PDA

View Full Version : Jungle Cruise Closure?

RockDoc07
11-03-2007, 07:19 AM
We are in the early stages of a possible trip to the Happiest Place in February so I went onto the website and searched the calendar and while nothing is yet planned entertainment wise, they do list both Small World and the Jungle Cruise as being closed during that time. This is the first I have heard of it, anyone have any info on this?

Thanks everyone!

Cool Runnings
Doc

vintagechick103
11-03-2007, 07:33 AM
A Small World will be closed for most of 2008 for refurbishment. I heard on the radio that one of the changes they were making the seats bigger for our expanding rear ends.
:rolleyes:
I don't know about the Jungle Cruise, but if it says it on the DL site, it's probably true.

Tisha
11-03-2007, 07:54 AM
I'm sure it's just time for its annual refurb.

olegc
11-03-2007, 03:38 PM
We are in the early stages of a possible trip to the Happiest Place in February so I went onto the website and searched the calendar and while nothing is yet planned entertainment wise, they do list both Small World and the Jungle Cruise as being closed during that time. This is the first I have heard of it, anyone have any info on this?

Thanks everyone!

Cool Runnings
Doc

small world closure has been in updates on several Fan sites for two weeks now, but JC is probably annual refurb, or maybe filling tidbits for the JC movie ;)

tigger08
11-04-2007, 06:43 AM
does it say when the jungle cruise will open again. We are going in April and I just have to take the boys on this ride. WE might have to postbone are trip if it is closed.

CV12Pirate
11-04-2007, 06:57 AM
We're going in June. After they open for the season and everything is open. They are still doing some refurb work in April and some things will be closed.

tigger08
11-04-2007, 09:05 AM
I'm sure hoping that the jungle cruise and splash mountain will be open. Does Disney have the list out somewhere already where you can see what is schudualed to close and when they will open back up again?

Burnt Toast
11-04-2007, 09:25 AM
I'm sure hoping that the jungle cruise and splash mountain will be open. Does Disney have the list out somewhere already where you can see what is schudualed to close and when they will open back up again?

www.disneyland.com and then click on the Calendar link at the top.

... or better yet, the weekly Disneyland update on this website's main page... usually someone does all the work for you at the bottom and lists rehabs there. There's also one for Walt Disney World too!

RockDoc07
11-04-2007, 08:10 PM
Yeah, sorry. I just reread my post and realized it read as though I didn't see the Small World Closure too. I just meant that I hadn't heard anything about the JC closure. Thanks for all the help everyone!

Cool Runnings
Doc

Leofoenget
11-05-2007, 01:02 PM
A Small World will be closed for most of 2008 for refurbishment. I heard on the radio that one of the changes they were making the seats bigger for our expanding rear ends.
:rolleyes:
I don't know about the Jungle Cruise, but if it says it on the DL site, it's probably true.

Those boats are pretty wide and roomy. How much bigger do they need to be???

GreenDragon
11-05-2007, 01:05 PM
Those boats are pretty wide and roomy. How much bigger do they need to be???

The problem isn't that the seats need to be bigger, it's that we're sinking the boats so low in the water that they're getting stuck. :eek:

pixar
11-05-2007, 03:23 PM
The problem isn't that the seats need to be bigger, it's that we're sinking the boats so low in the water that they're getting stuck. :eek:

is that really true? I mean, with overweight people, don't they just sit 3 or 2 to a row instead of 4? I gotta imagine the overall weight on a boat isn't up by much.