PDA

View Full Version : How to get a Disneyland Professional Salary job?

doctortea
10-31-2007, 01:09 PM
Ok I really would like to get a Job at the Park on the Professional Salary side of things. I have visited the casting center and was told the only way is through the web site for the Professional jobs or Park leads. I am looking in to the Travel Company or any thing to doing with sales / management. Dose any one know of a good way to get some one to look at my resume, like a better fax than just the general one or just some good trick to get my foot in the door?

I have been trying to get in for some time now. I am in my late 20’s with a new family to support so I wish I could started out as a CM in the park but to bad it doesn’t pay the bills. I have tried faxing and sending information through the web with out any luck.

Thanks for your help! :)

stan4d_steph
10-31-2007, 01:18 PM
Have you looked at the Disney Careers website? I applied for a job there using the online resume submittal form, and had a phone screen interview, but never heard back again.

princessy777
10-31-2007, 01:35 PM
I have been looking into the same thing. I just got my Bachelors and thankfully so. Most every salaried position on disneycareers.com seems to require one. Plus experience in most cases. I'll keep everyone posted on my progress.

Here is my quandry though. Work in the park? I would hate to wake up one morning and say "gosh, I really don't want to go to Disneyland today:("

doctortea
10-31-2007, 02:37 PM
I am degreed and have a Large well grounded business management back ground on my resume and well I have had Zero luck with the web site. My wife is an Ex CM and she has told me they get so much though their web site that ever one just get mixed in the shuffle. Well I keep hoping and dreaming for working for the mouse.

DizMe
10-31-2007, 02:43 PM
I once attended a seminar presented by Disney to my students (I was a trainer in the hospitality field). I think I was the most avid of them all and asked the presenters afterward the very question you pose. Their response was polite but discouraging and for a number of reasons I did not pursue employment with them. I have always dreamed of someone approaching me out of the blue and offering me a spectacular job at Disney, but for some reason it hasn't ever happened.

Gone2Disneyland
10-31-2007, 02:50 PM
I have always dreamed of someone approaching me out of the blue and offering me a spectacular job at Disney, ...

That should be a prize in the Year of a Million Dreams. ;) :p I know I'd want to win a job in Imagineering. :)

Bolivar
10-31-2007, 03:00 PM
Sometimes you get a job through the front door so you should always keep pursuing that, but I would think you get a job at Disney like you do anywhere else -- personal contacts and networking. You need to reach out to everyone you know and try to get a connection to people within Disney. Join LinkedIn, go to anything where you might meet someone in Disney corporate. They don't have to be in the area you are interested in, just someone who can do an employee referral and can personally pass your resume to the recruiter and the hiring manager. Out of courtesy it will at the very least get looked at and you may even get a courtesy interview.

Of course for this to do any good, you still need the skills and to be the best match for the job. The network just gets you looked at, they still have to like what they see.

PanFan
10-31-2007, 06:14 PM
DH has been trying for a while to get hired into Disney management. He was granted one phone interview and only heard back because he sent a follow-up letter (they hired internally--big surprise!). It can happen, though. One of my managers was hired from the outside. Next time I get a chance I'm going to ask him for some tips because DH really wants this. He has an MBA and 2 years experience which is more than enough for any of the positions he's applied for (but not so much more that he's overqualified). He too would love to start from the bottom (like me) and work his way up, but we simply can't afford that.

Princessy--now everyone is different, but very rare is the day when I wake up saying "I don't want to go to Disneyland today." What happens much more often is "Do I get to go to work today?" How many people can say that! While it doesn't pay much, to me it's so much more valuable to enjoy your job as much as I do. Which is why we REALLY need to get DH over there!

princessy777
11-01-2007, 05:21 AM
Wow! Thanks Panfan! That is so incouraging!! When I was looking at the job bank I quickly dismissed the in the Park jobs for the reasons that I stated before but now I think I'll give them another look.

The tips on Networking are great. I was just going to go the job bank route but now I think I may just start with inquiries to the executives I know in my current company. We deal with Disney I just need to find a name or something. I would love to work for a company that gives so much joy to so many people. :)

doctortea
11-01-2007, 03:35 PM
If any one knows any people in the Disney Travel company fell free to send me a message. Networking is the best idea, that’s my next step I know it. Thanks for all the great help! :)

vfire
11-01-2007, 05:25 PM
I think they're probably overwhelmed by web resumes, and hire internally for the most part. I've applied to quite a few jobs on the website over the past year to which I was qualified but never heard back for anything. I'll probably keep trying though...

Malcon10t
11-01-2007, 08:21 PM
Starting as a CM usually works best. My niece started out working as a cashier in the Emporium, moved to being a friend of Mickey and Timon, and made her way up. She is now in the Marketing Dept. (She got her BA in Marketing.) It took a couple years, but it paid off.

Bolivar
11-02-2007, 09:07 PM
I have a friend who after working a few years went back to graduate school for his MBA, did a summer intership in the marketing department at Disney and was hired as a Brand Manager. He has since left and is with Yahoo now.