PDA

View Full Version : Parade Didn't Stop Last Night

Niwel
11-08-2007, 10:18 AM
Not sure what happened yesterday. But the Parade of Dreams was missing Tinkerbell and her train intro float -- and did not do a show stop on Main Street. It started at 7 at IASW (or was supposed to) and took 30 minutes to reach the hub. It went down like a regular parade.

Wonder if something broke down.

PanFan
11-08-2007, 11:44 AM
That's weird! I wish I was there last night and knew what was going on. I've seen it missing the Lion King float before and the Alice float, but never the train (though I have seen Merlin driving it once instead of Peter Pan). Usually when a float breaks down they tow it, but maybe they were having issues with it before the parade started. Were the fairies and Peter in front leading the parade before the Beauty and the Beast float? I'm willing to bet it started late because 30 minutes is longer than it takes to get down the parade route if they are doing show stops. I'm curious to find out what happened!

Niwel
11-08-2007, 12:08 PM
Five fairies were there (Flora, Fauna, Merriweather, Godmother, Blue Fairy).
No Peter. It was so strange -- and we had a great spot, too. :(

bloodnswash
11-09-2007, 04:45 AM
It was either last week or the week before, the parade was apparently missing the Pinocchio float for at least a couple of days. From what I had heard there were parts breaking off of the characters.

As for not stopping, I know that when the Southern CA fires were going on DL said that they would not stop the parade due to health issues. I don't know if that would have anything to do with it.

This parade is 3 years old, I believe. Sounds like it might be really taking it's toll and could use a rehab. They just have to make it for another week before the Xmas Parade starts. :)

DizneyMommy
11-09-2007, 06:20 AM
It has nothing to do with the fires, our air is no longer labeled Unhealthful for all indiviuals.

I was there last night and everyone was present and accounted for, all floats on board and stops were being made. It was probably a fluke, last minute breakdown or sick-call.