PDA

View Full Version : Photo ID needed for preschooler's AP? Could they possibly demand that?

PoomShanka
10-31-2007, 12:12 PM
Hi Everyone!! :)

I doubt this is an issue, but I'm curious if our 3 1/2 year-old son will need a photo ID of some sort to get in the Disneyland gate with his paper AP, before we get our permanent ones. I can hardly picture someone being that much of a stickler about it at the gate! :p Have any parents of tiny AP holders had problems with the paper passes?

We are going to see "Mickey's Castle" (our son's name for Disneyland!) in December (DH, DS, DD and myself).

I realize I can call about it (if I can ever get an actual human on the line) but thought it would be more fun to ask here!! (Sorry if it's not in the appropriate category...)

Thanks in advance!!:D

-Anna >^..^<

raych30
10-31-2007, 12:33 PM
My kids were 3 and 5 when we first got our AP's and we had no problems at all. They never asked for any kind of photo ID for them, just asked their birthdate, etc. :)

TTFN92
10-31-2007, 02:03 PM
We didn't have to show anything for any of our kids. They were 4, 5, 9, 11 at the time.

DizneyMommy
10-31-2007, 02:50 PM
I think they pretty much assume if you as the parents have ID that matches your paper passes, then the child must match as well - why would you want to take someone else's child in and get them a pass using your child's name?

PoomShanka
10-31-2007, 03:12 PM
Thanks, everybody! Just wanted to make sure....!

It wasn't that I thought they might think you might bring someone else's child, I just wondered if they would question if the pass is really for that particular child, that's all, and not lost, stolen, etc. Then again, our passes all have the same batch order number anyway.

:)

TTFN92
10-31-2007, 03:36 PM
I think they pretty much assume if you as the parents have ID that matches your paper passes, then the child must match as well - why would you want to take someone else's child in and get them a pass using your child's name?

There's nothing that says your name on the paper passes is there? I don't remember that. I thought it was just a regular looking ticket. I just thought the id was to make sure that you got the right name on your permanent pass.

:confused:

PoomShanka
10-31-2007, 04:21 PM
TTFN92, that's correct....the paper passes have no names at all (I ordered online), just a tiny place to sign your name. I was surprised when I ordered that they didn't ask for names that would be printed, and when I called later on and asked about it, they said that was "normal" and to just take them to the park for a one-time admission, and then to Main St. to the permanent APs with the photos and names and junk.

I've never gotten APs before so I am learning as I go!!:p

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
10-31-2007, 08:41 PM
What photo ID would he have? My kids have school IDs, they are 6 and 4, but I know not all schools issue IDs, and I don't carry them with me at all times.

Malcon10t
10-31-2007, 08:59 PM
Until the kids turned 18, they were never asked for ID by Disneyland, train or air travel, or any thing else.

PoomShanka
10-31-2007, 09:50 PM
He wouldn't normally have any kind of photo ID, which is why I was asking about this in the first place. It did not seem like an issue, but I just thought I would inquire anyway because I am new to all this and did not want to run into any persnickety regulations, on the off chance there was something I should know, and didn't.

Since I had a question---although it might sound dumb to some people---I just figured I would ask it on this forum.

Washington Kay
11-01-2007, 12:53 AM
What photo ID would he have? My kids have school IDs, they are 6 and 4, but I know not all schools issue IDs, and I don't carry them with me at all times.

My son was very tall for his age and we often got looks when we were asking for children's rates on things so we went and got him, at age 6, a Washington State ID card. We were told there was no minimum age limit as long as he could stand for a picture to be taken.

We didn't let him carry it until he was older but he sure thought it was cool. This was 17 years ago so I am not sure if that has changed since then. Thankfully he stopped growing when he was 12 at 6'2" as it was a real challenge finding clothes to fit him.

DizneyMommy
11-01-2007, 10:44 AM
Same thing is true in CA. You can get an ID from the DMV at any age. In fact, my sister had to go and do that when she was 16 and did not have a license yet because that was the only way the airline would let her fly when she went to Utah for the Olympics.

going2disneyAZ
11-01-2007, 11:22 AM
Until the kids turned 18, they were never asked for ID by Disneyland, train or air travel, or any thing else.

Internation Air Travel. My boys have had their US Passports since they were each 6 months of age.