PDA

View Full Version : Surveys

disguy
07-30-2002, 11:05 AM
Ok, what is up with the Survey people? How come I'm NEVER picked to do a survey??? Even before I was an AP holder they never picked me...I'm having flash backs of High School P.E!!

Does anyone know what they ask?

justagrrl
07-30-2002, 12:19 PM
They ask you to rate different things - the value of the food - the level of service - etc. They ask you how much money you spent and how much time you were there. That sort of thing. Pretty boring really...after a few times of telling them stuff costs too much it loses it's appeal and you begin to avoid them just like the picture takers that try to get ya as you enter DCA. We've perfected the look the other way technique as well as the graceful "no thanks not today" blurb that gets recited.

If you wanna have a "fun" survey where you get something out of it, they (not Disney, but companies) do run focus groups on stuff and you can get paid cash on the spot for your time. I've done one on printers (really really boring but paid really well - $125 for 3 hours) and one on Pizza from Pizza Hut (more entertaining but only got $40 for 1 1/2 I was there.) They call maybe once a month or so to ask if we are interested in doing one on whatever date and time. I think it's called Discovery Research.

PineapplePrincess
07-30-2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by disguy
Ok, what is up with the Survey people? How come I'm NEVER picked to do a survey??? Even before I was an AP holder they never picked me...I'm having flash backs of High School P.E!!

Does anyone know what they ask?

I thought that same thing and then a couple of weeks ago I got stopped 3 times!!!! Just walk really slowly by them, smile and they will nab you.

As for mall surveys, gotta love them. Especially when they throw in some $!

HBTiggerFan
07-30-2002, 07:06 PM
They normally do not pick APs. :rolleyes: and if they find out that you do have an AP (by asking what kind of admission you bought" they quickly wrap up the survery.

SO what I do, on those few chances I get, is I say I am from Canada, my ticket is in my hotel room and I give them the address to a house in Canada that my mom has :D hehe

MonorailMan
07-30-2002, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by HB Tigger Fan
They normally do not pick APs. :rolleyes: and if they find out that you do have an AP (by asking what kind of admission you bought" they quickly wrap up the survery.

Mom once was ready to take the survey, and I steped in and said "Annual Passholders like us, shouldn't be be bothered by some survey, if were mad, we'll "fight City Hall"! :eek: :D

I later told mom that AP couldn't take the survey, and we had a big laugh!

HBTiggerFan
07-30-2002, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by MonorailMan

Mom once was ready to take the survey, and I steped in and said "Annual Passholders like us, shouldn't be be bothered by some survey, if were mad, we'll "fight City Hall"! :eek: :D

I later told mom that AP couldn't take the survey, and we had a big laugh!

You see, AP holders CAN take the survery. They just have to tell a white lie about their admission. Right or wrong, thats what I do because IMHO it is wrong not to question AP holders...then again they don't want to hear our oppnions anyways.

dcaprincess
07-30-2002, 09:42 PM
Ok, so I have friends who work in that department and they say that they go for the people who have colored socks, like red, yellow, pink, gray ext.. They say that most of California people have white socks, funny huh, I never though of that but when you look its true.

Uncle Dick
07-30-2002, 11:04 PM
I was first surveyed just after entering the Disneyland Main Entrance the day Haunted Mansion Holiday opened to the general public. The survey chick basically just wanted to know if the HMH had influenced my visit (it had).

The second (and last) time I was surveyed in DtD. The survey guy asked how long I'd spent in DtD and wanted to know if I already had or was planning to visit either of the theme parks that day. Pretty boring stuff.

justagrrl
07-31-2002, 06:07 AM
The many times I was surveyed, they asked about my admission, which was an AP, and I did the whole survey thingie anyway. So, either that's not always the case, or some CM was just wasting my time.

As for the socks, what about us no-sock people. I own only a few pairs cause I usually wear slip on sandals or those tennis shoes with no back (and no socks) so where do I fit in? Maybe it's the no sock people that are *really* targeted? ;) :D

disguy
07-31-2002, 08:26 AM
Well that's what it is then. I always wear white socks. I'm never without socks. I don't think men should *not* where socks.

Flynn
07-31-2002, 09:55 AM
Both my fiancee and I have AP's and were given what seemed to be a pretty complete survey by the folks at DCA once. Although, that was about a year ago, so perhaps their policies have changed. We have wondered if they ever actually did anything with that data, though.

Cadaverous Pallor
07-31-2002, 10:07 AM
The times I've been surveyed in DCA, they asked us everything, even after we told them we were APers. Once we were relaxing on a bench between Main St. and the hub and roving survey takers approached us twice. As soon as we said AP, they walked away.

I'm sure it depends on what kind of info they're looking for that day.

RStar
07-31-2002, 10:15 AM
I've been interviewed twice at DTD. First time (right after it opened) they went into the money spent thing. The second one was the quicker version. Both times I told him/her that I was an AP. It didn't seem to matter. Ifigured that they want an idea of where the people come from. All information is valid and valuble. Depends on the type of study it is of course. If you want to find out the spending habits of the tourists, then APs and locals are not needed.

This what they asked me (as I recall it & not in order):

1) Did you plan to visit the parks

2) did you eat here

3) did you stay in a hotel

4) how did you travel here

5) how many people in our party

6) Do you have an AP (they figured it out by my answers above)

7) the age group of the people in our party (they show you the screen and ask you to chose from catagories so you never say your exact age)