PDA

View Full Version : Star Tours exclusive action figures

Lost Boy
07-28-2002, 07:46 PM
They are putting out two exclusive action figures (in Star Wars packging) at Disneyland and WDW for Star Tours. The ones at WDW are already available (according to a cast member at Disneyland they put them out too early) and Disneyland as of last weekend had not even received their shipment. The figures are Rex (the Pilot) and the little Repair Droid that talks to you in the queue line. They also are putting out a small replica of the Star Speeder.
Has anyone seen them yet at Disneyland? I collect these things and would like to know when they hit Disneyland so I can make a trip down to pick them up. I know a lot of you go every week, so when you see them could you let me know, either on the board or by private email. There might be some others here who would like these also.
Thanks.:D

Ace
07-28-2002, 11:15 PM
I'd pay for the Rex one... will they still be available in August?

LeslieluvMcky
07-29-2002, 07:16 AM
I would love these...My hubby is a star wars fanatic and I would love to surprise him with these!!!

Lost Boy
07-29-2002, 07:31 PM
The Cast Member at the Star Wars store in Disneyland did not know when the figures would be on sale. WDW already has theirs (Of course) and he did not know when DL would get theirs. What I am hoping is that someone who goes more often than I am able will tell me whenever they are spotted and let us all know.
I don't know how many of you are aware of Action Figure collecting, but just like Pin collecting it started out several years ago as a fun hobby. When new figures hit the stores you could always pick up a figure of something you liked. Then the second hand dealers made the hobby a business for them by sending people who had the time (ie, people with no jobs) to get to the toy stores or places like Target to strip the shleves of newest figures as fast as they come in. Then they put them up for sale at there stores or web sites claiming they are "Hard to find" figures and sell them for up to 5 times the suggested retail price. The only reason they are "Hard to Find" figures is that these scum strip them from the store shelves as fast as they come out. Well, a few friends and I got together and formed a little group to combat this. We all look out for each other and if we find new figures that someone in the group is looking for, we pick it up for them. We make sure that if we spot the scum dealers in the store, we grab the figures and hold on to them until they leave. If we see a kid looking, we ask what he or in some cases she (there are more boys into action figures) and if we are holding it, we give it to the kid so they can have the figure and keep it out of the dealer hands. So far over the last few years it has worked very well for the group. We are all "collectors" not dealers and the toys we buy are for us, not to be resold for profit. I open all my action figures and display them, either on shelves or in dioramas I build to showcase them. The group has quite a few Star Wars collectors, and once we know when the figures are on sale at the Park, I have volinteered to go down and pick them up for whoever in the group wants them. The group knows I am the Disney Connection. I can't wait for the new Kingdom hearts toys to hit. They look great. :D

Pony Sugrue
07-30-2002, 11:38 AM
They had a bunch of those STARSPEEDERS out last year. They were in a rotating bin with other plastic attraction vehicles, characters etc. They were around 5 bucks a piece. I haven't seen any lately though.

Scalper10
08-13-2002, 04:16 PM
http://ebay0.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_447a23f60325797a6cadcabc60a7312d/i-1.JPG

Capt. Rex and G2-4T arrived from WDW friday. Awesome! They are very well done. Looking forward to getting the rest of the set.

Ace
08-13-2002, 04:19 PM
I'm going on the 18th for my birthday and I'd really like one of these.... are they at DL yet?

Scalper10
08-13-2002, 04:44 PM
Heard they had them for one day. Quickly sold out!

rexfarms
08-13-2002, 05:27 PM
As of yesterday they seemed to have them all in stock and it seemed like they didnt sell any b/c there were no spaces left.

Ace
08-13-2002, 08:30 PM
Consider the "rex" one purchased, if they have it next sunday.

JoeCanadian
08-13-2002, 08:58 PM
I find it pretty ironic that someone with the name 'scalper' has the action figures Lost Boy can't find (refer to his earlier reply)

cstephens
08-14-2002, 12:57 AM
We bought one of each on Sunday, and they seemed to have a decent supply on hand.

PurpleDove33
08-14-2002, 03:44 AM
As of this past sunday, they had the available. I collect other things, but I did pick it up to look at. They are cool.

Lost Boy
08-15-2002, 07:13 PM
I did manage to get down to the Park with a friend last Saturday and picked up both action figures. They are pretty cool. Thanks for all the info gang.:D

Scalper10
08-16-2002, 08:20 PM
http://66.221.124.161/g/generated/Star%20Wars/Star%20Tours%20WEG-

Scalper10
08-16-2002, 08:26 PM
http://ebay1.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_efd5167f0e5d03e0ea1c97f07bbf29c7/i-1.JPG

Moderator's Note: Image replaced with link. Please do not post photos unless you own the copyright to them.

cstephens
08-16-2002, 09:44 PM
Why are you posting a link to ebay? Why would anyone buy this off ebay when they can get it themselves at the park or probably through Delivears?

Scalper10
08-16-2002, 11:27 PM
Thought people might be interested in a picture of one of the newest figures. I thought it was cool. So I passed it along. I'll get mne from the park or the 800#. Would suggest everyone else does the same. MTFBWY

Scalper10
09-01-2002, 11:29 PM
Star Tours on StarWars.com (http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/2002/08/news20020828.html)

More pics and a list of this years figures.

Ace
09-02-2002, 07:20 PM
I went on the 18th and they didn't have them... shame.

stinkerbell
09-02-2002, 08:09 PM
I'm bringing my little four year old Darth Vader wannabe to DL, who's finally tall enough to ride Star Tours, so I can't wait to take her to the Star Wars store. She'll be in heaven. Glad this thread got bumped back up. Hope the action figures are there! They will make her trip! :)