PDA

View Full Version : Book with great Disneyland Photos?

tmmommy
11-02-2007, 02:14 PM
After a wonderful :) DL trip this spring, I would love to get my daughters and my neices books about DL for Christmas--something that would have great photos of the grounds, the rides--is there anything like that out there? I took tons of photos--but now I notice not many of the attractions themselves. It would be fun to share these memories with their grandparents, who have never been. Thanks in advance!!

tod
11-02-2007, 06:55 PM
There are several.

Disneyland: Inside Story by Randy Bright. The text is call-it-sanitized but there are some good pictures in there. Pricey, now.
Disneyland: Dreams, Traditions and Transitionsis an '80s-era picture book, and not bad.
Disneyland: The First Quarter Century is the 25th-anniversary book, it was updated as Disneyland: The First 30 Years.

Most of these can be found at good used-book sources. Large bookstores and used-book websites.

--t

VickiC
11-02-2007, 08:01 PM
We have Disneyland: The First Quarter Century and my kids love looking at what Disneyland used to look like and at the pictures that show how all the rides were built.

ralfrick
11-03-2007, 08:27 AM
I haven't seen this one, but looks like it fits your needs, and is available through mouseshoppe: Disneyland: Then, Now and Forever

I have also bought a couple of books in the past with ride photos and such sold at the theme parks. There is some sort of service for buying theme park merch, so maybe someone can steer you that way.

Cheers.

GrouchoMarx
11-04-2007, 01:03 PM
I haven't seen this one, but looks like it fits your needs, and is available through mouseshoppe: Disneyland: Then, Now and Forever
Just tossing in my two cents to endorse this book. I have a copy; it offers a good written and photographic history of the park.

tmmommy
11-12-2007, 08:14 AM
thanks for all the helpful info!!

Maus
11-12-2007, 09:06 AM

I second this one as an up-to-date book your family would enjoy looking at to remember their trip.