PDA

View Full Version : Big Thunder and The Goat Trick

Pages : [1] 2

The Evil Queen
11-05-2007, 02:18 PM
After reading about the "Goat Trick" here, we tried it. HOW FUN IS THAT?!?!?:D

I know...It makes you crazy-dizzy, but my son and I got a kick out of it. Any else try it lately?

I think we'll do it every time, now!

Andrew
11-05-2007, 02:29 PM
Ahh, the goat trick.

DisneyGal17
11-05-2007, 02:44 PM
what goat trick? lol

Bytebear
11-05-2007, 02:50 PM
It just gives me a headache. I guess I am not as young as I used to be.

Leofoenget
11-05-2007, 04:22 PM
After reading about the "Goat Trick" here, we tried it. HOW FUN IS THAT?!?!?:D

I know...It makes you crazy-dizzy, but my son and I got a kick out of it. Any else try it lately?

I think we'll do it every time, now!

I tried it on Pirates....didn't work :p

disneyperson
11-05-2007, 04:40 PM

HeeHee.

cstephens
11-05-2007, 04:56 PM

Well, of course not! Pirates is enclosed! You can't see! Try it on the Columbia or the Twain ... or Splash Mountain. ;)

DisneyFamilyOf6
11-05-2007, 05:03 PM
What is the "Goat Trick"?

cstephens
11-05-2007, 05:08 PM
Search is your friend. (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=56995&highlight=goat+trick)

ralfrick
11-05-2007, 06:33 PM
To the linked thread I would add that you should shift so your back is kinda towards the left side of the car. As incredible as BTMRR is at DLP, we did miss the goat.

Cheers.

MiaTurner
11-05-2007, 07:37 PM
Well, of course not! Pirates is enclosed! You can't see! Try it on the Columbia or the Twain ... or Splash Mountain. ;)

On Splash Mtn. if you look at a point straight ahead instead of down the drop, it gives you the "goat" feeling ;)

cstephens
11-05-2007, 10:05 PM
On Splash Mtn. if you look at a point straight ahead instead of down the drop, it gives you the "goat" feeling ;)

I think I'm too busy at that point screaming my guts out. :eek:;):p

Another Dimension
11-05-2007, 10:41 PM
The Goat Trick... in '99. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu093jW6ACg)

dizzygrl
11-06-2007, 12:21 AM
What is the "Goat Trick"?

I'd like to know what the Goat Trick is also. My family has always lovingly referred to my father as the old goat and we always yell hi grandpa when we fly past and of course we always get him items with old goats on them.

BUT...please tell me what the Goat Trick is...I'm sure all the kids would love to know!

disneyhound
11-06-2007, 05:00 AM

Try it on Innovations; not recommended for those with sensitive systems!

Genris
11-06-2007, 06:25 AM
I tried to do the Goat Trick yesterday, from row 14 no less, and failed. I guess it works better in the day time, when you can actually see the goat. :p

ralfrick
11-06-2007, 07:20 AM
I'd like to know what the Goat Trick is also. My family has always lovingly referred to my father as the old goat and we always yell hi grandpa when we fly past and of course we always get him items with old goats on them.

BUT...please tell me what the Goat Trick is...I'm sure all the kids would love to know!

Use the link in post #9.

Cheers.

disneyperson
11-06-2007, 12:31 PM
Watch out trying the goat trick in the petting area.

ghoofie
11-06-2007, 02:40 PM
An extension of the goat trick, is to sit in the very back row, and look backwards the entire ride, never looking forward. You can't anticipate drops and turns so it's pretty cool. It's worth waiting for the back row to do so, if you politely ask the CM for the back.

TTFN92
11-06-2007, 03:38 PM
I can't do the goat trick. I've tried everytime we've been on it. I told my sister about it and she's like yeah, right, whatever. Then she did it and was shocked that it was real :p. Maybe someday it will work. I wanted to try it at WDW but they don't have a goat ;) (at least that I saw).

cynthia312
11-06-2007, 04:45 PM

that sounds fun! imma try it the next time i go! :) hopefully i remember.

potzbie
11-06-2007, 04:55 PM
Try it on Innovations; not recommended for those with sensitive systems!

I tried it on the PeopleMover ... It just wasn't the same ...
:rolleyes:

jory29
11-06-2007, 08:27 PM
What did they do with the Goat?? The goat was there yesterday, but not today. When asked by a guest where the goat was, the CM said maybe the dynamite had blown him up.
We were unfortunate yesterday evening to have 2 girls sitting behind us who screamed and shrieked SO loudly the entire time, that our ears 'felt' sore/different until morning. Not kidding.
I'll try the goat trick if they bring him or her back.

bloodnswash
11-07-2007, 04:59 AM
My husband and son do the goat trick every time we ride Thunder. But my husband insists it has to be done from the very last seat of the train. LOL, I won't explain why he says this. My guys say it isn't as much fun since they started replacing the material on Thunder's seats. I don't know if they are all replaced yet, but the new seat covers hold you in place entirely too well; they say that takes some of the fun away.

I did it once, and it made me feel like I was going to throw up...the rest of my day was ruined. I do love watching my two guys have fun with it, though. :)

CV12Pirate
11-07-2007, 05:11 AM
Has any poor little kid, or big kid for that matter thrown up because of the goat trick, is that why the back seat is best?