PDA

View Full Version : Toys for Tots

judimouse
11-06-2007, 10:35 AM
Toys for Tots starts on November 23, 2007.

Each year the Marine Corp sets up boxes just before the security check point.

We sometimes forget how lucky we are to spend so much time at DL. There are kids out there that might not have a great Holiday because their parents just don't have the means to celebrate Holiday.

Please stop by the Charactger Warehouse at Harbor and Orangethorpe and pick up one or two items and drop them off at DL staring November 23rd. Each time I go to the Warehouse I pick up at least one gift for the next year. I don't miss a few dollars now and then. You can get some nice items for under $10.

If you have questions please email me at judi@tinkstravel.com

judimouse
11-06-2007, 10:41 AM
Batteries.

I just discovered that I have two Pirate games that need batteries. Each needs 3 batteries so I am just going to tape a package of batteries to each gift.

If you purchase an item that needs batteries please tape them on the gift. It's a big bummer to get a gift you can't play with because you do not have the batteries.

The Dollar Tree (right by the charater warehouse), 99 cents and others have packages of batteries for $1.00

judimouse

MammaSilva
11-06-2007, 12:11 PM
I think this year I'll probably send my donations for the Toys for Tots to the San Diego area to be distributed. We'll donate at the park because we just do...I can't walk by those Dress Blues and not donate....can't do it...but my big donation will be going to the San Diego area where so many lost their homes this year.

yohomama212
11-06-2007, 01:07 PM
Where will the collection point at DL be?

Elizabeth

judimouse
11-06-2007, 01:59 PM
Between the tram drop off and the security check point. You can not miss those Marines in their dress blues.

yohomama212
11-06-2007, 05:55 PM
Marines at DL:D... and the pretty decorations... and the chance to help a little boy or girl... could Christmas at DL get any better?

Elizabeth

MammaSilva
11-06-2007, 06:16 PM
Disneyland is good about providing serious Eye Candy around the Holidays...

Jon
11-06-2007, 10:38 PM
*Aw, shucks...* :cool:

DizneyMommy
11-07-2007, 06:27 AM
Here's another suggestion... Toy's R Us frequently has special offers where you buy a particular toy and you get another toy free, usually at least a $10 value and it is always something really nice. I just bought my daughter a princess dress up set there and got a talking magic mirror and jewlery set free, that will be going to TFT because my daughter would swallow pieces of it anyways. They were offering several other promo things in the store for girls and boys, too. They also do the buy one get one free on Little Tikes toys pretty often around the holidays. If you'll be buying toys for your own kids or grandkids this year, keep an eye out for those!

MammaSilva
11-07-2007, 10:55 AM
*Aw, shucks...* :cool:

Ok, the 'Marine Mom' has to ask....Devil dog or CM?

adriennek
11-07-2007, 11:06 AM

I do have to say, at the carwash today there was a car with a heckuvalot of Marine stickers on it -- so I directed my attention you betcha - but that Marine was sadly passed his prime...

But we're close enough to Pendleton that we have some families in the community that provide eye candy on a regular basis. :cool:

Adrienne

Jon
11-07-2007, 12:36 PM

Devil Dog... I've been out for a few years. A friend of mine is a technical director at Disney's Virtual Reality Studio, and I just moved to CA to get a new degree (in film) and go work with him. I would have loved to be a CM when I was first in college but I lived in New York at the time. Being a responsible adult wasn't much fun, though, so I decided to work for Disney instead. ;)

...that Marine was sadly passed his prime...
Adrienne

BURN!! lol

adriennek
11-07-2007, 12:56 PM
BURN!! lol

Hey, I've still seen plenty of "no longer active" Marines that can get me to say "oooh rahhhh"... ;) This one just needed the bumper stickers for identification purposes.

Adrienne

MammaSilva
11-07-2007, 01:00 PM
Devil Dog... I've been out for a few years. A friend of mine is a technical director at Disney's Virtual Reality Studio, and I just moved to CA to get a new degree (in film) and go work with him. I would have loved to be a CM when I was first in college but I lived in New York at the time. Being a responsible adult wasn't much fun, though, so I decided to work for Disney instead. ;)

Thank you for being one of our Finest! I have family in all branches, a nephew in the Corps serving in Iraq as I type....welcome to the other side of your contract and have fun working at Disney....I'll donate an extra toy this year in your honor.

Jon
11-08-2007, 12:23 PM
It was my pleasure (well, most of the time). :)

Thanks to you all!

MeelaneMouse
11-30-2007, 08:32 AM
Anyone have the info. on when this is going on at the resort? Sorry, it may be here and I just didn't see it. Thanks for your help! Happy Holidays everyone!

Tinker Bell
11-30-2007, 08:46 AM
I have looked every where and can not find any info. If disney is who you want to get your toy the soda fountain is taking them.

Mostly Anonymous
11-30-2007, 08:54 AM
Anyone have the info. on when this is going on at the resort? Sorry, it may be here and I just didn't see it. Thanks for your help! Happy Holidays everyone!

Last year they had a program where people who brought in Toys for Tots would get pins. But I haven't seen any announcement about that happening this year.

Knott's Berry Farm is having a Toys for Tots drive over the next 3 weekends. Bring a new, unwrapped toy with a value of at least $10 and you get free admission. We're thinking of going, since Disneyland doesn't have a real wooden coaster, and Knott's has a pretty decent kiddie area.

Tinker Bell
11-30-2007, 01:41 PM
At the Soda Fountain you get a pin. Toys For Tots - Nephews (http://eventservices.disney.go.com/pintrading/pin?id=30824)

janell
11-30-2007, 10:19 PM
I like to know what they are doing at the resort too. I took toys with me last weekend to drop off, because I heard you could. But couldn't find where you drop them off.

stan4d_steph
12-01-2007, 07:23 AM
Anyone have the info. on when this is going on at the resort? Sorry, it may be here and I just didn't see it. Thanks for your help! Happy Holidays everyone!I merged your thread with the previous one.

If you can't find something, use the Search function (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/search.php). I searched on "toys tots."

rds912
12-01-2007, 07:36 AM
We bought several toys for each child to donate while we are there on the 6th through the 9th. Quite a few good deals at the Disney outlet.

Rkkm
12-01-2007, 01:18 PM
I do have to say, at the carwash today there was a car with a heckuvalot of Marine stickers on it -- so I directed my attention you betcha - but that Marine was sadly passed his prime...
Adrienne

Well, it wasn't MY Marine ... age 64 ...or any of his retired MC buddies. Young hotties of both sexes hit on him and them regularly at the gym!

My all-time FAV USMC/Disney pin is the one of the Marine and Micky saluting each other.