PDA

View Full Version : Help Save Country Bear Hall at Disneyland by signing a petition on countrybears.com

Pages : [1] 2

Disneyfreak
07-29-2002, 05:06 PM
Everyone who sees this please help save the country bears at Disneylad by going to www.countrybears.com and signing the petition.

Techie7
07-29-2002, 05:19 PM
When I see molding for sale on ebay from the CBP I can only assume that very little is left to be saved. From what I have heard Pooh is well along on it's install (look at the outside alone)

Matterhorn Fan
07-29-2002, 05:31 PM
Plus I don't think that online petitions do much good. There's an article to this effect at www.snopes.com.

Face it, the Country Bear attraction is not coming back to Disneyland.

Disneyfreak
07-29-2002, 05:32 PM
Actually I just went on ebay and they only have minor things for sale like a post or a molding. Not any animintronics or anything major to the ride.

Disneyfreak
07-29-2002, 05:36 PM
POOH is STUPID. I wish they would knock that ride down. But I guess that cant happen. There is still hope. You have no idea if they got rid of anything in the playhouse. You are guessing. GIVE ME SOME HARD EVIDENCE THAT THE EQUIPMENT HAS BEEN SHIPPED OUT OF DISNEYLAND. Those pictures by al are not reliable you have no idea if they were just shipped to matinence or anything like that. Its not like you got a tour and walked around inside. They are building Pooh but you dont know if they spaced both the theaters for Pooh. Maybe one theater is still intact.

Cadaverous Pallor
07-29-2002, 05:51 PM
Ok, I'm going to be really blunt here. I don't mean to anger anyone, but these are the obvious facts.

The country bears show was not pulling in the crowds like it used to.

Winnie the Pooh has sold billions of dollars worth of merchandise in the last 5 years or so, skyrocketing past many old standards.

Winnie the Pooh goes with the Critter theme.

Pooh and friends get very long line-ups when they come out and sign autographs in Critter Country.

Thus, the bears have been torn out and Pooh is going in. DEAL WITH IT. Life moves on. Nostalgia is one thing, but living in the past is another. I loved the submarine ride, and I still miss it and think about it a lot. BUT my big gripe is that they didn't replace it with something, not that it's gone. If they replace the Bears with something interesting, I'm fine with that. Even though I'm not a fan of Disney Pooh.

Let it go. All things must pass away.

JRob2k1
07-29-2002, 05:57 PM
Face it i's gone....

http://www.disneygeek.net/updates/2002_07_26_update/disneyland_update.php?page_id=16

That top picture is a type of honey that I'm 100% sure the Country Bears do not like.

It's gone and hear comes da Pooh!

-JRob

PXSgeek
07-29-2002, 06:07 PM
i close my eyes and i see anamatronic bear parts everywhere as that hideous lil yellow bear with no pants LAUGHS with delight as he drives the bulldozer into all the wonderfull lil bears:crying:

mousey_girl
07-29-2002, 06:45 PM
Weren't there pics on the net that showed the Country Bears in the back of a truck, racing down a freeway?

I wish I could remember where I saw it... It was hard evidence that the Bears had been removed from the park (they were NEKKED too!!!:eek: )

Nigel2
07-29-2002, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Disneyfreak
Actually I just went on ebay and they only have minor things for sale like a post or a molding. Not any animintronics or anything major to the ride.

They never sell AA's online (under the disney name that is), because they have this big thing about not selling their technology. For example when they tried to sell the Dreamfinder's Blimp they had to pull it right after it listed because they didn't block out the images of DF and Figment, (the listing did say that they weren't on it either but they had to cover their bases). Also, rocket rods, the only one that went on sale was a promo one that can't run because it has no motor, all the rest (well almost all the rest) were demoed.

Plus as CP said (and I have said numerous times) the only time in the past several years that attraction probably got a full house was during it's last week.

Also the Pooh attraction at WDW's MK seems to be popular since when we went there was a sizeable line for it.

Sheila
07-29-2002, 10:28 PM
I believe a little bird told me that the Country Bears' next engagement will be somewhere around Grizzly River Rapids.... ;)

Sheila

DisneylandBoy
07-29-2002, 10:38 PM
I want to make a quick point here. . . .

Think about if you were a little kid who loved watching Winnie-the-Pooh. Your parents tell you they are taking you to Disneyland and explain that you are going to be able to meet all of your favorite characters. You ride Peter Pan, Snow White, Pinocchio, Mr. Toad's (who?), Dumbo. But where is the Pooh ride? Ok, so you maybe get to meet him (if you time it right). But where is a Pooh ride ? Sure there is a fun show with bears, but they aren't Pooh. You are dissapointed. If only . . .

For most little kids Pooh is much more important than CBJ. I know it is sad to see it go . . . but Pooh is much more practical. Plus, as Cadaverous Pallor pointed out, CBJ wasn't pulling in the crowds.

TecTalker2K
07-30-2002, 09:36 AM
I may be wrong but I think most people would enjoy watching Bears Singing than riding through pooh. Just glad t iis not going to be a walk through... who would clean all those shoes.

Disneyfreak
07-30-2002, 10:28 AM
Still even if they are building pooh you dont know if the theater is gone. They may theme it to the new movie and place it right next to pooh. But I would rather they go to GRR and theme it great. Maybe have the bears retire to that ride. Same idea as for splash mountain, but in DCA.

disguy
07-30-2002, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by JRob2k1
Face it i's gone....

http://www.disneygeek.net/updates/2002_07_26_update/disneyland_update.php?page_id=16

That top picture is a type of honey that I'm 100% sure the Country Bears do not like.

It's gone and hear comes da Pooh!

-JRob

I just went to this site JRob, Jeez! can then push ANYMORE ads on you? Reminds me of an X site or something.

Gemini Cricket
07-30-2002, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Disneyfreak
Everyone who sees this please help save the country bears at Disneylad by going to www.countrybears.com and signing the petition.
Uh, I hate to break it to you guys but... this "petition" is on Disney.com. It's an official Disney site. It's a commercial and by signing it you get put on some sort of e-mailing list for updates, Disney info etc. It refers to the plot of the movie Save Country Bear Hall by putting on a show... This doesn't apply to Disneyland at all. They're cashing in on how many people want the attraction back by making it seem like an online petition...

fyi

disguy
07-30-2002, 10:48 AM
I don't follow.. you mean it has something to do with the movies plot? or what?

(not that I care I'm glad to see them gone, sorry guys)

Gemini Cricket
07-30-2002, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by disguy
I don't follow.. you mean it has something to do with the movies plot? or what?

(not that I care I'm glad to see them gone, sorry guys)
Yes. The plot of the movie is the little bear is going to save Country Bear Hall by reuniting the Country Bears singing group and putting on a concert. You signing the petition is like helping him in the movie.

Not Afraid
07-30-2002, 11:11 AM
Teeheehee. This is great. A fine example of effective marketing!

For those of you who don't know.......the movie has a sub-plot where the Bears' performance hall is threatened with closure. This isn't shown in the trailer but appeared in the pre-ads. The "petition" is just an interactive part of the film's advertisement web site. When you click to sign the petition, you can enter your first name to help save the theater in the movie It is supposd to be fun for you (woo hoo :rolleyes: )

As GC said, this has NOTHING to do with CBJ at Disneyland which is long gone and beyond the petition stage.

Bill Catherall
07-30-2002, 11:17 AM
This is just too funny! :D

hbquikcomjamesl
07-30-2002, 11:23 AM
If it were the original bear show, I'd be interested in saving it. But as to Vacation Hoedown, I honestly don't give a tinker's curse.

As far as I'm concerned, replacing the CBJ with Pooh was something that already happened, the day Vacation Hoedown debuted.

PXSgeek
07-30-2002, 02:16 PM
Think about if you were a little kid who loved watching Winnie-the-Pooh. Your parents tell you they are taking you to Disneyland and explain that you are going to be able to meet all of your favorite characters. You ride Peter Pan, Snow White, Pinocchio, Mr. Toad's (who?), Dumbo. But where is the Pooh ride? Ok, so you maybe get to meet him (if you time it right). But where is a Pooh ride ? Sure there is a fun show with bears, but they aren't Pooh. You are dissapointed. If only . . .

wheres the toy story ride? wheres the lion king ride? wheres Mulan's exiting adventures, or whatever happened to pocahontas? my question is why is pooh so important? they better build a darn good ride to replace the bears in my opinion

Ghoulish Delight
07-30-2002, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by PXSgeek

my question is why is pooh so important? Because it's making bundle after bundle of cash for them. About two years ago, Pooh passed Mickey as Disney's #1 selling character. That's JUST Pooh. Add in Tigger and Eyeore (the next most popular of the Hundred Acre Woods cast), and you're talking about a healthy percentage of their overall character merchandising. Sure, I'd love a Toy Story or Lilo and Stitch attraction, but as well as those movies did/are doing in the short term, nothing right now seems to have the overall draw of Pooh.

I can't say I'm in love with WtP. I can't say I'm happy that we are getting a scaled down version of the existing ride (no GPS trackless system). BUT, I do understand the motivation for wanting to put it in. It will almost certainly draw a crowd.

Pooh
07-30-2002, 08:53 PM
Okay, let me just say that I am one of the biggest Pooh fans there is. I've been collecting Pooh themed stuff since the mid 70s (before it was popular) and am sitting in my computer room surrounded by Disney and Pooh and typing on my Pooh computer keyboard.

Now, I WANT THE COUNTRY BEARS INSTEAD OF POOH!!!! My niece and nephew loved it and it gave the adults in the group a chance to sit, rest, cool off, and have the kids entertained. So the audiences were small. How many CMs could it take to run the thing?

Peoplemover was another ride that provided a nice rest/break and you usually didn't have a long wait. I think my brother timed Peoplemover at 13 minutes long.

Submarine - another ride that was fairly long. Skyway and America Sings, too. What's next? Are they going to take out it's a small world or the Jungle Cruise?

mkyears
07-30-2002, 10:11 PM
Get over it it's gone there is nothing we can do about it. Disney Doesn't care what we think.

Just Posting the truth