM
Unfortunately, this year the turkeys are supposedly going to WDW.

In good news, I believe both Flyer and Fryer have survived an entire year at Big Thunder Ranch! :)

ochibiyo
11-08-2007, 07:46 PM
Oh man that sucks! Oh well, we will still be at DL so I'm happy! Didn't one of the turkeys disappear, I seem to remember some of Darkbeer's pics with just one turkey there. Hopefully they are both there! Thanks a bunch!!

ChipmunkStar
11-08-2007, 09:43 PM
The turkeys were rotated every few weeks from onstage to backstage. So while Flyer was in the onstage pen, Fryer was in the ranch backstage, and vice versa. There was an actual reason for this, but I forgot what it was.... Maybe personal space for each? Less time being harassed by guests? Who knows... besides the Circle D folks of course :)

bloodnswash
11-09-2007, 11:22 AM
In good news, I believe both Flyer and Fryer have survived an entire year at Big Thunder Ranch! :)

Yippee!!! This is great news!!!