PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding Entertainment Personnel

aricbell
11-06-2007, 11:38 AM
I was at the Parade of Dreams audition last night (11-5) and there were several people there, obviously the dance instructers (choreographers) but there were two other men in business attire who one claimed he was the "Casting Director". Did this man dance in his early life or deal with business functions soley?:confused:

dawnid
11-06-2007, 02:13 PM
During the 50th celebration I attended a talk given by the man in charge of Disney's entertainment. He started as a drum major/band leader for the Disneyland Band. Someone may have a better memory for names, he was a great speaker, but from the way he spoke it sounded like he was in charge of selecting entertainment.

So the non-dance types might be in charge of the overall show or music. I would think they would have a few "big picture" types making sure selections fit the look not just the ability.

aricbell
11-06-2007, 02:51 PM
Oh ok Thank you. The reason I am asking this is because I would love to work with the Disney Parades/ Shows but I'm not the greatest dancer/actor I never make the auditions and working behind the scenes looks like a fun position as well.:)

CV12Pirate
11-06-2007, 06:08 PM
There is an old saying that goes like this. Those who can't do... manage! Meaning those who cannot do it, manage people who can do it.

Roast yer liver.

ChipmunkStar
11-07-2007, 07:53 AM
There is an old saying that goes like this. Those who can't do... manage! Meaning those who cannot do it, manage people who can do it.

That does ring true...sometimes. In entertainment almost all the higher ups started on the front lines somewhere.