PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get a poster sized map of the park?

Genris
11-06-2007, 06:30 AM
I'm here! I'm here!
But every trip, for as long as I can remember, I've brought home a poster of the current park configuration. This year, I can't find one. I've been in all the main street stores and World of Disney. The cashiers in a few of those places say they've seen one, but no one can tell me where. Ideas?

Bytebear
11-06-2007, 09:36 AM
I bought my 50th poster at the WoD, but that was a while ago. It was where they sell the Disneyland related books and DVDs. I would also say to check the Disney Gallery, but alas...

rokketride
11-06-2007, 10:09 AM
The last one I bought was at the Emporium. I think I had to ask the CM at the register for it.

Mshell
11-06-2007, 01:18 PM
We got our 50th poster at the Emporium as well. If I remeber right we either had to ask the CM at the register for it or it was located at the register. Good Luck finding one!

Gone2Disneyland
11-06-2007, 01:33 PM
I can't recall on my recent trips seeing the maps as noticeably obvious around cash registers in stores as they had been before, during, and after the 50th. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't release a revised map this time around, perhaps waiting until Disneyland's 55th. But for your sake, I hope I'm wrong. :)

Bytebear
11-06-2007, 01:48 PM
I do recall seeing a framed poster at Disneyana on Main Street, but it may be a special collector's version.

Wendi
11-06-2007, 09:25 PM
I got my 50th at Star Traders... it was folded up, not very noticable...

dittersdorf
11-07-2007, 09:18 AM
I asked a CM about the souvenir maps a few weeks ago, and he said it was currently being redesigned (I'm assuming so it can include Nemo) and an updated version would be available for sale soon; however, he gave me no time frame.

Gone2Disneyland
11-07-2007, 09:45 AM
I asked a CM about the souvenir maps a few weeks ago, and he said it was currently being redesigned (I'm assuming so it can include Nemo) ...

Nemo and the new Dream Suite set to open over PotC next year. Wonder what attraction they'll show for the Main Street Opera House ... Abraham Lincoln or The Disneyland Story?

Genris
11-08-2007, 11:52 AM
I asked a CM about the souvenir maps a few weeks ago, and he said it was currently being redesigned (I'm assuming so it can include Nemo) and an updated version would be available for sale soon; however, he gave me no time frame.

Yup, this was the answer I finally got at the Emporium, with no time frame as to when it will be reissued.

Bytebear
11-08-2007, 02:56 PM
It's too bad they don't have the current one available. I guess it would be "bad show" to have a map that isn't up to date, but still... Acutally, it would be nice to have posters available for every year and every change that has occurred from 1955 right to the present. Each map could be named for the feature or the latest attraction, so you would have the Nemo map (current) or the 50th map, or the Indiana Jones map, or the Pirates map or the original opening day map (which would not have several of the first year's attractions).