PDA

View Full Version : Bringing down the Magic

vj81995
11-03-2007, 02:07 PM
I HATE when teens/adults bring down the magic by screaming the lines to a ride. I'm ok with singing along but actully SCREAMING THE LINES just ticks me off! Especially in the Haunted Mansion when they driwn out the Ghost Host's narration then scream at the end. THEY SHOULD BE KICKED OUT!

Rufus T Firefly
11-03-2007, 04:08 PM
I HATE when teens/adults bring down the magic by screaming the lines to a ride. I'm ok with singing along but actully SCREAMING THE LINES just ticks me off! Especially in the Haunted Mansion when they driwn out the Ghost Host's narration then scream at the end. THEY SHOULD BE KICKED OUT!

Ohh-kay :rolleyes:

LaurieJR
11-03-2007, 10:08 PM
I can relate to your experience with screaming teenagers. Once I was riding BTMRR with my husband, my sons were riding in the car in front of us, they are in their early twenties and are much more capable of tuning out teenage loudness than I am, but even they said they were relieved when the ride was over and we were no longer captives of the screaming teenage girls riding behind us. They were purposely leaning forward and screaming...no, make that 'shrieking' as loud as they could non-stop. When they got off the ride, they were laughing and saying they need to get a life, that DL was boring to them. I wanted to tell them 'why don't you NOT renew your SoCAL Passport anymore, and just come every once in awhile so you will appreciate DL more and maybe not be so bored...but we didn't say anything, it's not like it ruined my day at DL, but it is frustrating. The worst was having to endure Splash Mt. with a couple of swearing teens. I did tell them to please 'watch the language'. I'm a pretty tolerant person, but I don't appreciate it when I see gangs (groups of teenage friends) running amok in the park as if they own the place.

tod
11-04-2007, 08:54 AM
Saw this in today's New York Times news feed and I thought of this thread:

“If anything characterizes the 21st century, it’s our inability to restrain ourselves for the benefit of other people,” said James Katz, director of the Center for Mobile Communication Studies at Rutgers University. “The cellphone talker thinks his rights go above that of people around him, and the jammer* thinks his are the more important rights.”

The screamers think their right to yell "Of course! There's always! My way!... EEEYAUGH!!!" supersedes the rights of everybody around them to enjoy the attraction.

--t
*"Jammer": Person with an electronic device that incapacitates cell phones within its effective range. Use of such devices is against Federal law.

codewoman
11-04-2007, 01:17 PM
My problem is that I'm starting to expect Disney to carry over to my regular life. I was on a commute train on Friday when a young lady was talking VERY LOUD to her friend across the aisle about her love life. In great detail. Explaining some facts of life to her (wrong!) and discussing timing and frequency and just generally going on, and on, and on.

I found myself looking around for a cast member to shut her up! No such luck.

vj81995
11-04-2007, 03:16 PM
Saw this in today's New York Times news feed and I thought of this thread:

The screamers think their right to yell "Of course! There's always! My way!... EEEYAUGH!!!" supersedes the rights of everybody around them to enjoy the attraction.

--t
*"Jammer": Person with an electronic device that incapacitates cell phones within its effective range. Use of such devices is against Federal law.

I dunno why but when I read EEEYAUGH!!! it just make me crack up bevause it sounds like he got hurt lol/

Marasmama
11-04-2007, 06:24 PM
I hate to admit this, but my 38 year old DH is one of the worst offenders of the "Of course there's always my way......EEEYAUGH!!!" I've tried to get him to shut up, but I think it's like a nervous tic at this point whenever he gets in the elevator. So if you see a 12 year old dressed as a full grown adult with a two year old little girl both talking along with the narration and a red faced mother some Sunday at HM....say Hi and accept my apologies for the overgrown adolescent.

bloodnswash
11-05-2007, 05:37 AM
Unless you are a very young child, I hate it when people scream bloody murder on rides like the HM, POTC....rides that don't require blood curdling screams. I swear once on POTC I was gonna smack the teenage girl behind me. She was seriously hurting my ears. And she thought it was hilarious. Why do people feel the need to be so irritating? I guess they need everyone to "look at me! I'm an idiot."

I don't mind people saying, "There's only my way......" Reciting doesn't bother me at all. Just don't scream it. There is a difference. In fact, during the 50th Anniversary, the first night of the new fireworks show, when it got to the HM part so many (I'm assuming APers) people recited this part in unison. It was actually pretty awesome!

kiki
11-05-2007, 09:23 AM
On my last trip to DL there were two teenagers making out on POTC in front of my little cousins who are except for one are much younger that teens. Talk about gross.

MiaTurner
11-05-2007, 10:01 AM
Big fan of screaming at the appropriate time in the stretching room.

Not so big a fan of reciting out loud and screaming once you're on the doombuggies.

potzbie
11-05-2007, 06:18 PM
Not so big a fan of reciting out loud and screaming once you're on the doombuggies.

Yeah. Don't you hate it when a loudmouth screams the punch lines in STORYBOOKLAND CANAL?
;)

Barbossa
11-05-2007, 07:33 PM
I was on a commute train on Friday when a young lady was talking VERY LOUD to her friend across the aisle about her love life. In great detail. Explaining some facts of life to her (wrong!) and discussing timing and frequency and just generally going on, and on, and on.

Hmmmm, I would have liked to listen in on that. :p

dznyphreak
11-06-2007, 09:39 AM
In fact, during the 50th Anniversary, the first night of the new fireworks show, when it got to the HM part so many (I'm assuming APers) people recited this part in unison. It was actually pretty awesome!

Hey! I was one of those crazy AP'ers who recited the whole show. When thousands on Main St. do it, I guess it's okay. :D

As for the HM, I do recite it from time to time, but only loudly if the rest of the room is doing it too. I sometimes whisper the ToT library too.

bloodnswash
11-07-2007, 05:10 AM
Hey! I was one of those crazy AP'ers who recited the whole show. When thousands on Main St. do it, I guess it's okay. :D

LOL, we were too. :) That was so cool. My husband and I were actually quite bummed all the other times we saw the 50th fireworks show and nobody recited. It just felt like something was missing. But on that first night of the 50th fireworks, I was crammed in between everyone and could barely see a thing (up towards the castle and we all had to stand. And I'm short). But when that reciting started, OMG, I had chicken skin. It was great! :)

dznyphreak
11-07-2007, 04:21 PM
Aah! No kidding. Goosebumps. All over. It had to be the biggest gathering of Disneyland nerds in history...I had to "skip" school to go that day. Told all my teachers ahead of time (Hey! I'll be at Disneyland on Thursday, not your class. What'll I miss? :D ), so I guess that's not really skipping. It was worth it. I actually saw one of my substitute teachers there that day. Kinda funny.

Ahhhhh...memories.