PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen the cats at DCA that live in the park?

padilla6710
10-31-2007, 01:44 PM
Everytime I go to DCA right by the bakery that is shaped like a train I see two kitty cats an orange one and a brown and black one. They must have been living there for at least a year now. When I first saw them they had a bunch of kittens but they must have been given away by Disney? Does anyone know the story behind the cats that live there? Does Disney take care of them?

rokketride
10-31-2007, 02:27 PM
One crossed my path near the partners statue last time I was there. He was just hanging out in the flower beds looking for scraps I guess.

LacyBelle
10-31-2007, 02:52 PM
You can see the feral cats around WhiteWater Snacks, too.

The cats help keep down the rodent population at the resort.

Seashel
10-31-2007, 05:35 PM
A little over a year ago my hubby did the demo/remodel of the Mad Hatter and was in the park all night a couple of nights working.

I think DL takes care of them in exchange for rodent control....can't remember what hubby said for sure, I'll ask.

oops, just saw LacyBelle said the same thing.....

Seashel
10-31-2007, 08:25 PM
just checked with hubby and he said a CM told him that they spay and neuter and keep the cats immunized.

dsnyredhead
10-31-2007, 08:25 PM
During a visit we saw some cats around and saw a cm taking food to them. We chatted with the cm for a moment and he said that the cats are rounded up and are given vaccinations and are fed very well by the cm's. There are days where you won't see one and other days where they are out wandering around looking for food.

Nancy
10-31-2007, 08:27 PM
You can see the feral cats around WhiteWater Snacks, too.

The cats help keep down the rodent population at the resort.

The little calico is so cute. The CM there said she has had a couple of litters.

MoKat72
11-01-2007, 06:40 AM
It's funny, having cats "taking care of the rodent population" in a park built by a mouse. :) About two years ago, I saw a couple of black and white kittens in the spot mentioned by Padilla.

Delight
11-01-2007, 07:54 AM
:rolleyes:We saw 1 over by the loading dock to Pirates' Lair when we visited in October. It was a long hair calico. My daughter almost went after it.

Leofoenget
11-01-2007, 08:00 AM
The little calico is so cute. The CM there said she has had a couple of litters.

The Diva of DCA. I have a great picture of her but MP says I can't post pictures. :confused: It's nice to know they get vaccinations but she NEEDS to be fixed.

disneynut
11-01-2007, 08:27 AM
Everytime I go to DCA right by the bakery that is shaped like a train I see two kitty cats an orange one and a brown and black one.

We look for the orange one everytime we go but didn't see him/her on either our June trip or the October trip. I'm happy to hear s/he's still around. My kids call that one Garfield.