PDA

View Full Version : Different Billy Hill Shows

Wonder Mouse
11-04-2007, 10:01 AM
Does anyone know if there is a schedule of the different Billy Hill Show elements? For example the Puddle Prance or Elvis portions. Are they on different day's/times etc..

Thanks

biolabetty
11-04-2007, 05:08 PM
I think it just depends on who is in the show. I've noticed that the Monday group never does Puddle Prance, but the group on Saturday does. The Thursday, Friday group doesn't do it either if they have their normal lead Billy, but I caught them once on a Friday when the lead Billy from the rest of the week was taking over for him during an illness, and they did Puddle Prance. I must admit that I go to way too many of their performances, and they've begun to recognize me.

I love Puddle Prance, but I'm not a really big fan of the Devil Went Down to Georgia closer. Usually I only can guess what type of show I'm getting only after the curtain has opened and I see who is playing that day. No matter who is playing though, I always enjoy the show, they are all such great musicians.

Family of Four
11-04-2007, 05:35 PM
Here's a wikipedia entry for Billy Hill and the Hillbillies. It lists the different members and their schedules. The entry also includes some other links. I hope this helps.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Hill_and_the_Hillbillies

bloodnswash
11-05-2007, 05:40 AM
Puddle Prance....Absolutely love the main guy for this one (the really thin guy)!!! He always has us busting a gut. :)

Doodle Duck
11-05-2007, 11:46 AM
As many times as we've seen BHB, it's only been the same lead Billy! (Kirk Wall) (Do they both do the 'Teeth' and both do Elvis?)

I have noticed changes once in awhile in the other members.

Favorite is the Beatles tribute and least favorite is (we usually leave when it starts) Devil/Georgia.

Funny thing..ran into 'Billy' while we were sitting outside on a bench as he walked by...I said 'Hello' and ho much (and for how long) we've enjoyed the shows...I was really surprised at his gracious reaction as if he was genuinely flattered and also surprised. Very warm feeling from him to us. Nice for a change.

mommy-san
11-05-2007, 03:18 PM
We asked the girls at the order counter to go back and get them after the show for autographs. They were so nice, talked to us for a good 15 minutes when they found out we were from Canada (they had just been to see a Canadian country star at the House of Blues the night before). When they found out my 6 year old daughter plays the harp they were off and running talking music stuff with her.
Seeing Billy Hill is now one thing I am really looking forward to do (a MUST), where as before I'd looked at it as something to do if we had the time.

biolabetty
11-05-2007, 07:18 PM
On Thursdays and Fridays the lead Billy is a guy that I've seen perform in the skits they do out front of the Golden Horseshoe. He doesn't do the teeth thing. I've seen another guy do a sub job a couple of times as lead Billy, he is skinny and does a great Barney Fife imitation (Don Knotts' character from the old Andy Griffith show). This guy did the teeth thing, and Puddle Prance, but I don't think he is really the musician the other guys are, but he's funny. We've gotten to know the fellow (John David) who does a wonderful guitar solo on Thursdays and Fridays, he always comes out to say hello to us.

I don't know what it is about the Devil Went to Georgia bit, but I don't think it's a very strong closer. I'm always disappointed when they close with it. I went to 2 shows this last Saturday, and they did a different song in the second one. It was an old Country Bears song, and it was so fun to hear after so many years of missing the bears.

yohomama212
11-05-2007, 08:10 PM
I passed Kirk Wall yesterday, I was headed to Rancho del Zocalo with the kids to meet my husband and he was headed in the direction of the Golden Horseshoe. I saw DH and asked the kids who that was up ahead. Both of them started screaming about Billy. I barely noticed him and as he passed, he just waved to the kids and said hi to me. Of course, all through lunch I was talking about how Billy Hill said hi to me!

I've seen the show at least five or six times this year and he's the only Billy I've seen. I have seen them do Puddle Prance and the Elvis bit on the same day (Tuesdays I think). I've never seen the Devil Went Down to Georgia piece and would like to see it at least once.

Elizabeth

Malcon10t
11-05-2007, 08:17 PM
I like Kirk Wall as the lead, and John Eaden (from Laughing Stock) also. John doesn't do the teeth thing. I like to go a few times each trip to see various groupings and different shows.

Another Dimension
11-05-2007, 11:11 PM
They are all... really, a great bunch of great talents, true gentlemen and great guys... onstage and off!

Past and present Billies!!

:D

Genris
11-06-2007, 06:41 AM
They did the teeth bit (A LITTLE EYE CONTACT WOULD BE NICE) and closed with Devil Went Down to Georgia yesterday at 2:30. I wonder if they change up the show at all during the same day. With so many performances, it would get old to do the same one each time, wouldn't it?

I'm so sorry I missed "the puddle prance". The Beatles tribute was great!